• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I feel bad when I get such a statement thrown at me when I am trying to be as fair as possible as a football fan :[

I've seen the pre-edited post, Fady! OMG!! The dark side is breaking through. RUN, RUN FOR YER LIVEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Arnie, apologize right this second.

Fady K

I've seen the pre-edited post, Fady! OMG!! The dark side is breaking through. RUN, RUN FOR YER LIVEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Arnie, apologize right this second.

I know. It is against my morals to be like that >_> Still, this is nowhere near the dark side I developed previously during my United hating days.

It was a harsher message along the lines "don't judge someone if you don't know them well enough as evidenced by your claim above. Pisses me off to have such crap thrown at me when I'm trying to be so fair as a football fan."

K6yHSCg.gif

izDvbaDM82TMN.gif

Zabojnik

We're about to ruin a perfectly fine mercato session, aren't we? Biabiany from Parma. Fucking Marry's last minute deals. As if Bendtner and Anelka weren't bad enough.

Suen, DO SOMETHING.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

?

And why the hell did you 'fix' my post?
KuGsj.gif

We're about to ruin a perfectly fine mercato session, aren't we? Biabiany from Parma. Fucking Marry's last minute deals. As if Bendtner and Anelka weren't bad enough.

Suen, DO SOMETHING.
Our link to Biabiany is genuine?! I thought they rubbished it a few days ago!

I told you, don't bank on Marry pulling something good at the end of the mercato. -_-

Facism

I know. It is against my morals to be like that >_> Still, this is nowhere near the dark side I developed previously during my United hating days.

It was a harsher message along the lines "don't judge someone if you don't know them well enough as evidenced by your claim above. Pisses me off to have such crap thrown at me when I'm trying to be so fair as a football fan."

yo fady bro cheers for the tweets.

We played like shyte we deserved to get flushed :)

Fady K

Fady's here. It's like Christmas, everybody tries to be polite and 'good'.

Fady <333

Haha! No worries, I have gotten used to things around here, especially due to Wilbury's contributions over the past few months :p

Edit - oh and the whatsapp chat group. The horror...

Zabojnik

Our link to Biabiany is genuine?! I thought they rubbished it a few days ago!

I told you, don't bank on Marry pulling something good at the end of the mercato. -_-

I've read that as Zuniga's, Kolarov's and other trails go cold, Biabiany's grows hotter and hotter. Hopefully it's bullshit, but I don't find it all that surprising. It's a classic Marry move. He'll sign someone, anyone, just so nobody will accuse him of not providing the left winger Conte asked for.

bjaelke

Honestly? We could use the money and while I thank Quags for all the goals, some very important, it makes no sense having a player of his age, wages and skill as a fourth / fifth striker. Same goes for Matri, while Giovinco is a special case (we'll likely try to offload him next season, if he doesn't live up to arkon's expectations). So while I wouldn't be exactly celebrating, I'd be okay with it.

The problem is Quagliarella himself. I really, really don't see him accepting a move to Ukraine. Like most italian players, he's a "mammone" of sorts when it comes to moving out of the country. He likes to stick
it in
to what he's used to, which is ...

I really don't see him saying yes to life in Donetsk. Which is a fine city, I'm sure. Maybe if they were to make him an offer he couldn't possibly refuse. Or buy another italian player for him to be buddies with. We'll be more than happy to include Marco Motta in the deal.
That picture reminds me of Dalmatia.

FootballFan

FF, this is getting ridiculous. I need a solid date for when I'll be finally able to Messiah + Godmar in action.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Be patient and once it happens you wont be ready for it.

They should both at the latest be starting together by the end of next week.

But of course international break will probably ruin everything.

phaze

I bet you think Ringo Starr is the best Beatle too.

lol no

it's just that those are the world cup qualifiers, and the world cup is the best thing in football.
And I prefer watching to players that might actually care for their national team, rather than a bunch of people only caring for money and themselves :)

dc89

Just demolished a sausage mcmuffin. Got one on the way back from the hospital.

The muffin was great, evenly baked with a great crumb structure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I just enjoy internationals more than regular football, so I'm fine with the break

I love them too. There's nothing better than watching the WC or the Euros, NOTHING.

It's a shame Italy never take friendlies seriously though.

I've read that as Zuniga's, Kolarov's and other trails go cold, Biabiany's grows hotter and hotter. Hopefully it's bullshit, but I don't find it all that surprising. It's a classic Marry move. He'll sign someone, anyone, just so nobody will accuse him of not providing the left winger Conte asked for.

A signing that would actually make us worse.

Linius

I love them too. There's nothing better than watching the WC or the Euros, NOTHING.

It's a shame Italy never take the friendlies seriously though.

Those tourney's create a special atmosphere in our country. The Dutch are well known for our crazy support of the national team. But is it fun to watch those tournaments? Hell naw, so many bad games with one or zero goals, it's terrbile.

Yen

Remember that website which makes every sentence far dirtier :p? Grizzle or something? They need to make one for me, where sentences appear far nicer. Fadification.
Gizoogle fo' shizzle.
Watching Chan-wook Parkizzle's Thirstizzle this morning

Zabojnik

Exactly :D

Am I the only Napoli fan here, BTW?

NAPULEEEE E' MILLE CULUREEEEEEEE!

Goddamn, a Napoli fan. Post more, we Juventini will
try to
behave, I promise. <3

Lambda, o great poet, add Napoli to the list of teams in the OP and LeleSocho, =GabrielKnight= and FootballFan as supporters. Kthxbye.

Jack cw

lol, some stupid bayern fans demand peps head already -_-

The shitstorm especially at transfermarkt.de was incredible :D
4 matches, 10 points and 1st at the Bundesliga... but some people are just insane...

I have the feeling that Bayern is the Miley Cyrus of sports these days :D

FootballFan

NAPULEEEE E' MILLE CULUREEEEEEEE!

Goddamn, a Napoli fan. Post more, we Juventini will
try to
behave, I promise. <3

Lambda, o great poet, add Napoli to the list of teams in the OP and LeleSocho, ==GabrielKnight= and FootballFan as supporters. Kthxbye.

No.

Jack cw

You can use the same squad you used against Freiburg and still finish us off easily. We have not been playing anywhere near amazing since last season.
I am not so sure... this will be a game where bayern has 80% posession, 20 shots on target, 25 corners and we still lose it because of one counter attack ;)

Fady K

Well, same with us. I just hope we'll get a match without injuries.

I've seen your matches though, with the exception of the loss to Dortmund you guys have been styling. Some games were not won with a big margin, true, but you guys were so deadly on the attack the opposing team was fortunate to not have conceded 2-3 more goals, freiburg included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom