• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

"crown him" ? None of us are taking this shit seriously. Wilbur cries real tears, but that's about it.

Do one. You're quoting a single poster.

I was reading football365's transfer rumours blog - as soon as David Moyes' comment that you 'might not sign anyone' came out, the site just about melted down with irate Man Utd 'fans' saying how the world is going to end.

Not saying the case isn't the same for Arsenal, but we haven't won anything for 7-8 years and have a right to complain a little (though I think most of it's an overreaction, myself) . Man Utd fans have no such right. You signed the best striker in the world last season ffs.

We just haven't seen enough of him to crown him. Right now, Utd needs help at MF; they need an Ozil/Modric or a Fabregas, not Januzaj.

It just infuriates me that Utd never breaks the bank to get those big time players. Instead, they rely on 40-year old Giggs, Scholes, etc.

Guys like Cleverley and Anderson are given way too many chances, too.

And Moyer doesn't have the pull of a Pelligrini, Mourinho, Ancelotti.

He's the biggest talent we have from the youth team and he's one of the biggest youth talents in all of Europe. He's excellent. Maybe if you would watch him play you would become excited over him, but you don't.

No one is saying he's ready to be an Ozil right now. He's only 18. You're reading into the comments the wrong way if that's what you think we're getting at. I don't think anybody has suggested he's ready to be as influential as a star player right now. We believe he has that potential to do that several years down the line.

He's the biggest talent we have from the youth team and he's one of the biggest talents in all of Europe. He's excellent. Maybe if you would watch him play you would become excited over him, but you don't.

No one is saying he's ready to be an Ozil right now. He's only 18. You're reading into the comments the wrong way if that's what you think we're getting at. I don't think anybody has suggested he's ready to be as influential as a star player right now.

I totally get that, but my point still stands is that this team needs talent at MF now, and not wait for Januzaj to grow facial hair.

That's why I would have been happy for Moyes/SAF to make a deal for a high-profile MF. It sucks that a world-class team like Utd has such a sh*tty MF.

Zabojnik

TOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the table now!

Sassuolo were actually pretty good and playing without the future GOAT and Juve star, Berardi. Even leggenda Moscardelli only came on in the second half. You guys got lucky, that's all. Great goal by Cerci though, really nice.

OMG Toro are above us on the table, zomggggg.

itsfuckingnothing.gif

I totally get that, but my point still stands is that this team needs talent at MF now, and not wait for Januzaj to grow facial hair.

That's why I would have been happy for Moyes/SAF to make a deal for a high-profile MF. It sucks that a world-class team like Utd has such a sh*tty MF.

I get this. Januzaj isn't our answer for this year or next year. No one has suggested that.

I don't get this comment.

I don't understand this at all. He doesn't look that great, IMO.

Which suggests you have never watched him.

Fry

Screen%2520Shot%25202013-08-25%2520at%25208.33.16%2520PM.png

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Wilbur

Banned
Yeezus is great. Eminem hasn't been great for like a decade

Frank, no :( my stream cut out 10 mins in. Gonna watch in the morning.

Wilbur

Banned
Your stream cut out? The one I sent you was fine for me :/
Goddammit though I need to avoid potential spoilers and tbh the BB thread from now on
Need some isolation for the rest of the season

Yeah it cut and then just... Didnt come back. I know what happened anyway. That's why I want to watch live because I can't resist spoiling it for myself if it's been on, I fucking suck :lol

Will watch it in the morning. So hyped.

Wilbur

Banned
you get off to Radiohead

you don't know what's good and what's not

And thus the circle continued

Just kiss me and shut your mouth. Let me do the tongue

Stop talking

Turn off that eminem song it's killing my boner

Put ok computer on

Let me take you to where the wild things are

Went to a women's NCAA soccer game today with my kids, and after rolling my eyes at the excessive substitution, was kinda impressed by the facilities. Not impressed by the play, just about every pass was weak and a serious lack of pace. I wonder if some of that might have been early season jitters since the field hockey game we went to before the soccer game was also rife with shitty passes.

But my real annoyance is the time. Not so much the countdown time used in NCAA (frankly, I think there's an argument to be made for a countdown clock,) but the inconsistency. we were only there for about 20 minutes before half and 20 minutes after half due to the field hockey game and forgetting to bring enough sunscreen. We saw an absolutely great free kick goal, but it was still 1-0 when we left. Checking the scoreboard when we got home, it ended up 3-1. I wanted to see by how much we missed the other goals, but on their stat sheet, they record the goal the normal soccer way. So I know we left with 25 minutes left in the second half, but the score report says that the other team scored at 69:59 and the home team scoring again at 74:46 and in the 80th minute. PICK A FORMAT NCAA! MATH IS FOR NERDS!

pulga

Banned
Went to a women's NCAA soccer game today with my kids, and after rolling my eyes at the excessive substitution, was kinda impressed by the facilities. Not impressed by the play, just about every pass was weak and a serious lack of pace. I wonder if some of that might have been early season jitters since the field hockey game we went to before the soccer game was also rife with shitty passes.

But my real annoyance is the time. Not so much the countdown time used in NCAA (frankly, I think there's an argument to be made for a countdown clock,) but the inconsistency. we were only there for about 20 minutes before half and 20 minutes after half due to the field hockey game and forgetting to bring enough sunscreen. We saw an absolutely great free kick goal, but it was still 1-0 when we left. Checking the scoreboard when we got home, it ended up 3-1. I wanted to see by how much we missed the other goals, but on their stat sheet, they record the goal the normal soccer way. So I know we left with 25 minutes left in the second half, but the score report says that the other team scored at 69:59 and the home team scoring again at 74:46 and in the 80th minute. PICK A FORMAT NCAA! MATH IS FOR NERDS!

So you're mad they use the whole 90 minute scale.

I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom