• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

You replaced the coach who won you the treble while he was in the middle of coaching the team to the treble with a drug pushing fraud purely because he was available. No class.

Haha love it!
But to be honest: Jupp just reacted and tweaked the tactics wich was the absolute right thing to do. Guardiola on the other hand brings a whole new concept. We have now way more chances against defending teams and the offense is nearly unstoppable if they wouldnt miss the goal so often. I like where this is heading. Barca 2.0 maybe with less boredom.

Fady K

Thanks, let's see what other 2 teams besides Real we will get this year.

You're most welcome bro. The thing is Ajax keeps selling important players :[!

That's what #freeshinji is all about. We have to #freeshinji from his father's orders to play for United.

I love how it's okay for United fans to annoy everyone with "Get Shinji, Fergie" for months and when I make jokes about Shinji not playing I get told to grow up.

Football fans can be inconsistent in their fairness :p Honestly though I think Shinji left Dortmund at the wrong time. You don't leave your club doing so well! He should have been there in the CL final with them.

What or who they do is relevant too :p

Lol! I guess you're referring to Terry? I don't endorse any of his stupid actions, and in fact it is the main reason why he is nowhere near my favorite Chelsea players. Lampard is the captain for me. However what Ryan Giggs did is even far worse and the fans have likely forgiven him; besides, a player will never equate to a club. Thankfully other than John Terry's racist statement 2 years ago it has been quiet at Chelsea. I prefer the quiet atmosphere.

Blablurn

BS1VJJkCAAA3fQf.jpg:large

Franck is ready to receive the title.

FootballFan

BS1VJJkCAAA3fQf.jpg:large

Franck is ready to receive the title.

Oh.. so this award you guys keep speaking of, are you talking about the UEFA European player of the year award?? The one Iniesta won just recently?

If so, then Ribery is pretty likely to win it, kinda thought you guys were talking about the FIFA Ballon d'Or the whole time..

Blablurn

Oh.. so this award you guys keep speaking of, are you talking about the UEFA European player of the year award?? The one Iniesta won just recently?

If so, then Ribery is pretty likely to win it, kinda thought you guys were talking about the FIFA Ballon d'Or the whole time..

he will win this one too.

GHG

This is the first I've ever heard of him.

Of course he plays in Ligue 1.

Of course he is French.

He received his 1st 2 caps for France this year, quite highly rated in France apparently but hasn't received much buzz outside of France.

Jack cw

Should he win we need a sequel to the Adidas commercial "Bayern has a king again".

Nah, ballon d'or is at a different time, this is UEFA Player of the Year. I was confused for a while as well though until I read about it this morning.

I'd buy his jersey if he wins this shit. Balon d'Or will go to Thomas Müller, watch it!

Multiple accounts means one of your own will be sabotaging your operations to climb the ladder.

I hope we can actually get stuff like that in the game. As far as I can tell, the crew stuff s just for stat-tracking, funsies and a bit of an XP bonus. I really hope there's a bit of a persistent gang structure though in the full game, with clans, leaders, promotions, tasks, betrayals etc.

All Points Bulletin looked like a shocking game, but I;d like Rockstar to pinch a few ideas from it :D

When we play, we're gonna go Friendly Fire on, Fully Manual aiming if possible. Otherwise, I'm not playing and there'll be a hole in the group, similar to when someone dies :p

And fuck penthouses and that nonsense. You lot can piss about in there, I'm gonna retire to a little shack in the country when we make our first $10m :p

@Lucifer, there's room on my FL now :)

FootballFan

he will win this one too.

Sorry Bla, he won't. Definitely has a great shot at the UEFA award though. I'd say the chances are:

Ribery 50%
Messi 38%
Rest 12%

Ballon d'Or, or as it will be known in 2025, The Leo Messi Award:

Messi 70%
Cr7 19%
Ribery 10%
Muller 1%

He runs the club, runs UEFA, carries the team and much more. Legend.

Salvadora

He received his 1st 2 caps for France this year, quite highly rated in France apparently but hasn't received much buzz outside of France.
Sick of it to be honest.

We balk at Cabaye's price tag and go running off to France for another bargain bin Frenchman. The two we're bringing in for free aren't enough.

Blablurn

5,w=993,c=0.bild.jpg

what does it say to us?

van der vaarts ex is a whore.

her former best friend exposed her in germanys biggest newspaper. told everyone how many affairs she had.

her former best friend is now the girlfriend of van der vaart.

lol?

Wilbur

Banned
tottenham are buying everyone. how are they even going to play?

Siggy might be on his way out but dat formatting

---------------------------------------Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Naughton---Kaboul/Dawson---Vertonghen/Chiriches---Rose/Assou-Ekotto
-------------------------Sandro/Capoue---Paulinho/Holtby
-----------------------------------Dembele/Eriksen
Lennon/Townsend--------------------------------------------------------Lamela/Chadli
-----------------------------------Soldado/Adebayor

The Shinji panic needs to fucking stop by the way, you're all getting strung along by the media.

He played in the Confederations Cup. He came back early from holiday to play in Japan and then took the rest of his holiday. He is behind everyone in fitness terms. When he's absolutely fully fit and isn't starting games against shitty teams at home, then I freak.

He's most likely fit now. Had Rio's testimonial and had 90 minutes with Japan a while back. The fit excuse is weak as Young just came back from injury and still played. Moyes probably didn't think he was ready for a game as big as Chelsea. It's up to Moyes to now play him, which will probably happen really soon obviously.

People on twitter are nuts. I was shouting Free Shinji during the game as a joke. Those people are taking it seriously. The campaign is as embarrassing as the Bring Ronaldo home campaign.

Fuck Getty. They never have pictures of United training anymore. I want to see Januzaj frolicking with Shinji, Chicha and Valencia double teaming De Gea from behind, and Phil Neville being ugly with Moyesus.

PowderedToast

siggurdson hasn't impressed at all. bullet dodged

idk wtf spurs are doing. bracing for bales departure by buying a shit ton of players. they should've tried to get modric back or something

Wes

venison crêpe
what does it say to us?

her former best friend exposed her in germanys biggest newspaper. told everyone how many affairs she had.

lol?

Sylvie was sleeping around?

Shame I wasn't around.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
siggurdson hasn't impressed at all. bullet dodged

idk wtf spurs are doing. bracing for bales departure by buying a shit ton of players. they should've tried to get modric back or something

No way Modric would have been allowed to leave Madrid, Ancelotti rates him. Tried to sign him when he was Chelsea manager.

Wilbur

Banned
He's most likely fit now. Had Rio's testimonial and had 90 minutes with Japan a while back. The fit excuse is weak as Young just came back from injury and still played. Moyes probably didn't think he was ready for a game as big as Chelsea. It's up to Moyes to now play him, which will probably happen really soon obviously.

People on twitter are nuts. I was shouting Free Shinji during the game as a joke. Those people are taking it seriously. The campaign is as embarrassing as the Bring Ronaldo home campaign.

Fuck Getty. They never have pictures of United training anymore. I want to see Januzaj frolicking with Shinji, Chicha and Valencia double teaming De Gea from behind, and Phil Neville being ugly with Moyesus.

I think he'll start against Liverpool, if I'm honest with you. Welbeck or Valencia will drop to the bench, Shinji will play.

Showaddy

5,w=993,c=0.bild.jpg

what does it say to us?

lol?

I find it somewhat ironic that Rafa left Tottenham so he could be closer to his family. When his wife wasn't travelling to London every other week to visit him his marriage fell apart...

bud

was bony's penis ever posted here? it's a pretty old story, but... he's on some social networking site, and some guy pretending to be angie verona chatted him up which eventually led to him sending 'her' some nude pics including a dick shot.

how long will it take for the sun to get a hold of this story you think

FootballFan

Ronaldo should go to the 2nd division of LaLiga to ratch up 80 goals.

To be fair to Ronaldo and Messi, they do it in every competition(except World Cups lol)

For example, CL top scorers:

2013 - Ronaldo
2012 - Messi
2011 - Messi
2010 - Messi
2009 - Messi
2008 - Ronaldo

Jack cw

It should go to the best individual player.
The UEFA Club Footballer of the Year was a football award presented by UEFA to the most outstanding performers of the European club football season.
This isnt some fancy skill award its for the MVP... the player whose performances led to national and international titles...
Yup

Not a "made lots of Germans very happy" award.

Lol as if Ribery was a Hans... do one...

Wilbur

Banned
was bony's penis ever posted here? it's a pretty old story, but... he's on some social networking site, and some guy pretending to be angie verona chatted him up which eventually led to him sending 'her' some nude pics including a dick shot.

how long will it take for the sun to get a hold of this story you think

Is it a nice one?

god, I'd genuinely only be content if we got Schalke from that second pot. Dortmund are the only one I really really want to avoid in the third, and Napoli for the fourth.

Arjen

You're most welcome bro. The thing is Ajax keeps selling important players :[!

It's really depressing, i could handle it, if we had time to find new players ourselfs, but it's policy to only buy new players after they're gone, now will have a couple of days at best to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom