• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this sound like a good phone upgrade? I know nothing about mobile phone contracts.

Been offered 1000mins, 1000 text, 2GB data, 4G enabled for £36 a month, and a one of fee of £29 for the iphone 5.

Anyone else on a comparable contract?

I bet he enjoys watching paint dry.

Do you need that many minutes and texts?

I'm on 300 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £26pm and the Xperia Z for free

Labadal

Off topic, but I've been working at the school I had to leave two months ago. Other than getting decent salary again, I've gotten two bodyguards. One is a 6 year old North Korean that barely reaches my knees and the other kid is a 7 (or 8) year old kid that weighs 70kg. Anyone talk back to me or look at me the wrong way gets in big trouble. Of course, the little buggers talk trash with me 5 days a week. Slowly going to turn all of the kids into Liverpool fans. Currently telling them no fun allowed for non-Liverpool fans. Poor bastards.

fuenf

selling Gomez without getting Lewa as a replacement will come back to haunt us in a big way :( our strike force is pathetic.

Schweinsteiger injured again. :(

Freiburg fans booing an injured Schweinsteiger leaving the field. Classy.

Karma came back to fuck him up the ass.

zF83nZ3.jpg

Zabojnik

Ljajic is going to be a Roma player tomorrow.

One of our four targets for the summer (Honda, Ljajic, Sakho, Astori) is gone. Let's see if we can fuck up the other three as well, Galliani.

I, for one, feel offended that you didn't include Matri. He's waiting for Allegri's call.

You wouldn't stick with Zapata, believe me. He started playing some football in March. Then he got back playing something that definitely isn't football.

This is the same as us buying, say, Quagliarella. I will never understand why some big clubs go for certain 26-29yo players and expect them to perform as they've NEVER performed before in their careers. Quags was the very definition of inconsistant before he joined Juve. Now he is suddenly to become this world-class striker? The same goes for Zapata. He wasn't a Milan-level player when he was playing with Udinese, he never will be. Podolski? Same thing. And so on.

LTWheels

Fuming that Sturridge and Toure are starting.

The former needs rest after being rushed back, and if Borini can't compete against Notts County then we really should get fucking rid. Secondly Toure's 32; Gerrard gets burnt out after a midweek game, and there's no reason to think Toure won't, either. Skrtel was the North West player of the year some 18 months ago, it's fucking diabolical that he isn't starting this. If I was him i'd be going spare.

Gerrard needs to play, though. I'd rather rest Lucas, and we need some bite and drive in midfield.

I don't have the vocabulary to articulate how earth-shatteringly depressing it is to have Fabio Borini as your mid-season shot in the arm.

It's like snorting asbestos in preparation for a date with Monica Bellucci.

Both Skrtl and Kelly are both supposedly injured. So would rather have Toure alongside Wisdom than Agger.

I was expecting both Aspas and Borini to start.

Meier

Marry says Juventus are not interested in Kolarov now. Of course, you can rarely take any Italian at his word in the transfer market.

fuenf

It'amazing how we've gone from best sqaud ever to one good CB (Boateng) left, no defensive midfielders, a couple of attacking midfielders who cant beat anyone 1on1 and only play back passes, and one semi-capable striker.

Bayern = Ribery + Robben :(

Salvadora

Need to remember Spurs will be Giroud's and Ramsey's 4th game in 2 weeks. Fatigue is going to become a problem if that keeps up leading to tired performances or even worse an injury.

Fuck that Arteta injury...
I was going to say an Arteta injury was basically the worst case scenario, but then I thought what if Giroud/Koscielny/Mertesacker got injured? More injuries is basically the worst thing that could happen tonight because I really don't think we could lose a three goal cushion.

I'm fuming that it's early in the season and we are reliant on so few players for so few games.

Arnie

Both Skrtl and Kelly are both supposedly injured. So would rather have Toure alongside Wisdom than Agger.

I was expecting both Aspas and Borini to start.

Wait, Kelly's injured? Or is it the same long term injury he's returning from? I hope he hasn't had another setback.

Wilbur

Banned
The Bayern tears

Congratulating the other team

Fuck off Pep

I can't breathe

Our strike force is shit

I just can't breathe

I'm choking

Valhalla

Gods

Kolo

Hold me

BLABLURN

IM DEADER THAN PEP'S CAREER

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
were barca games under pep also that boring?

during the 2008 to 2011 we did the best football I've ever seen.

2012 onwards we were sometimes boring, but we still produced quality performances from time to time. But I guess Messi's brilliance did make up for some of the boring matches.

Zabojnik

You know, a draw in Freiburg isn't the worst thing that could've happened. We should've been there with our first squad (because no one cares about the match against Chelsea), but it's not the end of the world.

Schweinsteiger's injury is the only really bad thing.

It's over ElTopo. Just let it go. IT'S OVER.

Time for Bayern to panic buy. Bale, Lamela, Suarez. Go.

fuenf

You know, a draw in Freiburg isn't the worst thing that could've happened. We should've been there with our first squad (because no one cares about the match against Chelsea), but it's not the end of the world.

Schweinsteiger's injury is the only really bad thing.

No unfortunately it's the confirmation that our bench sucks :( we've got no depth at all. Pizza and DvB arent gonna cut it. Dante sucking big time doesnt help either.
And Dortmund fucked Götze's career, he's a shell of his former self. It's like he doesnt know how to play football anymore, it will take a long time for him to get back to his normal level. :(

Mastadon

Banned
Wait, Kelly's injured? Or is it the same long term injury he's returning from? I hope he hasn't had another setback.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says Martin Kelly is still "some way off" a first-team comeback.

The defender, who made his England debut against Norway in May last year, was out of action for 10 months with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament injury. He skippered the Reds under-21s team to a 4-2 victory over Manchester United last week as he continued his recovery but Rodgers believes Tuesday’s Capital One Cup encounter with Notts County is too soon for a return to action.

Rodgers confirmed: “Martin won't be involved - he's still quite some way off match fitness really.

"Credit to him, he's working ever so hard and that will be frustrating for him. He felt himself after those early weeks coming back into games that he was a long way off where he was the year before.”

Speaking to Liverpool’s official website, Rodgers added: “If you have been out for a year it sometimes takes you near enough that to be back to your best.

"The most important thing for us is to nurture him back through his fitness and his match fitness. We have a behind-closed-doors game here on Wednesday that he will play in to help his fitness."

The 23-year-old was part of Roy Hodgson’s Euro 2012 squad before his injury last year, and earlier this summer Kelly spoke of his determination to return to the Three Lions fold.

Kelly said: "The World Cup is certainly an incentive. With Roy being the England manager, I'm sure he will be looking.

"But for me, at the start of the season, I just need to concentrate on doing well for Liverpool.

"My first target is to get my fitness up, crack on and get back to where I was at the start of last season.

"In football, things can change quickly. If I take my chance again and do well, then I'm sure the England manager will be watching."

Meier

Look at these cunts lol.

That's kind of amazing really. I watched an episode that Vice did on the rivalry -- I bet that Indian guy who is also a member of the EDL and is banned from matches for 5 years would be happy to wear orange if he was able to get into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom