• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Liverpool's team is quite strong.

Suppose that's a positive for us ahead of the weekend, maybe a little bit of tired legs although this should be an easy win and confidence booster so maybe not.
Think it's too early in the season to be counting on tired legs.

bjaelke

ieTuV6GDEBAeF.gif

Showaddy

Dinamo Zagreb are fucked -- gave up an OG just about immediately. Steaua already up early and now leading on aggregate. You'd think their nutter of an owner won't sell that young defender Spurs want if they remain in the UCL.

Another goal for Steaua. 3-1 on aggregate with the away goals advantage. This game is done.

He's been left out the team apparently as they don't want him to get injured. Presumably that means qualifying won't make and difference to the transfer.

I, for one, feel offended that you didn't include Matri. He's waiting for Allegri's call.
I genuinely forgot him. Allegri will give him a call on Thursday if we get to the group stage.

This is the same as us buying, say, Quagliarella. I will never understand why some big clubs go for certain 26-29yo players and expect them to perform as they've NEVER performed before in their careers. Quags was the very definition of inconsistant before he joined Juve. Now he is suddenly to become this world-class striker? The same goes for Zapata. He wasn't a Milan-level player when he was playing with Udinese, he never will be. Podolski? Same thing. And so on.
I guess it has to do with the atmosphere in a big team, when you play for Milan, Juventus, etc, you HAVE to play at a certain level, especially if you already had a season or two in a little club where you scored 15+ goals each season. So your average Quagliarella/Gilardino/Osvaldo has to live up to even more expectations. Why the clubs go for them anyway? Because maybe they're as good as they thought. Otherwise, they could always say "he was good back there, dunno what happened lol" (Ricardo Olivera docet).

I had great hopes for Zapata, I always thought he was kinda good when he was at Udinese, but after seeing him last year, I have to say that it explains why Villareal got relegated two years ago with him as a starter.

Little prick. He'll forever be stuck in average clubs.
I say he'll remain one year at Roma then he'll leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom