• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

more pressure because of media and money. better keepers.

Hmmm. 'Pressure' is such a relative factor though, could mean anything and nothing when you're there on the spot. As for better keepers ... not really. Unless by 'better' you mean more prepared. Like, they have access to recordings of every single match and stuff like that. But even that would be more of an factor if you'd have compared the current state of affairs with football from 30-50 years ago.

Ergo, I don't think there's much difference.

Fady K

I knew we would go for a big name signing after Roo decided to stay at United.

Eto'o plz

Steve my friend, do you think Eto'o is the best case striker scenario for us?

I'm underwhelmed with our striker hunt this summer. No falcao, cavani, or rooney. Was really hoping for one of them. At least we get to keep Lukaku.

Like I said earlier the league would have been a shit one team league. No one would have been able to compete with United.

Agreed. Just look at how exciting this season can be compared to the seasons that United dominated single handedly (though we still don't know if this season will be one sided as well).

Manchester City added a lot of star players that should make them more interesting to watch eventually. Aston Villa have improved very much. Liverpool are looking at their best in years. I expect Arsenal to be a strong contender too. Tottenham may even be the best London club this season with all these marquee signings. Southampton are looking pretty hot as well. So much quality these days that I would not be surprised if Tottenham and Liverpool beat us to third & fourth place.

Yarmolenko is left footed but he plays on the right. Probably would mean Suarez will play on the left.

The Ilori deal is meant to be close but the Guardian seem to think we are gonna go after Sahko.

:lol.

We badly need to buy someone, we are getting as bad as Arsenal now.

This window has been annoying

It opens

-BAM! Toure
-BAM! Aspas
-BAM! Alberto
-BAM! Mignolet
-Micky you traitor
-Schalke you unrasonable bastards
-Willian you mercenary
-BAM! Cissokho

In theory, we've done okay. Compared to Arsenal, we've done brilliantly. But we haven't got the big exciting signing we want, we haven't really strengthened at CB, and we have some potentially disastrous injuries

B-Rod, bring me the Ukrainian.
I-Ay, bring me the Portuguese

Suen

You mean senior players? No. We are having to put 3-4 youth/reserve team players on the bench each game. Not good enough.

Looooolll is he joking after last nights game?
If I were to translate his words he really means that he want the ref to give Barca more penalties and opponents more reds when they challenge him and his teammates

FootballFan

To think that Neymar won our first trophy of the season during a 30minute sub appearance.

His goal won the Super Cup. Just realising that now.

Wow.

Jk1PuNQ.jpg

Salazar

Do Arsenal even have enough players to fill up a squad now?

Liam Brady said on RTÉ that Arsenal fans could expect a few surprises in the remaining days of the transfer window, Clegg.

Clearly, they are going to do stupendous tings. Brady wouldn't kid around.

FootballFan

As for that Pique quote, after all the fouling Atletico were doing, the fact that they had 1 yellow and Barca had 3(lol) until the 80th minute was a joke.

Not the first team to try to (literally) kick us out of a win. Too bad we have Neygod now even when Messi fails.

KJjEFaI.jpg

Suen

What is it that people like prodigy were complaining about? I missed it all I think.

You serious FootballFan? Don't go bro.
Yep missed it too. Someone say what it is about. Hi Fady!

Liam Brady said on RTÉ that Arsenal fans could expect a few surprises in the remaining days of the transfer window, Clegg.

Clearly, they are going to do stupendous tings. Brady wouldn't kid around.
New squad of Ligue 2 players incoming. Wenger to lead us to CL glory.

Fady K

They truly think they're god's gift to football.

God bless the orcs of Bavaria and the chosen son of Setúbal. May their reign of terror last forever.

They as in pique :p? What pique said is rather silly...though I tend to see this in all the big football clubs honestly. I don't see how barca think they're God's gift to football :p

FootballFan

He was shit last night though...

Doesn't really change the fact that his goal won the trophy, which is what matters in the end.

Busquets and Valdes were our only good player in that game tbh. Cesc was invisible, Messi and Neymar slipped every 10 seconds, don't even know if Xavi played etc.

edit
Btw joined the MB4L crew hitch.

panty

UEFA insist that Ronaldo attends Player of the Year award
Cristiano Ronaldo won’t travel to Monaco tomorrow to take part in the UEFA Best Player in Europe award ceremony. He is shortlisted for the prize along with Messi and Ribéry. In principle the Real Madrid player was going to be there, but the gala event has been scheduled for the same day as the Trofeo Teresa Herrera (a summer friendly competition, originally organised to raise money for the poor in the A Coruña) and the player and his coach Carlo Ancelotti prefer for him to travel to A Coruña.

Doesn't go to crappy awards shows, helps raise money for poor.

#class #CR7

Steve my friend, do you think Eto'o is the best case striker scenario for us?

I'm underwhelmed with our striker hunt this summer. No falcao, cavani, or rooney. Was really hoping for one of them. At least we get to keep Lukaku.

He'll be better than Ba for us. Talk now of it being a free transfer, he'll be on reasonably high wages but if you take out the need for a transfer fee, I don't see it being a bad signing.

Realistically who can we get at this point? Apparently we had no problems matching the fee BVB wanted for Lewandowski but he didn't want to come (Bayern only), is there anyone else good enough? We could go younger, dunno who we would go for though. Damiao? Jackson Martinez? High fees.. etc.

Apparently we're getting Atsu for €2.5m, Porto want him out as he's a trouble maker(?) and consider that we're doing them a favour. He's going straight out on loan. We might even only be doing it to get in their good books so we can get Mangala (centre back) or Martinez..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They as in pique :p? What pique said is rather silly...though I tend to see this in all the big football clubs honestly. I don't see how barca think they're God's gift to football :p

Fady I can't take you seriously with that avatar :lol :lol :lol

To be honest, I'd rather be dominated and sodomized by the Germans. At least they do it with their mouths shut.

Wilbur

Banned
So, fan of Marseille here. Would you consider us a good or bad draw for tonight?

You're certainly one of the teams I'd rather get in Pot 2 - it's an absurdly strong second pot, four teams in particular are quality wise able to be in the first - , but I do think you'd be a tough proposition for anyone.

I only really want Schalke from that group, I think :lol. Don't think I'd mind PSG if we got two easier teams, would be nice to see a real good team in our group for once. Makes it easier to justify when we go out as opposed to being bummed by Basel.

Fady K

He'll be better than Ba for us. Talk now of it being a free transfer, he'll be on reasonably high wages but if you take out the need for a transfer fee, I don't see it being a bad signing.

Realistically who can we get at this point? Apparently we had no problems matching the fee BVB wanted for Lewandowski but he didn't want to come (Bayern only), is there anyone else good enough? We could go younger, dunno who we would go for though. Damiao? Jackson Martinez? High fees.. etc.

Apparently we're getting Atsu for €2.5m, Porto want him out as he's a trouble maker(?) and consider that we're doing them a favour. He's going straight out on loan. We might even only be doing it to get in their good books so we can get Mangala (centre back) or Martinez..

Why is Ba so bad for us :(? Free transfer for Eto'o? Can't complain about that. Especially when we have no other good options as you said. I don't know why Lewandowski has his eyes for Bayern only. I don't think he is a necessity in a star studded team like Bayern. I wonder why Chelsea did not bother with Benteke for instance. Maybe they had other targets in sight before they all slipped away.

Fady I can't take you seriously with that avatar :lol :lol :lol

To be honest, I'd rather be dominated and sodomized by the Germans. At least they do it with their mouths shut.

Hahahaa. I honestly don't understand why I still have this avatar! I prefer the latter approach too mind you. I respect nothing more than a team showing respect on and off the pitch, and doing it with their mouths shut is one way. Maybe it is a cultural thing. Not 100% fit mentally during the interview maybe?? Lololollol just kidding. I do get annoyed when my club's players say such things :/!! Thankfully on the Chelsea end I have had nothing to complain about in ages (in terms of what the players say).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom