• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjon

The time travel stuff was fine actually.

Even the colossal plot hole
The kid only becomes the warlord because Bruce came back in time and killed his mother but Bruce wouldn't have come back if the kid never became a warlord. It's a particularly stupid self-fulfilling paradox

There are other problems with it, but that was the key one for me.

Blablurn

DVOi7xZ.png

"a step forwards"

GorillaJu

The kid only becomes the warlord because Bruce came back in time and killed his mother but Bruce wouldn't have come back if the kid never became a warlord. It's a particularly stupid self-fulfilling paradox

Time travel is in itself impossible, so I just forgive plot holes like that in time travel movies. I dont blame them.

Mastadon

Banned
Inb4haters.(movie seems to have white a few)

I guess its a time travel movie ...but not really like the rest.

Pfft, fuck haters. I watched that film when I was liked 16 and stoned out of my head on weed and mushrooms. Probably the most intense experience I've had with a film haha

Why are you guys quoting him?

-

Classic:
Memento

Good movies:
D9
The Town
Django
Looper's first half
Jesse James (It's VERY boring though)

Bad movies:
Looper's 2nd half.

I don't know about The Road.
Yurt pls, Jesse James is not boring :(
its an amazing character study about celebrity obsession.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Sci-Fi community called it a 'technical clusterfuck'. I'd get into details but I'm not sure you'd be interested. You'd probably find an article online that'll explain it better than I can.

Oh no no no, don't get me wrong, it had plenty of plot holes and I posted it about it here IIRC. But it's nothing NOTHING compared to the
FUCKING SUPER BABY
. That part easily ruined the movie for me.

FootballFan

Pfft, fuck haters. I watched that film when I was liked 16 and stoned out of my head on weed and mushrooms. Probably the most intense experience I've had with a film haha

Im just reading your posts as if you are Brenton lol.

Great movie though I agree.

Edit
And we've found the first hater lol.

Zabojnik

I started reading Milton's Paradise Lost. Jesus wept, it's worse than La Divina Commedia in Dante's italian. What the fuck am I reading?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I watched Donnie Darko WAY BACK and I was so fucking lost after it ended, but still somehow enjoyed the fuck out of it.

yes I was high like Mastadon

Clegg

The Count of Monte Cristo is a great book.

Read it.

Was thinking about re-reading Infinite Jest but I decided against it. I don't want to feel like piece of shit for weeks afterwards again.

Garjon

Oh no no no, don't get me wrong, it had plenty of plot holes and I posted it about it here IIRC. But it's nothing NOTHING compared to the
FUCKING SUPER BABY
. That part easily ruined the movie for me.

I didn't think it was a bad idea, just horribly implemented.

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me
Austin: Wait a tick. Basil, if I travel back to 1969 and I was frozen in 1967, presumeably, I could go back and visit my frozen self. But, if I'm still frozen in 1967, how could I have been unthawed in the '90s and traveled back to...

[goes cross-eyed]

Austin: Oh, no, I've gone cross-eyed.

Basil: I suggest you don't worry about those things and just enjoy yourself.

[to camera]

Basil: That goes for you all, too.

Austin: Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom