• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

They would still play in Europa League if it wasn't for this I think.
Sucks but let's not see our win as meaningless. They might not have given us any tough challenge and we've had injuries but it's a good preperation for CL to get the team going. We won it and we should be satisfied with that.

K1LLER7

We should ask for Pogba back or try and get Marchisio/Vidal in any deal.

The only positive about us selling Nani, is that we might have someone lined up to come in as a replacement.

Though I doubt Wooders/Moyes have thought about that yet :(

Walshy

Eriksen is a strange one, everyone seemed to have been interested in him but no one has taken the gamble.

Reminds me of the Coutinho deal, could be brilliant for Spurs.

Wilbur

Banned
goodbye sweet prince

i will always remember that goal you scored once against that team

you have paved the way for lesser lights

ashley

shinji

danny

now i bid you adieu

thats italian for goodbye

enjoy turin

K1LLER7

Guess which two players aren't playing for Everton tonight.

0a48368f20c9f8107cc078e0f7c1fbce.jpg
Not even in the squad?

moyes doesn't really have out and out wingers bombing forward like fergie did. days of pacy wingers are over at old trafford. its welbergs and phil jones from now on
Phil Jones should be kept away from midfield. He can play in D or sit on the bench.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why I think it's unlikely:

Nani is a fine winger and he's definitely better than Simone Pepe and Padoin, but we don't use conventional wingers in our current setup and we aren't going to change it to 4-3-3 (after MONTHS of training on 3-5-2) just to accommodate him.

Why I think it's likely:

Elia

phaze

Sucks but let's not see our win as meaningless. They might not have given us any tough challenge and we've had injuries but it's a good preperation for CL to get the team going. We won it and we should be satisfied with that.

Oh I agree but this was not what I was getting at. UEFA just still had to worry about backlash since I doubt Fener will be grateful for getting kicked out of EL.

He might be the worst striker in the league, but he's no criminal.

Played a friendly match against FCM together with Femi who also didn't have his work permit.

Of course it's easier to defend that with "woops, didn't know", not so easy when your fucking director of sports brags about it on live television.

#CVRAUS

Suen

Oh I agree but this was not what I was getting at. UEFA just still had to worry about backlash since I doubt Fener will be grateful for getting kicked out of EL.
Fair point, I forgot they would have a chance to participate in EL. Does this mean Besiktas was banned as well?

omgkitty

So I was just thinking about this, and I have noticed that recently a lot of transfer rumors seem to come out around 10 to 11 at night (UK time). Any reason for this? I just know that I seem to start seeing people popping up on twitter around that time talking about new info.

So I was just thinking about this, and I have noticed that recently a lot of transfer rumors seem to come out around 10 to 11 at night (UK time). Any reason for this? I just know that I seem to start seeing people popping up on twitter around that time talking about new info.

That's when the back pages of the papers leak.

omgkitty

That's when the back pages of the papers leak.

Oh well that makes sense. Thought it might be because they have people up working late at clubs and that's when they get off so they can leak shit, but then again we know this isn't the case with Arsenal because fuck all is happening over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom