• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, Lamela needs to adapt. Not consistently brilliant yet, but if he does put a run of games together where he plays to his potential, he'll be one of the stars of the league.

GQman2121

Banned
It not being a clamshell is super strange. Seems like a huge benefit for younger kids to be able to throw the thing into their bags. Could be a rough holiday for Nintendo.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs gonna look more like a team without Bale, it'll take time but they became far too dependant on him last year. Not in the way United were with van Persie because as Arsenal fans are eager to remind us, van Persie doesn't involve himself as much in the game and instead focuses on goals. Lamela is more than capable of going around the outside of his full back as well as cutting in, so he should set up a fair few Soldado goals.

By Christmas they'll be flying.

Salvadora

From what I've seen of him he reminds me of a young RVP before he got converted into being an out and out Striker. Very similar in their playing styles. Good close control, good vision, shields the ball well, great shooting technique, left footed. Can create something out of nothing whether it be a goal or an assist. Tends to start on either wing and then drift inside at pace.

Whether he'll be a "match winner" per se depends on how his adaptation to the Premier League goes. If he adapts Spurs will have a beast of a player on their hands.

Would have loved him at Arsenal.
Like a young Van Persie, damn. Now that's a phrase you don't want to hear.

It will be a downgrade is the short-term (probably), but in a while...

Meier

It not being a clamshell is super strange. Seems like a huge benefit for younger kids to be able to throw the thing into their bags. Could be a rough holiday for Nintendo.

I saw it mentioned they'd sell a screen cover a la the iPad. It does seem weird, but then I saw this RT from Gary Whitta that also makes some sense:

Jeremy Penner ‏@SpindleyQ 35m
The only thing a six year old does with a hinged screen is accidentally break the hinge.

dc89

The great thing about the DS consoles is the fact you can fold it up. Portability & protecting the screen.

Damn. What an oversight with this.

GHG

According to the Beeb:

Galatasaray are in the race with Arsenal to sign Real Madrid midfielder Angel di Maria, 25. Turkish media report that the two clubs have already reached an agreement on the transfer fee.

Fuck off Galatasaray. You took our Emirates Cup, we gave you Eboue, now you owe us one.

ShogunX

Yeah, Lamela needs to adapt. Not consistently brilliant yet, but if he does put a run of games together where he plays to his potential, he'll be one of the stars of the league.

The worry for Spurs must be are they changing too much too quickly? Not downplaying the players they have signed because they have signed quality but it's not like multiple quality players haven't had problems gelling in the past. It's going to be very interesting to see if AvB can get the balance right in the team and get the most from the talent they have. If he can then Spurs could become a force.

bjaelke

Mike Anstead @mike_anstead

Luis Suarez played for Liverpool today in training ground match against Port Vale refereed by Mark Halsey

Meier

The official trailer for it shows a zipped pouch that I presume is sold seperately.

Ahh I should have clarified that I assumed it would be like the iPad. A pouch is probably more Nintendo's speed. I imagine a 3rd party will come up with some other options.

GHG

According to Cope.es, Arsenal and PSG made a bid for Iker Casillas. :lol

This is not our biggest problem at the moment... We have Giroud as our only worthy starting striker at the moment. Giroud FFS. Get your scouts out Wenger and go find us a capable striker, then we can have a chat about fucking Casillas.

Wilbur

Banned
The worry for Spurs must be are they changing too much too quickly? Not downplaying the players they have signed because they have signed quality but it's not like multiple quality players haven't had problems gelling in the past. It's going to be very interesting to see if AvB can get the balance right in the team and get the most from the talent they have. If he can then Spurs could become a force.

Yeah, its not just their new signings but Kaboul and Sandro back from injury, Rose and Townsend back from loan... it's almost an entire overhaul. But he's managing it alright so far, keeping Sigurdsson and Defoe involved for the first few games, getting Carroll and Kane some game time in Europe and I can only presume he'll do the same tomorrow.

They need to get their midfield balance right for me, Dembele-Capoue-Paulinho looked too similar to function the other day.

I saw it mentioned they'd sell a screen cover a la the iPad. It does seem weird, but then I saw this RT from Gary Whitta that also makes some sense:

What kind of dumb fuck 6 year olds does these people have? The kids in my family, a few under that age, never had trouble not destroying their 3ds handhelds. It's not even like it's easy to destroy. Not that I care, nintendo sucks.

This is not our biggest problem at the moment... We have Giroud as our only worthy starting striker at the moment. Giroud FFS. Get your scouts out Wenger and go find us a capable striker, then we can have a chat about fucking Casillas.

Getting a decent keeper in should be as much of a worry for you. Besides that, you're getting Torres, don't stress about it.

Scum

The great thing about the DS consoles is the fact you can fold it up. Portability & protecting the screen.

Damn. What an oversight with this.
I don't see kids nowadays complaining about no clam-shelled iPads...
Besides, carry case dc. Come on. :p

dc89

DS games run on the DS, 3DS and 2DS; 3DS games run on the 3DS and the 2DS, but not the DS; and there are no 2DS games.

Saw that on Twitter. Lol. Jesus.

And why have they put two cameras on the back of it? To shoot in 3D... That you'll never see.

---

BUT! Bravely Default is coming to Europe this year according to Nintendo of Europe's Twitter. So all is forgiven.

Salvadora

I don't think there is any truth in that story.

Casillas wouldn't be an Arsenal target for a wide range of reasons. Him not being for sale/not wanting to leave being the biggest.
Getting a decent keeper in should be as much of a worry for you. Besides that, you're getting Torres, don't stress about it.
no thanks jeff

What kind of dumb fuck 6 year olds does these people have? The kids in my family, a few under that age, never had trouble not destroying their 3ds handhelds. It's not even like it's easy to destroy. Not that I care, nintendo sucks.

why anyone above 6 yo would be seen in public with a DS is the bigger question.

omgkitty

Casillas wouldn't be an Arsenal target for a wide range of reasons. Him not being for sale/wanting to leave being the biggest.

no thanks jeff

As cliche as it sounds, I don't think we'd sign Casillas for the pure reason that he's better than SZCZ and would cause him not to play. Very un-Arsene thing to do.

Casillas wouldn't be an Arsenal target for a wide range of reasons. Him not being for sale/wanting to leave being the biggest.

no thanks jeff

Like players being unrealistic targets has held Arsene back this window.

it's happening

feel it

2Ip5S5J.jpg

Timurid

That casillas was bullshit. I just posted it to give people a good laugh.

Nasser is not going let Sakho go and boosted his price to 15 mil+. Reportedly that cooled down interest from Roma and Liverpool.

GQman2121

Banned
Ahh I should have clarified that I assumed it would be like the iPad. A pouch is probably more Nintendo's speed. I imagine a 3rd party will come up with some other options.

Good margins to be had on accessories, so you're probably right.

In hindsight, this move makes perfect sense for them. They've always done well with the DS hardware, and this thing can't be very much to produce.

GHG

What kind of dumb fuck 6 year olds does these people have? The kids in my family, a few under that age, never had trouble not destroying their 3ds handhelds. It's not even like it's easy to destroy.

Szczesny and Fabianski are 2 perfectly capable goalkeepers. The main issue is that our defense tend to over-expose them at times. We have our 1st choice RB playing as a makeshift CB at the moment and our 1st choice LB covering for the LW. We have much bigger issues than the GK position.

Contrary to what the media likes to brainwash people with, our defense was the 2nd best in the league last year. Its just the comical manner in which we tend to concede goals that makes it seem worse than it is.

In order of priority we need:

A midfielder that can cover for either of our 2 deep lying midfield positions
A winger that can operate on both flanks
A Striker better than Giroud
A 4th choice CB*

*If Sagna is now infact our 4th choice CB then we need a new RB who is a significant upgrade on Jenkinson.

At the very bottom of the pile is a new GK.

Salvadora

As cliche as it sounds, I don't think we'd sign Casillas for the pure reason that he's better than SZCZ and would cause him not to play. Very un-Arsene thing to do.
He would cost an absolute bundle too, despite his recent fall from grace. Caesar is sitting right there for the taking.
I have 3DS it's awesome sadly the prices for games are far too high.
It's infuriating. £30+ for first party releases 99% of the time, regardless of release.
Relegate.

GHG

Nasser is not going let Sakho go and boosted his price to 15 mil+. Reportedly that cooled down interest from Roma and Liverpool.

Don't worry, it'll be on the Daily Mail by 6pm today.

Nani going to Juve and we still can't sign anyone for the obvious holes in our squad as it is.

Well atleast Woodward is keeping himself busy by signing a new 3 year sponsorship with Federal Tyres...

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom