• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

How about a light(er) beard, Messi? Sorta like this one, but thicker.

Shave-your-style-HongKong-DirtyShave-Dianigor2_34340a3ac7.jpg

Or even better ...

obiwan-1.jpg

Zabojnik

Less than 14 hours to Milan - PSV. This day shall forever be remembered as the day of the "Miracle at San Siro".

Balotelli will manage 90+ minutes without his antics.

Meier

If either Milan or Lyon don't go through, City will move back to Pot 2. I think Sociedad can hold on. Hope so at least.

fuenf

WTF Van Buyten of all people is complaining about not getting enough playing time?

Als Daniel van Buyten nach dem Spiel an den Journalisten vorbeiging, blaffte er: „Frag doch die Stammspieler!“ Bei Bayern rumort es!

Or is it simply an admission that either him or the other replacement players arent good enough?

dc'ing but new GTA V trailer tomorrow?! The first trailer was enough to sell me on the game.

I wonder what else do they have to show? Unless they just play the game like RDR.

I'll admit though, my hype levels were going down from 100 to 98, so good on the Rockstar marketing team.

Blablurn

Hey, woke up and I had a bad dream that night.... Louis van Gaal was our coach and we played 1-1 against Freiburg.

damn : / I'm afraid of things to come. we play so much different compared to last year :\

WTF Van Buyten of all people is complaining about not getting enough playing time?

Or is it simply an admission that either him or the other replacement players arent good enough?

and so it begins

Jack cw

I think there is some truth in both statements. I don't have the feeling that they run for each other like last season. And that shitty defense is a result of it. There is no Martinez who destroys the opponents attacks or helps as a 3rd CB... The defensive work of contento, Ribery and Dante was passive and without any aggression. This is something that stood out for the last 5 or 6 games. I don't like the idea of having only one defensive midfielder that isn't really strong at it.

I am sure that mou will out coach us by simple counter attacking and we might lose this cup with 1-4 or something. Depending on the results we might see the return of two defensive midfielders.

Blablurn

I think there is some truth in both statements. I don't have the feeling that they run for each other like last season. And that shitty defense is a result of it. There is no Martinez who destroys the opponents attacks or helps as a 3rd CB... The defensive work of contento, Ribery and Dante was passive and without any aggression. This is something that stood out for the last 5 or 6 games. I don't like the idea of having only one defensive midfielder that isn't really strong at it.

I am sure that mou will out coach us by simple counter attacking and we might lose this cup with 1-4 or something. Depending on the results we might see the return of two defensive midfielders.

the next weeks will be very important. gonna be interesting to see if pep is going back to last years system or keep his current one.

Jack cw

the next weeks will be very important. gonna be interesting to see if pep is going back to last years system or keep his current one.
The most dangerous thing that could happen is a winning streak with shit defending... As of right now any counter attacking team could beat us pretty easily... Guardiola has some work to do...

Blablurn

The most dangerous thing that could happen is a winning streak with shit defending... As of right now any counter attacking team could beat us pretty easily... Guardiola has some work to do...

And Schweinsteiger & Martinez being injured doesnt make it easier : ( fuck. and fuck dortmund for ruining götzes health.

Jack cw

And Schweinsteiger & Martinez being injured doesnt make it easier : ( fuck. and fuck dortmund for ruining götzes health.
Yeah we are going to play without a defensive midfielder because we don't have anyone left... I will start laughing if we play with kroos on the 6 ... Selling Gustavo was such a dick move and Dortmund have always been cunts the most butthurt people in the business...

Just seen Ravel's goal. Exact type of goal he used to score for the reserves. Always able to find a way to create small space and then get the shot off. West Ham forum going nuts over Ravel.

bjaelke

Such a depressing match last night.

All our senior CBs aside from Agger(!) are out with injuries or still recovering. Oh the irony.

Our second half was - yet again - a complete mess, where we were lulled to sleep by our own tiki taka inspired side way passing.

Henderson's lap of honour following his nutmeg finish was out of line.

justjohn

Such a depressing match last night.

All our senior CBs aside from Agger(!) are out with injuries or still recovering. Oh the irony.

Our second half was - yet again - a complete mess, where we were lulled to sleep by our own tiki taka inspired side way passing.

Henderson's lap of honour following his nutmeg finish was out of line.

Haha wait what?

Zabojnik

So what you Juvefans think about Shakhtar tries to get Fabio Quagliarella? Good riddance or wot nowai?

Honestly? We could use the money and while I thank Quags for all the goals, some very important, it makes no sense having a player of his age, wages and skill as a fourth / fifth striker. Same goes for Matri, while Giovinco is a special case (we'll likely try to offload him next season, if he doesn't live up to arkon's expectations). So while I wouldn't be exactly celebrating, I'd be okay with it.

The problem is Quagliarella himself. I really, really don't see him accepting a move to Ukraine. Like most italian players, he's a "mammone" of sorts when it comes to moving out of the country. He likes to stick
it in
to what he's used to, which is ...

I really don't see him saying yes to life in Donetsk. Which is a fine city, I'm sure. Maybe if they were to make him an offer he couldn't possibly refuse. Or buy another italian player for him to be buddies with. We'll be more than happy to include Marco Motta in the deal.

Facism

Damn really I gotta get at least 6 hours or I end up feeling super shitty and that leads to a bad day/possible migraines so I don't need that shit.

I've been like this for 3 months or so and my body and mind have adjusted to feeling exhausted all the time.

Getting a bit Taxi Driver.

Bollocks

is that Vienna?
yep Austria Wien

Congrats.

What teams would you like to draw in the group stage?
I'm gonna go with Madrid, since our goalkeeper burst out in tears when asked and said that Casillas is his childhood idol and to swap jerseys would be amazing even if he(Casillas) doesn't play.
So be it.
But really the general consensus is that they want the big names. It's more about giving the players and fans a football fest, competing with the best teams of Europe.
They were the only unseeded team yesterday to make the group stage and being a first timer from here on out everything else is just an extra.

And since it's still pretty damn amazing, another feel photo:

Fady K

ef8.gif

WTH are they doing?! Layton games are incredible, it doesn't deserve this.

Very disappointed. You should have seen the rest of their lineup. Not a single thing to be excited about, including their "mega RPG" coming out for almost every system possible.

Everything was microtransactions.

They killed Layton. I'll never forgive them :'(

Yeah they went downhill big time.

I wanted Fady to tweet about the game. Damnit.

I tweeted quite a bit about the game right after it ended ;D I usually can't take my eyes off the screen during a game, even one as dull as that one.

LUKAKU.....

ibcxteChaQSiJN.gif

This was such a fitting gif. Lukaku needs to start against Everton. Come on Mou.

Good to see Mikel come on. Lampard and Ramires is a disaster together in the middle. Should have started with him, Essien or Van Ginkel from the start though.

I would not call it a disaster but it is far from an exciting match-up isn't it? Van Ginkel especially needs to feature more often.

That was terrible. Bayern are going to have their way with us.

I fear what Bayern will do to us unless we play an incredibly defensive game.

Mou can't handle taking over from Rafa.

That's as bad as I've seen Chelsea in years.

You must have missed many of Chelsea's games last season Arnie.

Chelsea's games to QPR, home and away last season, were far worse.

Chelsea's home games to Man City & Fulham where they managed a total of one-two shots on target in BOTH matches were even worse...

Chelsea were even more diabolical against West Ham away. Chelsea were defensively and offensively lost against City at the Etihad as well. Their loss to Southampton away was one of their worst performances in years. Their capital one cup games against Swansea were not only extremely dull, they were downright embarrassing the way they gifted two goals and got a player sent off.

Their supercup loss to Atletico Madrid was downright embarassing. Their Club World Cup final in Japan was unbelievably shallow.

Worst in years? I just named you eleven matches that were even worse from last season alone. At least in this match they defended like a team and managed to get a few shots on target, even if they were dreadful. It was also at one of the hardest grounds to play in, if not the hardest in England.

Hyperbole much bro :p?

Well this explains a lot

A7biB9C.jpg

Did they actually shake hands like that?

I understand mou's thinking here. This was moyes' s first game at old trafford and there's no way he was going to give him a victory. Imagine the boost to united if they had won; Top of the table, beating chelsea and mourinho. Couldn't let that happen.

Good point.

Thing Fady retweeted is probably not true but at least makes a modicum of sense.

It doesn't make any sense. Everybody knows Rooney would start if he went to Chelsea. He doesn't have to sabotage his lineup to express that feeling.

I was just wondering about the possibility. I mean, I wonder why he didn't use Lukaku at least.

And it's funny to see the reactions to this Chelsea setup and performance. Benitez lines up without a recognised striker and tells a team to play like that and he'd have a swathe of blue telling him to leave the club, Fady included.

I feel insulted. I defended Rafa time and time again and thanked him for everything he's done for the club. He not only helped us win the Europa League big time as well as earn a CL spot, but he also gave us the best Chelsea-United matches I have ever seen. Just because I was not happy with his substitutions at times (something many liverpool fans claim was a weakness of his even during his Anfield days) doesn't mean I don't like him.

I stood up for him many times. I feel bad when I get such a statement thrown at me when I am trying to be as fair as possible as a football fan :[

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Shit son just realised if we got Masoud and Marwan we'd be tripling our Islamic quota.
You're gonna drop so many points in Ramadan though innit
200M€, loooool. Amazing.

There's a nice Tevez interview in today's La Stampa (of all places). Yurt, pls.
La Stampa: C.Ronaldo, Messi, Giggs, Aguero... Who (of your NT/former teammate) impresses you the most?

Tevez: Paul [motherfucking] Scholes.

tumblr_maeksrNqha1r5ugrbo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom