• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

tumblr_ms82z5jVox1qcxfxbo1_500.gif

FootballFan

What I LOVE about Wilbury is he recognizes a talent without undermining him or taking credit away from him even when that player plays in a team he really does not like.

If I wanted to ever take a football fan's view on a player with NO bias NO shit slinging and just the FACTS I'll go to Wilbury.

"Football thread 2012 Cleverley for Ballon d'Or" made by Wilbury.

:p

I agree, even though he hasn't built a bridge over the 2 finals, he is still usually pretty fair.

Jack cw

Was he better than Messi though? No, of course not.

By sheer skill probably not. But as you said. Ribery is not expendable and cannot be replaced by anybody in Bayerns squad. He got all the attention in the media and marketing so its only logical that he wins this award. Its a perfect PR machine and gets even more kiddies begging for Messi kits.

Hixx

@SkySportsPeteO 2m
Pardew on Cabaye: "What I have said to YC is I expect him to play this weekend." Is he receptive? "I think so but we'll have to wait & see"

Wow. You let him know who's boss, Pards.
TadkV.gif

It's interesting how's spurs are not deemed as "ruining football"

LOL you idiot. Spurs make money (net profit after tax and player trading) every single year and we're just about to sell Bale for £90m. We balance the books and a cash positive, every single year. If our owner decided one morning to sell the club we would be fine and continue to exist going forwards much the same as we are at the moment. If the Arabs decided to sell Man City to a less wealthy benefactor I could easily see a Leeds style collapse.

qindarka

Banned
LOL you idiot. Spurs make money (net profit after tax and player trading) every single year and we're just about to sell Bale for £90m. We balance the books and a cash positive, every single year. If our owner decided one morning to sell the club we would be fine and continue to exist going forwards much the same as we are at the moment. If the Arabs decided to sell Man City to a less wealthy benefactor I could easily see a Leeds style collapse.

Didn't Spurs record a loss last season?

FootballFan

Ask yourselves, if Messi and Ronaldo did not exist and a player scored 60 goals in a season, would you not vote him as being the best performer?

I think Messi and Ronaldo's ridiculous scoring has made people forget how amazing those type of seasons really are. Before them, if 1 player went out and scored 60 goals everyone would unanimously choose them. That many goals seem ordinary now.

Thanks a lot Ronaldo and Messi.

It started with Ronaldo's insane 42 goal season...few years later Messi took it to 73 lol.

That is ridiculous when you consider some of the greatest strikers to have played rarely/never even got 35+ a season.

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/373053657904058368

Am I ITK?
Do El Confidencial get their stories from GAF?

You decide. But either way I was laughed at for saying this last week.

Ah good ol El Confidencial, the people behind the Messi:

"Hey Puyol, go get injured cunt, pass me the ball" stories.

Hixx

REEL 'ER IN, DC, QUICK! Quick!

GHG

@SkySportsPeteO 2m
Pardew on Cabaye: "What I have said to YC is I expect him to play this weekend." Is he receptive? "I think so but we'll have to wait & see"

Wow. You let him know who's boss, Pards.
TadkV.gif

I don't understand why we do this... We talk to players agents, make lowball bids and make players unsettled. But then we don't follow up with a suitable bid that will secure the player. WTF is the point. I'd hate to be the club at the opposite end of the negotiating table to us.

We are a laughing stock.

Fergie

Banned
2K8z1ki.gif

Any of the PS4 boys interested in a Vita? Nows your chance.

Vita, FIFA13, 10 games (the bundled ones), 8GB memory card, 1 month PS+

£149.99

http://bit.ly/1dSLy3J

Fuck. I just bought mine under 2 weeks ago. Was some pre-owned in really good condition Vita with a 16gb card. For £140.

FIFA 13 is just some rehashed shit on Vita anyways, fuck EA to death.

dc89

Think there's a difference between City being interested, and Casillas being interested.

Ah good ol El Confidencial, the people behind the Messi:

"Hey Puyol, go get injured cunt, pass me the ball" stories.

Anywheres better than Madrid though, right?
RIGHT?

Iker's PR powers are too much, even for you DC.

Oh how I have missed thee. In a hour? I'll be totally free. I am 85, just 2 away Killer, I'm catching up. ;)

I'm not too sure about this you know. I dealt with Balo and Tevez remember.

Didn't Spurs record a loss last season?

Related to the NDP. They capitalised the company with £25m from the group last season from what I remember.

Plus, the football club side was cash positive, despite a ~ £10m loss on player trading. The company made a loss on some property investments and of course £25m used to capitalise a company with basically zero value.

Plasma

Banned
Quagliarella? I think I would rather have Bendtner back in the squad.

What is wrong with the people running our club, we have no plan at all and only 12 fit senior players.

Wilbur

Banned
Man Utd Facebook ‏@MUFC_Facebook 13m
david moyes is sitting @ home eating chowder whEn other clubs immensely sign signing players!! WE NEED PLAYERS

omgkitty

Quagliarella? I think I would rather have Bendtner back in the squad.

What is wrong with the people running our club, we have no plan at all and only 12 fit senior players.

No kidding. Always thought Bendtner was a good striker if he could only get his shit together and get some psychiatric help.

Salvadora

What I LOVE about Wilbury is he recognizes a talent without undermining him or taking credit away from him even when that player plays in a team he really does not like.

If I wanted to ever take a football fan's view on a player with NO bias NO shit slinging and just the FACTS I'll go to Wilbury.
He has yet to acknowledge Giroud's greatness.

Wilbur

Banned
He has yet to acknowledge Giroud's greatness.

Isn't it enough to say that he's fucking beautiful

Isn't it, Salva

I think Giroud's okay actually. Surprises me sometimes with the goals he scores and some nice touches, but its because Arsenal create a bunch of chances that it would be criminal not to score.

He's certainly not good enough to lead the line of a Champions League club, but second choice would be awight

Wilbur

Banned
I think the perfect group from a neutral standpoint would be Barcelona, PSG, Man City and Napoli.

And the shittest group obviously Benfica, Schalke, Olympiakos, Vienna. So I just hope we can take Benfica's place xoxo.

I'm excited. Nervous but excited. No Frogson influence anymore. Juventus is coming. It is known.

omgkitty

I think the perfect group from a neutral standpoint would be Barcelona, PSG, Man City and Napoli.

And the shittest group obviously Benfica, Schalke, Olympiakos, Vienna. So I just hope we can take Benfica's place xoxo.

I'm excited. Nervous but excited. No Frogson influence anymore. Juventus is coming. It is known.

What I want to know is how the fuck is Benfica in pot 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom