• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/620251/dossena-vs-man-u-o.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

The year you came second #respect #achievetheimpossible

[quote="odd_morsel, post: 78919537"]Man Utd
Juventus
Dortmund
Napoli[/QUOTE]

I'd genuinely become an outcast

you'll never see me again

unless you happen to be passing a large swathe of shrubbery just before you go onto the a23

Salvadora

VPqdMJL.png

Man. United
Schalke
Olympiakos
Austria Wien

pls

So far you've had a horrible start to the season (fixtures wise) and drawn Liverpool in the CoC. Lady luck is not on your side.

I'm expecting a group of death:

United
Juventus - Pogba's revenge
Dortmund
Napoli
Hope Arsenal get Juventus. Would love to see that.
The banter in here would be something.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene Wenger's Transfer List:
Julio Cesar ✖
Rooney ✖
Fabregas ✖
Higuain ✖
Suarez ✖
Gustavo ✖
Benzema ✖
Kondogbia ✖
Di Maria ✖
Re-sign Flamini ✔

BSxaPcfIgAA-cWr.jpg

So you're telling me there's a chance.gif

qindarka

Banned
2011/12 Group was pretty exciting lol

SL Benfica
FC Basel 1893
Manchester United FC
FC Oţelul Galaţi

It was still an easy group.

Not for Moyes' first year, I won't be able to hack it if we go out in the group stages :lol

I'd take Milan probably, and PSG at a push. Not Juventus, not Dortmund, not Napoli, and not Atletico. Wouldn't be too pissed off with anyone else.

Fuck it.

PSG, Galatasaray, Celtic. Do it.

Why are you more afraid of Atletico and Napoli over PSG?

Anyway, just as long as Chelsea don't get both Dortmund and Juventus/PSG, I'll be somewhat ok with it.

Jack cw

How is Dortmund still in pot three?

Their coeficient must be really shit.

Their coeficient is shit. Got a bit better after last year but still miles away from the top clubs. They havent been participating in the Cl for over 10 years, so they have some catching up to do. Waiting for Milchmonsters concpiracy theory on this :D

That was last season, your defeat with Maritimo was this one. And I just mentioned Maritimo because that defeat is on the same level as Arsenal losing to Villa, I actually think Villa is a much better team than Maritimo, so you mocking Arsenal just seemed a bit dumb.

7th place is more embarrasing, sorry. also means we play at least 6 more games early this season while Sporting sits on their ass doing nothing.

i'm not sure what that has to do with anything. again, some of arsenal's easiest games have been against portuguese sides.

and a draw or losing with a one goal difference = collapsing?

lambda, please understand.

ugh, it shows you're barely competitive when you cross the border. that's why you don't win anything. like, ever.

bud, switch to Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
It was still an easy group.

Why are you more afraid of Atletico and Napoli over PSG?

Anyway, just as long as Chelsea don't get both Dortmund and Juventus/PSG, I'll be somewhat ok with it.

Because Simeone is better than Blanc and Atletico are a better team than PSG. Similarly, Rafa is a very good cup manager. Blanc's out of his depth, I'm not convinced by PSG, they're buying players and shoehorning them in instead of having a coherent plan.

Meier

Celtic going to get Nir Biton, Pukki and Finnbogason done this week.

Nir Biton looks quite talented. City had him on trial a couple times, I think.
I like that kid a lot. For whatever reason, City are always reluctant to buy a player with work permit issues. Most clubs just loan the players out immediately but we seem reticent to do that. Could be a good capture for you all.

Because Simeone is better than Blanc and Atletico are a better team than PSG. Similarly, Rafa is a very good cup manager. Blanc's out of his depth, I'm not convinced by PSG, they're buying players and shoehorning them in instead of having a coherent plan.

yup Simeone may not have a squad full of names, but he knows how to play against bigger clubs, he may no play pretty but he knows his strengths and weaknesses.

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 46s
Uefa president Platini wants Sir Alex Ferguson to 'play a role with us behind the scenes, helping shape the direction of the sport'

Finally we can now have people like Cunyet Cakir on our side!

Wilbur

Banned
Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 46s
Uefa president Platini wants Sir Alex Ferguson to 'play a role with us behind the scenes, helping shape the direction of the sport'

Finally we can now have people like Cunyet Cakir on our side!

The treble is on.

edit: Calling it, Arsenal get Sociedad.

Meier

How did Man City get into Pot 3? They must have taken like 2 points or something in the 2 years they've been in the CL.
Last year was really bad but the season previous was just poor luck. We were the first team to ever get 10 points and not progress.

Jack cw

These pots make no sense at all. Dortmund 2nd in their league, got to CL final last year, Pot 3 :|

This is for being a constant contender in the CL. You get points for winning and other teams where better the last 5 years in the competition. 2 years ago Dortmund had their ass kicked out of the group stage with nearly no points...

Wilbur

Banned
Last year was really bad but the season previous was just poor luck. We were the first team to ever get 10 points and not progress.

I don't think the 'first year in the CL' excuse flies though, as Kermit was so fond of using. Napoli's first year there too and they did wonderfully. 10 points was good, but you were fortunate to come up against a Bayern side already qualified who played a second string side.

If MTV want to become relevant again just have her in the position they put the sign-language translators, but half naked and dancing. I'd never turn it off.

That idea is just 'too' good, imagine if every now and then she does her shoulder dance.

You should contact MTV.

I need to revise my standards to account for tall girls. Think I'll start going by BMI instead of weight.

What's your ideal BMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom