• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
I think I will just join Hitcher's :p
Not even UCK MY ICK?

h8914B34D

Meier

Just saying hello, lifelong Manchester City fan here (don't hate me), I hope I can contribute to this thread. Btw, congrats to Celtic, great win tonight. What a 3rd goal and what an atmosphere.

YEAH! I missed this post yesterday. Welcome.

p.s. This next bit is so American..lol

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 28m
#USMNT @J_Klinsmann will announce the 23-player roster for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers at 3:30 p.m. ET live on @SportsCenter.

Salvadora

Isn't it enough to say that he's fucking beautiful

Isn't it, Salva

I think Giroud's okay actually. Surprises me sometimes with the goals he scores and some nice touches, but its because Arsenal create a bunch of chances that it would be criminal not to score.

He's certainly not good enough to lead the line of a Champions League club, but second choice would be awight
When I think about it, Benteke would be the perfect compliment to him. He would give us something we haven't had since Adebayor left, a real physical presence up front. He can score the goals Giroud can't.

There really isn't any point in going to the market and buying another identical striker, play style wise. Unfortunately the Arsenal-Villa alliance will have to be shattered once again, but needs must. I'd much rather we spent £30m+ on him than Di Maria or Ozil. Both of whom look like they would need to be thrown in a white van, blindfolded, and driven to London to come to Arsenal.

bud

not a memory i have from ever since I was born

no fry you can't be serious ;_;

it is one of my dreams in life to stick my pau in a brazilian woman with a big juicy bunda and massive tetas you live amongst them why aren't you living my dream kkkkkkkkkkk

Wilbur

Banned
Flamini confirmed.

When I think about it, Benteke would be the perfect compliment to him. He would give us something we haven't had since Adebayor left, a real physical presence up front. He can score the goals Giroud can't.

There really isn't any point in going to the market and buying another identical striker, play style wise. Unfortunately the Arsenal-Villa alliance will have to be shattered once again, but needs must. I'd much rather we spent £30m+ on him than Di Maria or Ozil. Both of whom look like they would need to be thrown in a white van, blindfolded, and driven to London to come to Arsenal.

Villa won't sell this year, they'll sell next summer I'm sure.

What I want to know is how the fuck is Benfica in pot 1?

Benfica's form the last 4 seasons:

EL quarters
EL semis
CL quarters
EL final

4 domestic titles, 3 times league runner-up

Arsenal's form the last 4 seasons:

nada

we should be asking how the fuck are YOU still in pot 1, you biggest achievement of the last decade was selling Fabregas.

Salazar

Man Utd Facebook ‏@MUFC_Facebook 13m
david moyes is sitting @ home eating chowder whEn other clubs immensely sign signing players!! WE NEED PLAYERS

I think we get the Everton pair in the next day or so.

Hope we don't fucking go and sell anyone.

I love those 2. I love them so much. If we can get Sakho (lol) or Illori (lol) we can do something this season, those 2 will be a threat to anyone who doesn't defend properly, lt alone whn you add Suarez to the mix. But if we have Skrtel playing like he did last season until January, our season will be over by November

Yen

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
The greatest Scottish manager of all-time is the cover star of this weekend's #LFC v #MUFC match programme:

BS1vbJdCUAEo-si.jpg

Carbonox

2K8z1ki.gif

Any of the PS4 boys interested in a Vita? Nows your chance.

Vita, FIFA13, 10 games (the bundled ones), 8GB memory card, 1 month PS+

£149.99

http://bit.ly/1dSLy3J

Still overpriced shite.

@SkySportsPeteO 2m
Pardew on Cabaye: "What I have said to YC is I expect him to play this weekend." Is he receptive? "I think so but we'll have to wait & see"

Wow. You let him know who's boss, Pards.
TadkV.gif

Pardew's as much a mug as Cabaye is.

BelieveInMurder Crew.
MoyesMakeBelieve Crew.
AdnanFuture Crew.
UCK MY ICK Crew.

Let's go.

None of you have got anything on my Goatse Gang Crewdem.

omgkitty

EL quarters
EL semis
CL quarters
EL final

nada

we should be asking how the fuck are YOU still in pot 1, you biggest achievement of the last decade was selling Fabregas.

Pretty sure Arsenal could match those stats in Portugal too.

I can't wait until Gareth Bale fucks off to Spain so I don't have to read about him in papers or here pundits of English football talk about him. Can't. Wait!

GHG

Oh my god kill me now...

gun__1377772897_flamini_2013_1.jpg

Arsenal can confirm that Mathieu Flamini has re-signed for the Club.

The 29-year-old Frenchman, who made 153 appearances for Arsenal from 2004 to 2008, rejoins the Club after five years in Serie A with AC Milan.

A tenacious and combative midfielder, Flamini was an integral part of the Arsenal team which reached the Champions League final in 2006 and also helped the Club win the FA Cup in 2005.

During the run to the Paris final in 2006, Flamini showed his versatility by playing as a left back for much of the campaign, becoming part of an Arsenal defence that racked up a record 10 consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League.

During his time in Milan, Flamini made 122 overall appearances for the Rossoneri, winning a Serie A title and the Supercoppa Italiana in 2011. He featured a total of 22 times for AC Milan last term.

Having come to the end of his contract with AC Milan at the end of last season, Flamini had been maintaining his fitness at London Colney this summer.

"We’re very pleased Mathieu has agreed to re-join us," Arsène Wenger said. "He is a player of real quality, with a fantastic work rate and great mentality. As we know, Mathieu is a strong midfielder, but is also is comfortable playing in defence too. He is a very good addition to our squad."

Mathieu's shirt number will be revealed on the Club’s official Twitter account, @Arsenal, in due course.

Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Mathieu back to the Club.

The deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/mathieu-flamini-rejoins-arsenal

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dibbz

EL quarters
EL semis
CL quarters
EL final

nada

ihVzhtCcI4t1Y.gif

Hindle

Banned
Spurs spending spree is like Liverpool from the Kenny Dagleish era. The only difference is Spurs are being far more smarter in thier buying.

£30m on Eric Lamela compared to £35m for Andy Carroll basically.

GHG

It'll all be okay when he slide tackles the fuck out of a Spurs player on Sunday.

Yes but that wont be enough to win us the game. So we line up like this?:

Sagna----------Kosc---------Mert-----------Gibbs
-------------------------Flamini-------------------------
------------Wilshire--------------Ramsey-------------
Theo-----------------------------------------Caz--------
------------------------Giroud-----------------------------

I fail to see where goals will come from to be honest. That attack looks as penetrative as a chocolate dildo.

omgkitty

Yes but that wont be enough to win us the game. So we line up like this?:

Sagna----------Kosc---------Mert-----------Gibbs
-------------------------Flamini-------------------------
------------Wilshire--------------Ramsey-------------
Theo-----------------------------------------Caz--------
------------------------Giroud-----------------------------

I fail to see where goals will come from to be honest. That attack looks as penetrative as a chocolate dildo.

Ramsey is our new goal scorer.

omgkitty

Wow people are actually giving shit to Arsenals team photographer on Twitter over the Flamini signing. Some people are right fuckheads.

Stuart MacFarlane ‏@Stuart_PhotoAFC 47s

A reminder to everyone. I'm one of the Arsenal photographers, nothing else. The only decisions I make are photographic ones. #Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom