• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Reliably informed he threw his armband into the crowd last night, too.

Yet another starry eyed public stunt by a player feverishly pushing for a move in this window.

I once read on Grand Old Team that Leon Osman is a much better player than Jordan Henderson. Then again I've also seen people claim that Sir Tom is twice the player.

People really are nuts.

dc89

Kaka Quotes

"I want to leave. I think now is the right moment for me and for the club for me to leave amicably . I have spoken to [Real Madrid coach Carlo] Ancelotti and With The club, They all know. "

"Things are Difficult for me now in the team, and the club knows what I want. It's my obligation to work and keep training, but my father is Already working to see if something comes up. I think it's the best thing for me and the club. "

Scum

Kaka Quotes

"I want to leave. I think now is the right moment for me and for the club for me to leave amicably . I have spoken to [Real Madrid coach Carlo] Ancelotti and With The club, They all know. "

"Things are Difficult for me now in the team, and the club knows what I want. It's my obligation to work and keep training, but my father is Already working to see if something comes up. I think it's the best thing for me and the club. "

Off to Milan he goes.

Feorax

A collection of who's who of the unreliable all reporting Torres to Liverpool (Metro, Marca, Caught Offside), with Arsenal monitoring the situation.

€30m for Herrera isn't lowballing at all, in fact if that is genuine bid I'm quite surprised we've even gone that high.

If we pay €36m for him that makes him our record signing at £30.1m.

He is a good player from what i've seen of him but I don't think he's a £30m player. I won't complain, wonderful style of play and the type of player we need but I personally find it hard to believe us offering that kind of money or even the £26m we're reported to have bid.

Scum

A collection of who's who of the unreliable all reporting Torres to Liverpool (Metro, Marca, Caught Offside), with Arsenal monitoring the situation.

He should have gone on loan back to Ath. Madrid two seasons ago. Would have done him good then.

ShogunX

Suarez Quotes

"I want to leave. I think now is the right moment for me and for the club for me to leave amicably . I have spoken to [Liverpool coach Brendan]Rodgers and With The club, They all know. "

"Things are Difficult for me now in the team, and the club knows what I want. It's my obligation to work and keep training, but my agent is already working to see if something comes up. I think it's the best thing for me and the club. "

Standard response.

Caught offside are so shit that it's quite unbelievable how they get mentioned as a source on the likes of the BBC website.

Slizz

Not blaming you or calling you out but why would Marca give a shit? Just cause he's Spanish?

Gonna be nice when the window closes so reporters and journalists actually have to do a job.

Yen

Probably not what we need, especially considering Sturridge is better than him now, but I think I'd be ok with that, even if only for his song. No way FSG would sign him, and I don't think Rodgers would want him.

Clegg

€30m for Herrera isn't lowballing at all, in fact if that is genuine bid I'm quite surprised we've even gone that high.

If we pay €36m for him that makes him our record signing at £30.1m.

He is a good player from what i've seen of him but I don't think he's a £30m player. I won't complain, wonderful style of play and the type of player we need but I personally find it hard to believe us offering that kind of money or even the £26m we're reported to have bid.

£26m seems to be our default opening bid.

Makes you wonder if we really have that much money to spend.

Wilbur

Banned
Guys, I've gone in HAM

LmEy3R1.png

rodvik

Speaking of bad idea reunions the Milner back to Villa rumour is doing the rounds again. I dont see it myself, no way would we pay those wages and frankly the guy is in his prime, I dont see why he would want to go back to a club whose current ambition is to be safely mid table.

Suen

in all seriousness, aside from the trip to France and Greece we should have no problem qualifying.

especially now, that Cardozo is back.
You'll have a Cardozo - Jesus meltdown before CL even start. Get bent.

Madrid - Juve will be very exciting. We will make Conte our bitch which will make Buffon go back to his true team. Pirlo will also realize then that his age is appreciated more in glorious Parma and go with Buffon in January.

Can't wait to see Griezmann, Vela and Seferovic shit all on Moyes Utd

finally :lol Woodenhagen

Pachimari

I wonder when Real Madrid will arrive here in Copenhagen.

I'm giving up on tickets. I won't be able to pay until in 4 hours time and the tickets are already getting sold out.

Ah well, I have set my alarm to 4 in the morning on December 9 if they are coming a day early, cause I want to be the first one at the airport so I can get a picture with the players and autographs.

Oh, and anyone take Kaká off our hands.

Lightning

Banned
I have a sinking feeling that we will sign Gareth Barry on September 2nd.
Why would you think that?

Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosciky, Arteta, Cazorla with Chamberlain to come back. If Barry comes no fucks given because no where for him to play.

Wingers on the other hand? Oh we don't have a fit one... but lets buy another defensive midfielder because that will solve nothing.

Salvadora

Wilbur made the mistake of betting on Arsenal.

People never learn.
Why would you think that?

Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosciky, Arteta, Cazorla with Chamberlain to come back. If Barry comes no fucks given because no where for him to play.

Wingers on the other hand? Oh we don't have a fit one... but lets buy another defensive midfielder because that will solve nothing.
Because he's cheap and nasty, basically.

+deadline day.

Suen

It's a fucking conspiracy, they don't want us to win the trophy for the eighth time. :(
It's Perez bro, we can't let you reach La Decima before us. I'm hoping you guys win but as usual Barca will make you their bitch in Camp Mou, this time with Pique's request for more ref protection!

HSV - Napoli - Nürnberg
Freiburg - Marseille - Gladbach
Hannover - Arsenal - Schlacke
Stuttgart - Arsenal - Wolfsburg
Bayern - Napoli - Mainz
Leverkusen - Marseille - Hoffenheim

Looks great.

Lightning

Banned
Because he's cheap and nasty, basically.

+deadline day.
So you think he will leave City because he won't play to come to Arsenal where he will learn less money and unless we have a horror run of injuries won't play?

I would put more money on if Wenger doesn't get who he wants he willl just roll with who we have and ride his luck again.

Wilbur

Banned
If I was a betting man, I'd stick a sneaky 5-2 Arsenal bid on.

Haven't got Spurs to win in any of them

isthisamistake.gif

What are the teams likely to be? Lets do it in abbreviations

Scz; Sag, Kos, Mer, Gib; Wil, Ram, Ros; Wal, Gir, Caz

Llo; Wal, Daw, Ver, Ros; Cap, Pau, Dem; Tow, Sol, Cha

Slizz

isthisamistake.gif

Unless Spurs get a penalty they probably draw.

K1LLER7

isthisamistake.gif

You bet on West Ham.

They're going to let you down.

Spurs going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom