• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but that wont be enough to win us the game. So we line up like this?:

Sagna----------Kosc---------Mert-----------Gibbs
-------------------------Flamini-------------------------
------------Wilshire--------------Ramsey-------------
Theo-----------------------------------------Caz--------
------------------------Giroud-----------------------------

I fail to see where goals will come from to be honest. That attack looks as penetrative as a chocolate dildo.

Yeah I wouldnt be betting on Giroud to score the goals for the gunners, terrible striker.

Anderson

“We have a certain amount which we’ve held in reserve. We also have new revenue streams coming on board and all of these things mean we can do some things which would excite you." Ivan Gazidis

gun__1377000736_player_sanogo.jpg

some of arsenal's easiest games have been against portuguese sides.

lol, in the UK, where people fuck goats. every time you come here you collapse:

06/08/11 Benfica 2 - 1 Arsenal
23/11/10 Sporting Braga 2 - 0 Arsenal
17/02/10 Porto 2 - 1 Arsenal
10/12/08 Porto 2 - 0 Arsenal
06/12/06 Porto 0 - 0 Arsenal

you have yet to win a match in portuguese soil, playboy. nothing more than a relegation spot club here.

Salvadora

Ramsey is just in a purple patch at the moment, he's not turned into a prime Lampard/Gerrard overnight despite what Wenger tries to convince us of.
I'm buying into it. I haven't seen Ramsey play this well in an Arsenal shirt ever.

He doesn't fit with Hodgson's hoofball, so he isn't being called up.

Wilbur

Banned
Some tasty Premier League games this weekend, which I am going to predict now because I'm fucking bored as dick:

Manchester City vs Hull City: City will bounce back pretty impressively, Navas is going to roast Figueroa all day but I wouldn't bet against a set piece goal for Hull at some point. Dzeko to keep up the good form. 4 - 1

Cardiff City vs Everton FC: Home form is absolutely imperative for Cardiff and they'll build off what they got last week, but I don't see the momentum getting them a win. A third game without the three points and Martinez is under a tad of pressure, I think. 2 - 2

Newcastle United vs Fulham FC: Newcastle look ridiculously toothless and they'll be coming up against a side who won't attack as much as they did against Arsenal at home. Berba behind Bent will be pretty good on the counter, Parker will drop deep and Cabaye won't play. 0 - 1

Norwich City vs Southampton FC: Can see this potentially being full of goals. Osvaldo should start, both scored a fuckton of goals midweek while resting some players, and I think the Saints will look impressive on the counter when Norwich try a tad too hard to grab all three points. 2 - 3

West Ham United vs Stoke City: Hammers going to be difficult to beat at home, especially against a team who set up in a similar way but are just less effective all over. Think Nolan will profit especially, and Joe Cole could thrive because Adam's slow as fuck. 2 - 0

Crystal Palace vs Sunderland AFC: The midweek comeback will give Sunderland some faith, and Palace are absolutely going to struggle for goals. They don't look too bad in the middle but their bookends just aren't Premier League level. Depends how Sunderland play, but if they apply themselves then I can see them getting the points. 0 - 1

West Bromwich Albion vs Swansea City: Tough start for Swansea continues, but they'll be able to rest players midweek (albeit travelling). I think considering they've got none, they'll see a point as a good result here, and so will WBA after their point at Everton. 1 - 1

Liverpool FC vs Manchester United: I was all ready to call this a draw before Toure got injured and I don't think bringing Skrtel into the fold will affect too much. Liverpool will control possession, Moyes will be a relative pussy, we'll play worse but Liverpool will leave frustrated. 1 - 1

Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur: Spurs have the better squad and will go there feeling confident but Arsenal will do what they do and take away the points. Cazorla's going to be the key man, Soldado will score but will hardly feature because Spurs' wingers aren't up to scratch yet, they'll need Lamela and Lennon to be settled in and fit. 2 - 1

GHG

I'm buying into it. I haven't seen Ramsey play this well in an Arsenal shirt ever.

He doesn't fit with Hodgson's hoofball, so he isn't being called up.

Wat.

He's welsh...

Ramsey is good in comparison to his old shite level. So yes you're right, he's never been this good in an Arsenal shirt. Does that now mean he's good enough to be a nailed on starter for us? No.

omgkitty

Wat.

He's welsh...

Ramsey is good in comparison to his old shite level. So yes you're right, he's never been this good in an Arsenal shirt. Does that now mean he's good enough to be a nailed on starter for us? No.

It sure as hell does right now.

Salvadora

Wat.

He's welsh...

:p
_h0_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

Ramsey should absolutely be a starter for us in his current form.

I'd sooner bench Wilshere at the moment.

Dibbz

you have yet to win a match in portuguese soil, playboy. nothing more than a relegation spot club here.
Why not post the home leg results? Oh right lol

Arsenal 6-0 Sporting Braga
Arsenal 5-0 Porto
Arsenal 4-0 Porto
Arsenal 2-0 Porto

GHG

It sure as hell does right now.

Because we've been conditioned into accepting mediocrity over the last 5 years! So suddenly we see him as the second coming of Cesc Fabregas.

Nevermind the fact that we have no fucking choice because we don't have a big enough squad to cope with a couple of injuries at the moment!

Ugh.

some news during the past 24-48 hours

Malaga confirma Mounir El Hamdaoui loan deal.
Valladolid confirm Fausto Rossi loan deal - good player
Mubarak Wakaso to Rubin Kazan, Espanyol continue to bleed out players.
Sevilla confirm Stephane Mbia, after Monaco got Kondogbia.
Andrea Dossena to Torino - I used to lie this player, before he ruin his career at Liverpool
Ezequiel Schelotto to Sasuolo - what a waste of a move, talented player, he is a carbon copy of Sorin | Gutierrez

faridmon

Cardiff City vs Everton FC: Home form is absolutely imperative for Cardiff and they'll build off what they got last week, but I don't see the momentum getting them a win. A third game without the three points and Martinez is under a tad of pressure, I think. 2 - 2

I agree. Its a bit deflating to see the team not knowing how to get a win, but its early and its a new playstyle, so I'll give Martinez longer chance. I just hope he rotate the squad. Some of those players are not inform and hope he brings players who are more hungry for chances.

Which means that Osman and Jelavic should be benched. Fellaini should be sold as well.

Wilbur

Banned
Man I can't stop watching the unrated Blurred Lines video. That brunette is out of control. Good song, too.

Yeah, its a proper good summer tune.

some news during the past 24-48 hours

Malaga confirma Mounir El Hamdaoui loan deal.
Valladolid confirm Fausto Rossi loan deal - good player
Mubarak Wakaso to Rubin Kazan, Espanyol continue to bleed out players.
Sevilla confirm Stephane Mbia, after Monaco got Kondogbia.
Andrea Dossena to Torino - I used to lie this player, before he ruin his career at Liverpool
Ezequiel Schelotto to Sasuolo - what a waste of a move, talented player, he is a carbon copy of Sorin | Gutierrez

Dossena to Torino? Loooooool Timerda suck on Rafa's outcasts

I did read but CL matches are 2 leg affairs. You don't just point to one leg and go, look see they lost, it means nothing if the aggregate is heavily in favor of the opposition even after a loss.

Yeah, but we lost to Porto after running away with the group (of winning the first leg overwhelmingly) and deciding to send out a second team as it was the last match, obviously we're a bit shit in Portugal.

Mastadon

Banned
Arsene Wenger's Transfer List:
Julio Cesar ✖
Rooney ✖
Fabregas ✖
Higuain ✖
Suarez ✖
Gustavo ✖
Benzema ✖
Kondogbia ✖
Di Maria ✖
Re-sign Flamini ✔

bud

i'm not sure what that has to do with anything. again, some of arsenal's easiest games have been against portuguese sides.

and a draw or losing with a one goal difference = collapsing?

lambda, please understand.

Wilbur

Banned
You get easy groups every year. Don't you want some early excitement?

Not for Moyes' first year, I won't be able to hack it if we go out in the group stages :lol

I'd take Milan probably, and PSG at a push. Not Juventus, not Dortmund, not Napoli, and not Atletico. Wouldn't be too pissed off with anyone else.

Fuck it.

PSG, Galatasaray, Celtic. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom