• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkon

"Juventus have officially bid for Nani, 13M€ ... according to The Sun"

LOOOOL. I love how these mercato sites are reporting transfer rumors. Everything is 'official' in the title, then you go read the article and ... Yeah.

I'm sure United were suitably appalled, disgusted and angry at the insulting bid.

K1LLER7

"Mesut Ozil again had a big sulk when coming off the pitch for Real Madrid last night. His relationship with the club appears to have broken down and that's fair enough if it's got anything to do with the character assassination waged by much of the Madrid press over the past couple of weeks. Ozil was initially accused of making up Manchester United interest to get his current club to offer him the contract extension he wanted, because of this the Spanish club were said to have put the player up for sale and everything has spiraled from there.

His attitude has been questioned repeatedly and that will surely increase after what happened last night. Upon being substituted against Granada, Ozil stormed off the pitch, showered and went straight to the team bus. He looked furious and shook his head when substituted against Real Betis at the weekend but managed to remain on the bench then.

Being taken off during a game is nothing new for the German international, it happened an awful lot last season but perhaps he's angry that the club haven't spoken out against the slurs which have been directed his way, or put up any strong public opposition to the idea of him leaving the football club.

We explained yesterday how it was being reported in Spain that Manchester United were set to bid imminently. AS said that on Monday morning that a bid would be submitted in the coming hours, no confirmation or denial has been made of that but in all honesty the reporting did sound a bit sketchy. It's all been picked up by the British media too and other clubs have been brought into the equation.

Real Madrid will almost certainly look to sell a few players once they've completed the Gareth Bale deal, they did the same when they bought Cristiano Ronaldo. Making Ozil's exit look like all his own fault is one way of working the media.

Marca gave him five out of ten for the match last night and said he's becoming a problem, calling him a part time magician. Nobody will have to wait too long to find out the conclusion of this, after today there's only six days left of the transfer window."

Part time Magician lol. Marca be hatin.

Hixx

Sterling is in the squad?

Hey Hodgson, why don't you just literally come out and say 'you can be an 18 year old squad player at one of the media darling clubs and I will pick you for England, it's ok. Don't make me go to the unfashionable clubs to watch their players, so you STAY ON THAT FUCKING BENCH, you hear me?'

Dicksplash.

Hahaha, it's amazing how popular this #FreeShinji has gotten lol

It was just some guy from a BVB forum that jokingly wrote it in on twitter last night and now it made the news.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rpool-loan-bid-for-Tottenham-target-Juan-Mata

This is just ridiculous now. It would at least be somewhat understandable to link Mata to Man United or Madrid or Barca. But why the fuck would he agree to go to Liverpool/Spurs/Atletico/whatever random club.

Can't wait for him to start against Bayern and destroy them. Less than a week until this nonsense is over.

Mata will be a Bayern player before Friday and destroy Chelsea.

GorillaJu

NAOTO ‏@nm_kjvip 6時間

「モイーズは恥!」 「真司の家はドルトムント! さぁ家に帰って来い!」 「マンチェスター・ユナイテッドよ。 お前らは真司の良さが分かっていない!」 こんなコメントがたくさんあって涙出そうになった(꒦ິ⌑꒦ີ) タグまで作ってくれて! #freeshinji

"Moyes is a dishonor" "Shinji's home is in Dortmund, so come back home!" "Manchester United, you don't understand Shinji's quality" There are so many comments like these it brings a tear to my eye. Now we even have a hashtag! #freeshinji

Carbonox

4 episodes in to The Sopranos. Really enjoying it. I wish Tony's mum would get whacked though, what an annoying hag. I also want to bone the psychiatrist. fml

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Moyes is a dishonor" "Shinji's home is in Dortmund, so come back home!" "Manchester United, you don't understand Shinji's quality" There are so many comments like these it brings a tear to my eye. Now we even have a hashtag! #freeshinji

I follow a very active Japanese Juventino. (his tumblr is brilliant)

I don't know what went wrong in his life <3

rvy

Banned
&#12300;&#12514;&#12452;&#12540;&#12474;&#12399;&#24677;&#65281;&#12301;

4 episodes in to The Sopranos. Really enjoying it. I wish Tony's mum would get whacked though, what an annoying hag. I also want to bone the psychiatrist. fml

Heh, funny.

arkon

That should be the next thread title.

I always forget that Roy is the England manager. Such a forgettable manager and national team.

The FA are a joke, Hodgson is a joke and the national side is fucking terrible. There was a time in my life I used to look forwards to international breaks to watch England matches because they were always so exciting. Now they are fucking terrible. No ambition, no attacking impetus, just boring football to grind out 1-0 victories in Wembley against shitty minnows.

Now we have Greg "I'm a cunt" Dyke talking about moving the Qatar WC to the winter to distract from the absolutely fucking terrible state of grassroots football across the country and the appalling state of the national side which is full of old duffers who need to be pensioned off but they can't get rid of because of sponsor pressure.

LTWheels

Does this sound like a good phone upgrade? I know nothing about mobile phone contracts.

Been offered 1000mins, 1000 text, 2GB data, 4G enabled for £36 a month, and a one of fee of £29 for the iphone 5.

Anyone else on a comparable contract?

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Asked about last night's "dull" United-Chelsea game, Hodgson: "I don't agree ... by far the best of the games I've seen"

I bet he enjoys watching paint dry.

justjohn

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rpool-loan-bid-for-Tottenham-target-Juan-Mata

This is just ridiculous now. It would at least be somewhat understandable to link Mata to Man United or Madrid or Barca. But why the fuck would he agree to go to Liverpool/Spurs/Atletico/whatever random club. The

Can't wait for him to start against Bayern and destroy them. Less than a week until this nonsense is over.
Chelsea of course could just give him a new contract and kill everything in one stroke. He deserves it anyway.

Mohamed Moallim &#8207;@jouracule 4m
Rob Jansen (agent) on Van Ginkel being loaned out: We hope not, because that goes against all agreements, but you never know. [nusport] #cfc

Can we have him plz

Rob Harris @RobHarris
Asked about last night's "dull" United-Chelsea game, Hodgson: "I don't agree ... by far the best of the games I've seen"

Castle.gif

My-face-every-time-i-click-on-a-wtf-post-gif.gif

Meier

Does this sound like a good phone upgrade? I know nothing about mobile phone contracts.

Been offered 1000mins, 1000 text, 2GB data, 4G enabled for £36 a month, and a one of fee of £29 for the iphone 5.

Shitload better and cheaper than what you'd get in the US (phone would be a minimum of $200 when signing a new 2-year contract -- usually around $90-$100 a month for minutes (maybe 500 at most)/data/text), but that seems to always be the case.

Zabojnik

Free yourself of the smartphone shackles. We have to go back.

nokia-2630-combo.jpg

justjohn

Mohamed Moallim &#8207;@jouracule 4m
Rob Jansen (agent) on Van Ginkel being loaned out: We hope not, because that goes against all agreements, but you never know. [nusport] #cfc

Can we have him plz
I get the feeling we have too many good players at chelsea and especially in a world cup year this is going to somehow blow up in our faces unless mourinho somehow keeps them all in check.

So is that 2GB of 4G data or...?

Either way, yeah that's a pretty decent contract. Personally I wouldn't get an iPhone 5 with the new one just around the corner...but that's just me.

LTWheels

Shitload better and cheaper than what you'd get in the US (phone would be a minimum of $200 when signing a new 2-year contract -- usually around $90-$100 a month for minutes (maybe 500 at most)/data/text), but that seems to always be the case.

I get some weird discount thing through the NHS when I worked there two years ago. It seems to still apply despite me no longer working there any more.

The 5S will be announced in just over a week. Hold off until then as it will get cheaper the next day as Apple apply discounts to clear retail space for the 5S.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Giroud is really quite a sensational lover.

He has to compensate for his lack of footballing ability somewhere.

:lol Arkon

Wilbur

Banned
Also can people stop calling it the EPL when 1/10th is Welsh

I never call La Liga the Spanish Primera Liga, or the Bundesliga the German Shitty Shield League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom