• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
but think about ur shinji

Read an article the other day saying Bainesy is a signing to free up Shinji; he's got the energy to play left back and left winger and Pienaar thrived off it and cut in, whereas Patty doesn't have that or some shit. Can't remember exactly. Was quite interesting

I just want Kagawa to do well. I have unconditional love for him. It's almost as strong as Arnie's Kolo boner
I came across similar theory. Theory was Baines was so good at LB and especially at providing additional width in attack that he allows his winger to cut in and combines well with him. Evra doesn't do that so much, he is good getting forwards but he cuts inside his winger alot. Some shit like that. Sounded good anyway.

And yes it would be more competition for Shinji and like I say we don't need him, but it's still Özil. We do need world class players. He might not be the right one, but he's alright isn't it.

I dunno man.

We'll win the league whatever happens.

K1LLER7

If we got Fellaini and Özil I would forgive Woodward.

I don't think we want Özil though, it's just a luxury, doesn't make much sense to me.

Still, Özil is world class, that would be exciting.

Still don't think we want him, but Wooders and Moysey may want a marquee signing.

Not sure how he'd be played though. On the right, he won't be as effective, unless he's played tucked in from the wing. Even on the wing, he'd be more effective than Valencia at the moment :(

We could give the 3 attackers free roles to roam and switch positions.
Imagine a front 4 of: Ozil - Rooney - kagawa > RVP.

Would be great to watch.

Still think Arsenal will get him if he leaves.

Shit son just realised if we got Masoud and Marwan we'd be tripling our Islamic quota.

Adnan is on his lonesome right now.

Pls.

Woodward think of all the customised hijabs and topi's you could sell.

Wilbur

Banned
Alt formation: a back 3 of Phones, J.EvGod, and Smalling.

Buttner as auxiliary forward. Just fucking because.

I do think its a tad desperate, Ozil really doesn't strike me as a Moyes player. We seem to - early days I know - press more than we did for the most part under Frogson, so bringing in Lazy Bones McCöy is a bit of an odd move. Welbeck and Valencia are like the perfect Dino Dave wingers lol. Ozil doesn't even really make sense taking Shinji's position, let alone Rooney's.

Silly transfer if it happens. I love him, I do. A front four of Waz-RVP-Kag-Ozil on paper is fucking stunning. In practise, I... I don't know.

its not a best xi w/o RVP.

who

K1LLER7

Shit son just realised if we got Masoud and Marwan we'd be tripling our Islamic quota.

Adnan is on his lonesome right now.

Pls.

Woodward think of all the customised hijabs and topi's you could sell.

:lololol

You need to e-mail this to Woodward!!

I know about the wizard of Oz, but is Marwan muslim?

Anybody else always see the 4 Asian guys with the turbans at OT. They sit pretty close the managers area iirc. They're always on TV.

TeegsD

I'm getting increasingly anxious for the derby game this Saturday (Sporting - Benfica)

I think we can win again guys, am I dreaming?

subtles

Moyes should leave Ozil alone. Seriously. I don't want to see another Kagawa situation.

Ozil's ability to drift between the lines and find space is amazing. The way he is always on the move away from his marker without being picked up by others (he's being "marked" so others let him be) while still being in an area surrounded by players to actually create opportunities is something only achieved at the highest level. He is always looking to maintain fluidity by moving into the channels created by the likes Ronaldo who love cutting in. United don't play this way and if they can't compensate for Kagawa in the team I find it difficult to believe they will be able to utilize Ozil.

FootballFan

:lololol

You need to e-mail this to Woodward!!

I know about the wizard of Oz, but is Marwan muslim?

Anybody else always see the 4 Asian guys with the turbans at OT. They sit pretty close the managers area iirc. They're always on TV.

Hah I notice them at nearly every game at ot.

I'm getting increasingly anxious for the derby game this Saturday (Sporting - Benfica)

I think we can win again guys, am I dreaming?

We can but it won´t be easy. On a different note, O Jogo (probably the most reliable sports paper in Portugal) says that Bruma has moved away from his lawyer and will report for training tomorrow0

DominoKid

Moyes should leave Ozil alone. Seriously. I don't want to see another Kagawa situation.

Ozil's ability to drift between the lines and find space is amazing. The way he is always on the move away from his marker without being picked up by others (he's being "marked" so others let him be) while still being in an area surrounded by players to actually create opportunities is something only achieved at the highest level. He is always looking to maintain fluidity by moving into the channels created by the likes Ronaldo who love cutting in. United don't play this way and if they can't compensate for Kagawa in the team I find it difficult to believe they will be able to utilize Ozil.

if we spend 40m on Ozil it wouldnt be another Kagawa situation. you dont make a purchase that big to dick around with.

I came across similar theory. Theory was Baines was so good at LB and especially at providing additional width in attack that he allows his winger to cut in and combines well with him. Evra doesn't do that so much, he is good getting forwards but he cuts inside his winger alot. Some shit like that. Sounded good anyway.

And yes it would be more competition for Shinji and like I say we don't need him, but it's still Özil. We do need world class players. He might not be the right one, but he's alright isn't it.

I dunno man.

We'll win the league whatever happens.

Aye. And Fellaini coming and Rooney staying means we can, and fucking should, just throw money at midfield.

I mean, we should have been doing that in the first place. But christ. Let loose.

rafael - rio - vidic - evra
ozil - carrick - fellaini - kagawa
rooney - welbeck

best xi

Too many rumors...I will believe it when I see it

Fry

Here's a late night gift:

i92hPFrlM0sZ1.gif

iOmA0W5NTUQoP.gif

iwSc3cXzfTL97.gif

iS9Ai0JbFgA1r.gif

Sturridge goal reminds me of the one against Newcastle last season. No nonsense, just a competent touch and absolutely twat it in the general direction of the far side of the goal. Wish Suarez had tried doing that in 11/12 :p

lol i'm tired okay!

Liverpool could do with him though :p

'No room at the inn'

I'm gonna make a list to update whenever Coutinho strongly contributes to a goal

- Aston Villa A - Dummy for Sturridge to run onto ball and score (K)
- Notts County H (COC) - Simple pass down the line for Sturridge to run with and score (E)

G - Goal
A - Assist
E - Easy assist
K - Key pass/involvement

Messi

Me and DeGod are in the airport going to Barcelona. Going dark now. If I don't make it. I liked you guys. Except yurt. He is a punk

Facism

and remember, when it comes to barcelona, hate flows like semen at a bukkake. Best to keep your eyes and mouth closed incase some of it gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom