• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiroshawn

Banned
Crudeli was in form today.

crudeli8fsdh.gif

<3

I really hope you're right. I was confident on the Gold Tie delivering for most of this summer, but even I am getting depressed over his recent antics.

http://youtu.be/JzJ4k5MwFoA

Lightning

Banned
Some twitter babble about Arsenal looking at Guilavogui, now that Monaco have gone and grabbed Kondogbia.

I hope he gets Cabaye instead.
We're getting random linked with everyone. We are getting Flamini back pretty much guaranteed now. So we won't go for Cabaye or any other midfielder.

Blablurn

watch out, here are some football related pics from the last weeks!

Leverkusen Bay Arena

1qyuiz.jpg

Empty

2ijukv.jpg

Full, it was the first match day here in Germany

37wuxu.jpg

Allianz Arena

4etux3.jpg

Last Sunday after the game

53qukv.jpg

Where players wait before kick off

60numg.jpg

The player cabin

73xugy.jpg

I also walked through the Bayern museum which was pretty badass

8wuugt.jpg

The cups from the past

9ddul7.jpg

The cups from today

10izuez.jpg

The infamous Klinsmann box

11cnukx.jpg

And yeah... of course my new FB profile pic is me and my gf standing next to last seasons triple cups :D

subtles

I'm panicking about the United game. It's a fixture we probably should just assume we're going to lose, but I don't want to see us getting completely stomped.

Skrtel may be back by then... we'll see. Really need our midfield to control the game and protect the back four.
It isn't really the first half that concerns me but rather the second. That and the fact that Van Persie could score a goal at any moment against the run of play.

I don't know what you Liverpool fans are worried about. It doesn't matter how the teams are looking like coming into the game. That shitfest will always be close.

GorillaJu

It just says we've offered €7m for him. Not that the offer has been accepted.

ibqkaFsjgc6GK2.gif

I was reading this

Liverpool understood to have agreed fee for Tiago Ilori. #LFC #SLB #POR
Liverpool are understood to have agreed a deal with Sporing for Portugal youth international Tiago Ilori. The 20-year-old central defender has been pursued by the Premier League club all summer, and after Ilori attracted the interest of returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, Liverpool have agreed a fee of €7million plus bonuses for him.

With Liverpool having initially hoped to the acquire the London-born defender at less than half that fee, his purchase represents their second compromise acquisition in the position. The American-owned club signed the highly paid Ivory Coast international Kolo Toure on a free transfer from Manchester City in May. Toure started just 18 Premier League games in his final two seasons for City and was stretched off with a groin injury in his third competitive appearance for Brendan Rodgers on Tuesday. 2 minutes ago

jtb

Banned
I'm slowly warming to the idea of Flamini being our only signing before the end of the window. Who knows, maybe all the young players will continue making progress—Ramsey's really been impressing the past several games, it's encouraging that he's continuing his strong form from the end of last season.

bjaelke

I was reading this

He changed it (which means it's probably not true).

Liverpool understood to have offered €7m+ for Tiago Ilori. #LFC #SLB #POR
Liverpool are understood to be close to agreeing a deal with Sporting for Portugal youth international Tiago Ilori. The 20-year-old central defender has been pursued by the Premier League club all summer, and after Ilori attracted the interest of returning Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, Liverpool have offered a fee of €7million plus bonuses for him.

Lightning

Banned
I'm slowly warming to the idea of Flamini being our only signing before the end of the window. Who knows, maybe all the young players will continue making progress—Ramsey's really been impressing the past several games, it's encouraging that he's continuing his strong form from the end of last season.
We need at least one more attacking player, imo. We're currently a Giroud injury away from disaster.

Vermaelen, Podolski, Arteta are all back soon and we have an international break coming up which is quite welcome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Zabojnik

Yurt's feud with FootballFan continues. I expect things to escalate soon. DON'T GET BANNED, GUYS!

We need at least one more attacking player, imo. We're currently a Giroud injury away from disaster.

Vermaelen, Podolski, Arteta are all back soon and we have an international break coming up which is quite welcome.

mq-1.jpg

There's still time. Someone like Quags would be the perfect backup for Arsenal, imo.

Reports that Di Maria wants to stay in Madrid so that deal means nothing to me now.

Sucks though.

Yeah hearing that and the Nani rumours I don't really know what to think.

I don't get why everyone wants to stay at Madrid? Apart from amazing weather, huge salaries and champions league football.

pulga

Banned
Best posts in the last few pages:

OH BABY

Worst posts:

You don't need to be 100% to shoot a penalty. :lol

The spin and excuses are downright pathetic and embarrasing lol

Also, you forgot the Gaynaldo post. Are we cool with homophobia now?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bendtner is a title-winning attacking player.

Obviously I know nothing about Arsenal, but do they really need more attacking players? They seem fine to me when it comes to scoring, it's the other end of the pitch where they fall apart.
and the dugout

Yurt's feud with FootballFan continues. I expect things to escalate soon. DON'T GET BANNED, GUYS!

I'm only fueling the Pulg Machine.

Also, you forgot the Gaynaldo post.
I wish he would go back and edit it, I'm not gonna quote him.

Bendtner is a title-winning attacking player.

Obviously I know nothing about Arsenal, but do they really need more attacking players? They seem fine to me when it comes to scoring, it's the other end of the pitch where they fall apart.
and the dugout

I think they do. They need a bit of everything.

Jack cw

If Ribery doesn't win it today, I'm gonna be very angry!
This UEFA... He won't win. I'm prepared for this.
Me too. Because if anyone from Bayern deserves it, it's fucking Robben. Me and Schweini were the only ones that always believed, when everybody else here was making fun of him. GOAT.
True. Robben would have truly been the GOAT if he had scored against Spain and that penalty against Chelsea...

Zabojnik

Milan is offering 10M&#8364; to be paid over 4 years for Matri. We want 12M&#8364; in three or less installments. Damn, it's really happening. Milan-bros, the love for Federica Nargi will forever unite us!

iYDFjvex0SnVm.gif

isCr1T03wGeqW.gif

pulga

Banned
Don't worry yogurt, Ill quote it <3

Yeah, right. Gaynaldo has like 0, zero, nada goals so far in the league. And Bale will be lucky to get 20 goals, while Messi will end at 50+ alone. Nice try though.

Tsk tsk. Are these the humildat and valors they teach promote at Barcelona?

Omiee

Why would ribery win? He made like what 20 goals and 20 assists.

Ronaldo and messi each have 50+ goals and 10+ assists.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Fabio Cannavaro won it by scoring 4 goals.

Nedved won it despite Henry scoring 32+ goals and assisting 24+.

THE GOOD OLD DAYS

Jack cw

Lol... Ribery had like 25 assists and those were essential in winning all trophies and to destroy Barca... His individual class brought maximum victory... So well deserved! This is an award for the best player, not best scorer, dude.
Fabio Cannavaro won it by scoring 4 goals.
Haha and this!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol... Ribery had like 25 assists and those were essential in winning all trophies and to destroy Barca... His individual class brought maximum victory... So well deserved! This is an award for the best player, not best scorer, dude.

Haha and this!

Bayern are backing the wrong horse, really. Thomas Müller was the MVP in every single game in the knock-out stage and finals.

And especially in that 7-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom