• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Been invited to a neighbour's BBQ. Normally I wanted to wait till after the game, but now I think I'll go right away and check back on the game.

pulga

Banned
West Ham are keeping up our strange tradition of loaning South American players that the manager seemingly doesn't want and isn't going to use. Something dodgy about that.

We've had Ilan (Brazilian), Pablo Barrera (Mexican), Walter Lopez (Uruguayan), Wellington Paulista (Brazilian) and, now, Roger Rojas (Honduran). A different ineffective South American for every season since the Daves bought the club, excepting our one season down in the Championship.

Honduran does not equal South American. I thought Americans were supposed to be the ones obliviously ignorant as to the world outside their borders?

Ive a funny story with Rojas. Involves an airplane cabin, a stripper and $10. But all you need to know now is he's shit and you're geting duped lol. Hopefully he'll learn a thing or two at your team, for the good of the NT.

Ljajic is going to be a Roma player tomorrow.

One of our four targets for the summer (Honda, Ljajic, Sakho, Astori) is gone. Let's see if we can fuck up the other three as well, Galliani.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

One of our four targets for the summer (Honda, Ljajic, Sakho, Astori) is gone. Let's see if we can fuck up the other three as well, Galliani.

You really really shouldn't go for Astori. Hell, I'd stick with Zapata..

Honda is basically a Milan player, it's just a matter of a time, so relax.
3AQmK.gif

Feorax

Fuck knows what's going to happen with Sakho. He could go anywhere at this point.

You really really shouldn't go for Astori. Hell, I'd stick with Zapata..

Honda is basically a Milan player, it's just a matter of a time, so relax.
3AQmK.gif
You wouldn't stick with Zapata, believe me. He started playing some football in March. Then he got back playing something that definitely isn't football.

And I want Honda now ffs!

Fuck knows what's going to happen with Sakho. He could go anywhere at this point.
I hope he's coming to Milan, we really need an experienced CB, Zapata is dreadful.

Lightning

Banned
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 3m

#AFC XI v Fenerbahce: Szczesny - Jenkinson Sagna Mertesacker Monreal - Ramsey Wilshere - Walcott Cazorla Podolski - Giroud.
Damn it Wenger.

Should have given Ramsey and Giroud a rest for this weekend.

Yen

I haven't watched much of her series', but the criticism/mud-slinging put towards Anita Sarkeesian seems ridiculous and pathetic. I remember the original thread about her series had many gaffers genuinely angry and bitter before the episodes were even released. Though, this being the internet, I'm not surprised., sadly.

Edit: Would've liked to see Borini start.

Happy birthday TC

Feorax

Damn it Wenger.

Should have given Ramsey and Giroud a rest for this weekend.

Herein lies the problem with you having such a threadbare squad. It's quite concerning how many players Arsenal probably need to bring in before deadline day, even if just to give some depth.

Mastadon

Banned
Would have preferred Borini up front instead of Django, but good team otherwise. Ibe and Sterling in the same team? Yes pls.

Edit: Really looking forward to seeing Alberto too

LTWheels

I'm surprised Gerrard is playing. Expected Henderson and Allen as the midfield. I also expect Kelly and Borini to start, and only one of Ibe and Sterling.

Salvadora

We still need to make sure we put this away. We can't go out and field a weak team and let something crazy happen like have them come back on us.
Rosicky getting a rest at the very least. He did them in before, so he can do it again.

Maybe just give the likes of Giroud, Cazorla & Ramsey around 60 minutes.

Lightning

Banned
Rosicky getting a rest at the very least. He did them in before, so he can do it again.

Maybe just give the likes of Giroud, Cazorla & Ramsey around 60 minutes.
Need to remember Spurs will be Giroud's and Ramsey's 4th game in 2 weeks. Fatigue is going to become a problem if that keeps up leading to tired performances or even worse an injury.

Fuck that Arteta injury...

Feorax

I wonder if we're planning to wrap Borini in cotton wool for the first part of the season, and then try and unleash him around February to give us a bit of a boost in the run-in.

Arnie

Got a birthday Chinese incoming, king prawn sweet and sour.

Ready in time for the Lolerpool game.
Happy birthday, that's a great night on paper.

I'm going pepperoni tortellini, smoky bacon Lloyd Grosman sauce, garlic bread ciabatta, and four cobras, all whilst watching Ibe's Odyssey.

BSsUzPHCMAE-Mv6.jpg

Strong team.
Fuming that Sturridge and Toure are starting.

The former needs rest after being rushed back, and if Borini can't compete against Notts County then we really should get fucking rid. Secondly Toure's 32; Gerrard gets burnt out after a midweek game, and there's no reason to think Toure won't, either. Skrtel was the North West player of the year some 18 months ago, it's fucking diabolical that he isn't starting this. If I was him i'd be going spare.

Gerrard needs to play, though. I'd rather rest Lucas, and we need some bite and drive in midfield.

I wonder if we're planning to wrap Borini in cotton wool for the first part of the season, and then try and unleash him around February to give us a bit of a boost in the run-in.
I don't have the vocabulary to articulate how earth-shatteringly depressing it is to have Fabio Borini as your mid-season shot in the arm.

It's like snorting asbestos in preparation for a date with Monica Bellucci.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom