• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Our bench doesn't suck, it's a bench. If you think you can replace almost the entire team with bench players and people that haven't played for us yet against Freiburg then this is what's gonna happen.

If anything the problem is that Pep has no idea how to make proper use of our players, see e.g. Müller. That will take time.

Müller was one of the bright spots and yes our bench sucks. Please explain to me what's the purpose of Pizarro? We don't have a quality striker back up and I'd rather see a young gun sitting on the bench than him. Someone like Aubameyang would've been perfect for us. :( Say what you will about Gomez but currently we are missing him badly. :(

I don't even blame Pep. It's just the way the players act on the field....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Off topic, but I've been working at the school I had to leave two months ago. Other than getting decent salary again, I've gotten two bodyguards. One is a 6 year old North Korean that barely reaches my knees and the other kid is a 7 (or 8) year old kid that weighs 70kg. Anyone talk back to me or look at me the wrong way gets in big trouble. Of course, the little buggers talk trash with me 5 days a week. Slowly going to turn all of the kids into Liverpool fans. Currently telling them no fun allowed for non-Liverpool fans. Poor bastards.
Love your stories with the kids <3
This is the same as us buying, say, Quagliarella. I will never understand why some big clubs go for certain 26-29yo players and expect them to perform as they've NEVER performed before in their careers. Quags was the very definition of inconsistant before he joined Juve. Now he is suddenly to become this world-class striker? The same goes for Zapata. He wasn't a Milan-level player when he was playing with Udinese, he never will be. Podolski? Same thing. And so on.

You know, that's a fucking GREAT point. There are late bloomers like Alessandro Diamanti and Giak the Lad, but not many, especially in Italy.

7ZjNCRZ.jpg

"Schweini, there are national team matches next week."

HPH1e1k.jpg

Clegg

After the disappointment of AssCreed 3 I promised myself that I was finished with the series.

But Black Flag looks so good.

Looks like Higuain "fell down the stairs". Must have told the Mafia to fuck off when they came by asking for payments and favors. I guess he'll change his tune now. They really expect us to believe that someone in his physical shape, tripped, fell off a boat and then landed in the sharp rocks right next to where his boat is docked (it's not a dry dock, c'mon)???

omgkitty

Why would he want to join Arsenal?

Well firstly not sure why he would join Liverpool or Spurs over Arsenal, and secondly I just think it's weird his father is there. Don't think he'd join us. TBH I'd say he's 99% staying at Chelsea. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing it up,

Yen

Well firstly not sure why he would join Liverpool or Spurs over Arsenal, and secondly I just think it's weird his father is there. Don't think he'd join us. TBH I'd say he's 99% staying at Chelsea. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing it up,
Who said anything about that?

bjaelke

Looking forward to seeing Alberto and Ibe tonight. Still think it was wrong of woy to exclude Ibe from the u21 - especially with some of the other players called up. Then again, not my nt, so I shouldn't even care.

LTWheels

Didn't you hear? Mata's dad is a liverpool fan. He's there tonight telling Arsenal that Suarez is not for sale.

1-1 draw to a quality Freiburg squad 2 days after another league game isn't the end of the world.

looooool

You might as well say. A Freiburg side that got bought apart by other clubs and thus had to change almost half of the first team. They couldn't afford proper replacements and got one point three matches so far.

Looking forward to seeing Alberto and Ibe tonight. Still think it was wrong of woy to exclude Ibe from the u21 - especially with some of the other players called up. Then again, not my nt, so I shouldn't even care.

The longer he spends outside the England setup, the better

That's kind of amazing really. I watched an episode that Vice did on the rivalry -- I bet that Indian guy who is also a member of the EDL and is banned from matches for 5 years would be happy to wear orange if he was able to get into the game.

I've seen that video too. Very interesting.

Salvadora

I don't think Mata will go to Arsenal for a myriad of reasons, but if you look at his potential destinations there isn't many options.

I don't think it's outside the realms of the possible that he would 'want' to go there.

Labadal

Looks like Higuain "fell down the stairs". Must have told the Mafia to fuck off when they came by asking for payments and favors. I guess he'll change his tune now. They really expect us to believe that someone in his physical shape, tripped, fell off a boat and then landed in the sharp rocks right next to where his boat is docked (it's not a dry dock, c'mon)???

We don't talk about that here. Don't make me send Silvio to mess you up.

Lightning

Banned
Would much rather Di Maria than Mata or Ozil. Chasing them makes no sense when we have Cazorla.

They think other clubs are as retarded as they are when it comes to selling your best players to your rivals.
Yet the dumb fucks at Chelsea actually expect Rooney from a rival club? Fucking lol

Labadal

I don't think Mata will go to Arsenal for a myriad of reasons, but if you look at his potential destinations there isn't many options.

I don't think it's outside the realms of the possible that he would 'want' to go there.

Arse or A. Madrid.

I need to buy this season's home shirt. it's mofin' disgraces I haven't done so.

deroli

No unfortunately it's the confirmation that our bench sucks :( we've got no depth at all. Pizza and DvB arent gonna cut it. Dante sucking big time doesnt help either.
And Dortmund fucked Götze's career, he's a shell of his former self. It's like he doesnt know how to play football anymore, it will take a long time for him to get back to his normal level. :(

Görlitz
Rau
Schlaudraff
Baumjohann
Jansen
Götze.

Yet another promising career of a young German prospect destroyed by Bayern. In two or three years, he will be transfered to Hamburg, Wolfsburg or a similar shitty club, where he will be welcomed as the messiah because he won some trophies as a substitute with Bayern. Maybe five years from now, he will be forgotten.

omgkitty

Would much rather Di Maria than Mata or Ozil. Chasing them makes no sense when we have Cazorla.

Not if we're playing Cazorla out wide. He floats around wherever he wants anyways, so if we had someone who could move around and play off of him, I think it would be okay to sign another central player and having someone like Mata or Ozil certainly wouldn't be bad. Plus Mata played wide left for Valencia when he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom