• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
Koen Casteels (TSG Hoffenheim)
Thibaut Courtois (Atletico de Madrid)
Simon Mignolet (Liverpool FC)

Toby Alderweireld (Ajax Amsterdam)
Laurent Ciman (R. Standard CL)
Guillaume Gillet (RSC Anderlecht)
Nicolas Lombaerts (Zenit St-Petersburg)
Sébastien Pocognoli (Hannover 96)
Daniel Van Buyten (Bayern München)
Jelle Van Damme (R Standard CL)
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)

Nacer Chadli (Tottenham Hotspur)
Steven Defour (FC Porto)
Moussa Dembélé (Tottenham Hotspur))
Marouane Fellaini (Everton FC)
Timmy Simons (Club Brugge KV)
Axel Witsel (Zenit St-Petersburg)

Zakaria Bakkali (PSV)
Christian Benteke (Aston Villa FC)
Kevin De Bruyne (Chelsea FC)
Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC)
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea FC)
Dries Mertens (SSC Napoli)
Kevin Mirallas (Everton FC)

--

Dat belgian squad. I'm so jealous.

@Lucifer, is your RSC name plain Lucifer? There are a few variations on there :)

@FF, you have to earn your promotions, or die trying

Should've called it Moyes Boyz

It's interesting how's spurs are not deemed as "ruining football"

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is a five minute highlights video for Messi of the season 2012/13. It was updated only two months into that season - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dM-wAbBgI

The run and pass at 0:40 for Fabregas' goal isn't just 'an assist'. It's a fucking incredible piece of skill where he evades three or four defenders, opening a stupendous amount of space up for Cesc to run into. He plays him in absolutely perfectly. He scores.

The pass at 2:21 is Messi's brain thinking fucking aeons before everyone else on the pitch and playing the ball that 99 times out of 100 no one would even see with that little amount of time.

There's no shame in losing to Messi. There's no shame in any Bayern player, who most certainly were part of the best team of 2013, losing to the best player of 2013.

Wilbur

please understand

Messi is (and will forever be) the best player in the world, but that doesn't mean we should hand him the Golden Ball every single year until the day he retires. The award was NEVER about this, FIFA fucking ruined it.

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbur

please understand

Messi is (and will forever be) the best player in the world, but that doesn't mean we should hand him the Golden Ball every single year until the day he retires. The award was NEVER about this.

The FIFA Ballon d'Or is an association football award given annually to the player who is considered to have performed the best in the previous year.

yurt

please understand

messi always performs the best

FeD.nL

Ajax GAF, how do you rate your title chances after Eriksen (and perhaps Alderweireld) are gone?

Still think we have a good shot. Biggest problem now imo is that de Jong is also injured. I do think Duarte will do great, I really like him as a player and he will fit in nicely. Still I got to hand it to Marcel Brands this transfer window, made some absolutely great deals for you guys especially when you see that we'll probably lose our best player for 12m to the spurs (again).

Fady K

C'mon Fady, it's not the same. Giggs fucked his bro's wife, they're blood related so it's fine. :p

Super Frank is indeed the real Chelsea legend <3

No fudging way mang! Bro's wife (for 8 years?) is far worse for me. Mind you - what Terry did is horrible - I am against the notion of cheating on your partner. I despise it >_>!

Though I love you for your Lampard comment <3 And Del Pieruffon is the Juve legend for me. In fact, I wish us football fans can be more like them. Classy, respectful, fair, peaceful. Love it bro! Even though banter is obviously a lot more intense and fun for the lads.

Thank you for saying this.

Smart business by Spurs, holding out as long as possible for the best price, I respect that. Will you change your username btw?

The FIFA Ballon d'Or is an association football award given annually to the player who is considered to have performed the best in the previous year.

yurt

please understand

Basically. At least this year we don;t have to argue with the morons who thought Xavi should have won it as a lifetime achievement award, and because it was his last chance. That argument was ridiculous

Yen

Gianluca Di Marzio &#8207;@dimarzio
#Sakho future: @OfficialASRoma talked to him but he could (and should) sign with @LFC soon. #footballtransfers

Hixx

Fuck me you're not even joking...:

We are looking at the same players as West Ham Sunderland and Norwich. Talk about scraping the barrel...

Just put a fucking £35m bid in for Benteke or something. This is ridiculous.

Those 3 clubs have better strikers than Arsenal, Quagliarella would probably be backup for them

Fady K

What I LOVE about Wilbury is he recognizes a talent without undermining him or taking credit away from him even when that player plays in a team he really does not like.

If I wanted to ever take a football fan's view on a player with NO bias NO shit slinging and just the FACTS I'll go to Wilbury.

Jack cw

yurt

please understand

And performance is all about fancy trick moves and the score list?
So a goalie or a defender should never win this?

Wilbur

Banned
What I LOVE about Wilbury is he recognizes a talent without undermining him or taking credit away from him even when that player plays in a team he really does not like.

If I wanted to ever take a football fan's view on a player with NO bias NO shit slinging and just the FACTS I'll go to Wilbury.

<33333333

As long as you accept Adnan as your lord and saviour

confuziz

Banned
Still think we have a good shot. Biggest problem now imo is that de Jong is also injured. I do think Duarte will do great, I really like him as a player and he will fit in nicely. Still I got to hand it to Marcel Brands this transfer window, made some absolutely great deals for you guys especially when you see that we'll probably lose our best player for 12m to the spurs (again).

Brands did good, but there are two rotten apples left (Toivonen and Manolev). If he somehow get rid of them (with an actual fee), he'll be remembered as a god in Eindhoven.

Those 3 clubs have better strikers than Arsenal

476.gif

Fady K

I'm not changing it, no.

I hope we wait until Monday to sell him so they're forced to take their stage down.

Well sorry to hear that you're losing your favorite player at the club, and I hope that you'll be more than happy with the new signings. The good thing about Tottenham is they are growing and that will undoubtedly be exciting for the fans.

Wilbur

Banned
And performance is all about fancy trick moves and the score list?
So a goalie or a defender should never win this?

... yes. That's what I said.

Look, Barcelona got to the semi finals of the Champions League and won La Liga. As big a joke as I find that shithouse league, Messi is the reason they were able to do that.

If a goalkeeper had as big an influence on his side as Messi did for Barca, I'd be all for them winning. If a defender - so for instance, a few years ago Kompany certainly should have been in with a shout - has that kind of power and influence on his side, then they should be in for it.

And I'm not arguing Ribery shouldn't be nominated. He was brilliant last year. But he just wasn't the best. Messi is more than just goals and fancy trick moves. He carries a team that people deem time and time again the best ever on his back.

And I don't mean influence like "shave your head you fucking skunk fuck Neymar and pass me the ball". I mean in terms of what they bring to the team and comparing the teams without him and with him.

Like I say, for the 2011/12 season I think Kompany should have been nominated, such was his absolute calming presence on the entire Man City side any time he played. He led by example, he scored goals, he kept them out, he was just magnificent the entire year.

Was he better than Messi though? No, of course not.

FootballFan

Basically. At least this year we don;t have to argue with the morons who thought Xavi should have won it as a lifetime achievement award, and because it was his last chance. That argument was ridiculous

That argument sucks. lol I hope I never said it. "he deserves it for playing well for 5 years". Someone earlier said Ribery deserves it for getting Bayern to 3 out of 4 CL finals.

But 3 of those 4 finals have nothing to do with the 2013 award, it's irrelevant.

If that counted, it would only add even more to Messi's argument. 4 time CL top scorer, 2 CL wins, many many more titles, top scorer in a single year ever, Most assists in Europe in last 5 years etc. Lucky for everyone it isn't counted like that.

Empty

i wish we'd hurry up with baines and fellaini

i've been enjoying these last five years since berbatov where we haven't had to give a shit about deadline day.

That argument sucks. lol I hope I never said it. "he deserves it for playing well for 5 years". Someone earlier said Ribery deserves it for getting Bayern to 3 out of 4 CL finals.

But 3 of those 4 finals have nothing to do with the 2013 award, it's irrelevant.

If that counted, it would only add even more to Messi's argument. 4 time CL top scorer, 2 CL wins, many many more titles, top scorer in a single year ever, Most assists in Europe in last 5 years etc. Lucky for everyone it isn't counted like that.

Just keeping the throne warm for Coutinho :p

Sakho pls. That Toure injury has killed us

So the Mirror (yes dodgy source, I know) are reporting that Spurs and Man United are negotiated over the transfer of Hernandez.

I know that AVB doesn't rate Ade and wants him out of the club, even if we get little to no money for him, he feels Ade is not good for squad harmony and they expect to lose him on a free sooner or later because of his wage demands which would mean breaking the wage structure.

Hernandez would be fucking sick boys, but I can't see United selling to us, at least if SAF was in charge, maybe with Moyes they may decide to sell to us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

yurt

please understand

*long post removed*

What's the point?

I give up

i wish we'd hurry up with baines and fellaini

i've been enjoying these last five years since berbatov where we haven't had to give a shit about deadline day.

Gonna be strange watching SSN on deadline day this year I'm usually sat with a smug look on my face laughing at Stoke fans.

Ask yourselves, if Messi and Ronaldo did not exist and a player scored 60 goals in a season, would you not vote him as being the best performer?

I think Messi and Ronaldo's ridiculous scoring has made people forget how amazing those type of seasons really are. Before them, if 1 player went out and scored 60 goals everyone would unanimously choose them. That many goals seem ordinary now.

Thanks a lot Ronaldo and Messi.

Salazar

So the Mirror (yes dodgy source, I know) are reporting that Spurs and Man United are negotiated over the transfer of Hernandez.

I know that AVB doesn't rate Ade and wants him out of the club, even if we get little to no money for him, he feels Ade is not good for squad harmony and they expect to lose him on a free sooner or later because of his wage demands which would mean breaking the wage structure.

Hernandez would be fucking sick boys, but I can't see United selling to us, at least if SAF was in charge, maybe with Moyes they may decide to sell to us.

You are off on a fucking mental one here

Chicha stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom