• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Morning guys. Is there a better day to wake up than for the Champions League draw? It's like what Christmas used to feel like.
I was cheering for you yesterday. Celtic is my favourite team after Bayern. Hopefully we meet in group stage... I would even go Glasgow just for the atmosphere :D

Fady K

I love Attenborough, it's such a shame he reminds me of the bellend Ken Bates.

The one thing Ken Bates did right was sell it to Roman :p

From its conception to its marketing the game really is Bomba 101.

BUT it plays wonderfully and I am just happy that it exists. It's so unique and fresh, it's almost like a new genre. Screw the sales and screw the reviews.

It is a shame really huh? Platinum is such a hard working dev and this game seems very original in many ways and yet it sold less than 6,000. Madness. Bayonetta sold 200k+ in Japan on its first week I think! And that was a new IP as well! Horrible #s even for a WiiU game.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
I was cheering for you yesterday. Celtic is my favourite team after Bayern. Hopefully we meet in group stage... I would even go Glasgow just for the atmosphere :D
I'd absolutely love a trip to Munich. :)

I'm just hoping we don't get the same teams we always get - Benfica, Barca and Man United especially. But it's a cert that we'll end up with one of them again.

Celtic fans like Kevin Großkreutz, I don't think you're welcome.
I'm always amazed when I see him just hanging about in the normal Celtic bars - it's been about 3 times now lol.

GorillaJu

So what of Bale’s arrival at the Bernabéu? “I don’t think it will affect him [Ronaldo] that much,” Meulensteen said. “In my opinion, Bale is nowhere near on the same level, absolutely not.

Finally someone with some sense about the issue.

Suen

You know I love you and Parma, so cheer up. <3 Did your PC really die?
Yep, I noticed that the fan kept running high all the time despite the ram and cpu usage being minimal. Shouldn't have been a dust problem either since I cleaned it not long ago so thought it might be the PC being 6 years old and reaching the end of it's magnificent life (for the tasks I need to do anyway). I did open the PC and pulled out my other, larger fan out which was enclosed in some metallic box (fuck the techical terms I don't know them). Anyway there was quite a bit of dust there left which I thought I had removed from the outside but apparenly the only thing I removed when I cleaned it then was the dust on the dust filters so it may have been the problem. Not sure though, something died and the PC doesn't boot anymore.

Performance-wise this PC was getting worse and worse, couldn't keep up well with the work I wanted to do so I was planning to buy a new one this winter or next year anyway but I guess it will have to be this week.

Zabojnik

Performance-wise this PC was getting worse and worse, couldn't keep up well with the work I wanted to do so I was planning to buy a new one this winter or next year anyway but I guess it will have to be this week.

Well, that's unfortunate. Just like Parma.

<3

Walshy

Centre back
Yarmolenko (if he can play LW)
Backup keeper

And I'm very satisfied

Just a centre back, and I'll make do :p
Yarmolenko is left footed but he plays on the right. Probably would mean Suarez will play on the left.

The Ilori deal is meant to be close but the Guardian seem to think we are gonna go after Sahko.

Yurt-sized
Cocks oooooouuuuuuuuuutttttttTTTTTTTTTT!!!
:lol.

We badly need to buy someone, we are getting as bad as Arsenal now.

GorillaJu

Yarmolenko is left footed but he plays on the right. Probably would mean Suarez will play on the left.

The Ilori deal is meant to be close but the Guardian seem to think we are gonna go after Sahko.

:lol.

We badly need to buy someone, we are getting as bad as Arsenal now.

We've already brought in 5 players. A new goalkeeper was crucial for us - we need to improve our quality in the boxes, and Mig is a big upgrade there.

justjohn

Oligarch gangster cockends are worse.
Nope. Theyve actually brought more competition and better players into our league making it more exciting.

If roman hadn't come to chelsea and with arsenal's refusal to spend money, this league would have been a boring one team league.

I really don't get why Arsenal haven't bought Benzema yet, he is up for sale. €45m would prize him away from Madrid and now with guaranteed Champions League football they shouldn't have any issues attracting him. One would think Wenger would be using his connections within the FFF to get a deal done with Benzema's people.

Salazar

Nope. Theyve actually brought more competition and better players into our league making it more exciting.

No, I mean - as an adult with instincts and ideals more sophisticated than those of a particularly thick red setter, I think that a football club funded by a mega-thief as a method of legal and financial self-protection is a bad thing.

sohois

I can't even imagine what the league would look like if Chelsea hadn't been brought by Abramovich (and presumably, City by the Sheiks). The likes of Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa could all have had several appearances in the Champions League instead and would be different teams; Plus the general removal of the market distortion brought about by the oil clubs would have resulted in different transfer windows for every team.

justjohn

I really don't get why Arsenal haven't bought Benzema yet, he is up for sale. €45m would prize him away from Madrid and now with guaranteed Champions League football they shouldn't have any issues attracting him. One would think Wenger would be using his connections within the FFF to get a deal done with Benzema's people.
Because he's not interested in buying anyone. Surely flamini's signing should have served as a warning to his true intentions.

Mastadon

Banned
No, I mean - as an adult with instincts and ideals more sophisticated than those of a particularly thick red setter, I think that a football club funded by a mega-thief as a method of legal and financial self-protection is a bad thing.

Hm I'm not sure I agree. I'd be totally for the idea of releasing Bernie Maddof from prison and putting him in charge of Stoke for example.

Gambit

Just read that Schweinsteiger went with the team to prepare for the supercup. Glad his injury was not so bad. Mou will exploit the Bayern defense enough even with Schweini in the team.

It is a shame really huh? Platinum is such a hard working dev and this game seems very original in many ways and yet it sold less than 6,000. Madness. Bayonetta sold 200k+ in Japan on its first week I think! And that was a new IP as well! Horrible #s even for a WiiU game.

Wonderful 101 is a much harder sell than Bayonetta. The presentation is like a Staurday morning cartoon, while the game is really difficult. Bayonetta fit right into the Devil May Cry-genre. On top of that, it was released on a dead console, without marketing.

justjohn

I can't even imagine what the league would look like if Chelsea hadn't been brought by Abramovich (and presumably, City by the Sheiks). The likes of Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa could all have had several appearances in the Champions League instead and would be different teams; Plus the general removal of the market distortion brought about by the oil clubs would have resulted in different transfer windows for every team.
Like I said earlier the league would have been a shit one team league. No one would have been able to compete with United.

Jack cw

Just read that Schweinsteiger went with the team to prepare for the supercup. Glad his injury was not so bad. Mou will exploit the Bayern defense enough even with Schweini in the team.

I think so too. We are pretty vulnurable right now but I'm confident that Guardiolas idea will soon be implemented. I trust him and maybe that match against Chelsea might be the next step.

Fady K

Wonderful 101 is a much harder sell than Bayonetta. The presentation is like a Staurday morning cartoon, while the game is really difficult. Bayonetta fit right into the Devil May Cry-genre. On top of that, it was released on a dead console, without marketing.

To be fair Chelsea have not been gelling well in the last few games at all, many basic mistakes. Their defense has been better than recent years, but that's it. I think Bayern will run us left and right and destroy us more than any other team can.

About W101 - true, plus Bayonetta has a lot of sex appeal and has "hardcore" written all over it. Nintendo's efforts at marketing the game were very lame. They have to understand that these "Directs" don't exactly sell games on their own.

Showaddy

Benzema is Madrid's only senior striker. If they'd brought in someone like Falcao or Suarez he might have gone but if he's guaranteed to start for Madrid why would he leave?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not really. Why would that be? Nothing's changed in 10 years.

munchen.jpg

Blablurn

I think so too. We are pretty vulnurable right now but I'm confident that Guardiolas idea will soon be implemented. I trust him and maybe that match against Chelsea might be the next step.

What we need is a Juve-like keep like Van Gaal had it back then. Where it made click etc. Hopefully it comes soon. Van Gaal was about to get fired before the team understood his philosophy.

Because he's not interested in buying anyone. Surely flamini's signing should have served as a warning to his true intentions.

Well if that's the case then either Arsenal have to make big signings in January (which we all know is no easy task) or settle for the Europa League. With Lamela and probably Eriksen I don't see how the Arsenal squad has enough depth for getting 4th and going deep into the CL.

Jack cw

What we need is a Juve-like keep like Van Gaal had it back then. Where it made click etc. Hopefully it comes soon. Van Gaal was about to get fired before the team understood his philosophy.
I remember when last season it was the super cup against Dortmund where the team got the system right. Maybe its Chelsea this time.
more pressure because of media and money. better keepers.

No, players are just shooting to low. You either have balls like Pirlo or Ribery to make art out of penalties or just aim high for the goals edges. Requires some skill but the keeper has a further way to reach the ball and needs to jump against gravity.

Or just do it like Beckham. Was he the worst penalty guy in history?

EDIT:
RIbery <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom