• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

First match I can't watch this season. So sad. Well time to go ghost during the match. Can't put up with the anti-Arsenal shit in this thread during matches.

Meier

Couple transfer tidbits from a variety of Express stories (take it or leave it of course):

• Apparently Florian Thauvin didn't show up to training for Lille. City were linked during the summer but their general manager said he wasn't for sale. Apparently Arsenal and Newcastle are still interested. This kid looked really good during the U-21s this summer.
  • City are interested in a young kid from Brazil named Abner. 17-year old LB from Coritiba who is apparently the "next Roberto Carlos."
  • United scouts were apparently present at Porto's game this weekend to watch Mangala. Supposedly he would be available for as low as £12m which sounds completely unrealistic to me. I'd expect Porto would want £25-30m.
  • Once Ljajic to Roma is finalized, Lamela to Spurs will go through (this makes sense).
  • Eto'o has said goodbye to his teammates at Anzhi. Supposedly Chelsea is only offering £4m a year (Inter £3m) though.. I know he's on like £20m now so one or many parts of this story are probably BS.

Meier

Dinamo Zagreb are fucked -- gave up an OG just about immediately. Steaua already up early and now leading on aggregate. You'd think their nutter of an owner won't sell that young defender Spurs want if they remain in the UCL.

Another goal for Steaua. 3-1 on aggregate with the away goals advantage. This game is done.

Hixx

We are getting fucking battered
KuGsj.gif

Paolo MELTDOWN incoming

Liverpool's team is quite strong.

Suppose that's a positive for us ahead of the weekend, maybe a little bit of tired legs although this should be an easy win and confidence booster so maybe not.

Splatt

Dinamo Zagreb are fucked -- gave up an OG just about immediately. Steaua already up early and now leading on aggregate. You'd think their nutter of an owner won't sell that young defender Spurs want if they remain in the UCL.

Another goal for Steaua. 3-1 on aggregate with the away goals advantage. This game is done.

Their nutter owner uses the club only for profit. Sell shit players to dumb clubs for ludicrous amounts of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom