• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
what the fuck

Tbilisi defender actually on purpose slapped the ball into Defoe's chest in his own penalty box. Ref gives a free kick to Tbilisi

what the fuck

Pachimari

Oh my god guys!!!!!!!!

REAL MADRID is coming to my city (Copenhagen) and will be just around 20 minutes away from me - this can be the closest I can get to realise my dream and get to watch my idols from Madrid together with my family!

Blablurn

1273535_726095974073763_1262178447_o.jpg

Oh my god guys!!!!!!!!

REAL MADRID is coming to my city (Copenhagen) and will be just around 20 minutes away from me - this can be the closest I can get to realise my dream and get to watch my idols from Madrid together with my family!

shouldn't you be rooting for the heroes of Copenhaga?

You could of cleaned your sole by simply telling us all how much of a wrinkly old cunt you are.

i clean my sole with a towel, teenage dad.

Lightning

Banned

Messi

Oh my god guys!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, a great feeling.get dem tickets.

Salvadora

Its a blessing in disguise that this didn't happen. Vieira was a beast between 2000-2004 and Guardiola got banned for testing positive for performance enhancing drugs in his 1st few months in Italy. Then he obviously came off the drugs and was never the same player again.

We would have gained nothing had this happened.
A blessing in disguise indeed, but one of those names that makes you stop and think about what could have been. Definitely not worth losing Vieira over, though.

Maybe he can bring his drugs to England when he takes over from Wenger.

kharma45

Perilously close to losing my shit over Herrera.

I know we'll be linked with every single midfielder between now and the end of the window if we don't sign someone before then. I'm pinning my hopes on Herrera and no one else now, JUST DO IT DAVEY M.

kharma45

From COPE's website

Manchester United have made ​​a formal offer to sign Athletic Ander Herrera. The English club would be willing to pay 30 million euros.

Following the precedents of Javi Martinez and Fernando Llorente, Athletic will not negotiate the transfer of the player, so the only option for Manchester United is is to spend 36 million euros on the clause of the player

http://www.cope.es/detalle/El-Manchester-United-viene-a-por-Ander-Herrera.html

Suen

So I saw the rest of the CL draw result now. Group F seems group of death, we just had to get those tough thugs in our group Arse-GAF, We're fucked and this will be the order:

Dortmund
Napoli
Arsenal/Marseille

Let's enjoy our group exit at least, maybe it will convince Wenger to buy some players in January :(

But we're poor! 11M is too much

Dem Champions League money. We're poor, true, but after yesterday, we're slightly less poor and can afford a dumb transfer.

Of course, this just showed up on my Twitter timeline:
@Milanello said:
Kakà has announced that he will try to leave Real Madrid before Monday. @KAKA
Just when I thought we would've avoided this crap this year.

Fuck.

Don't disappoint me Galliani, get Honda and Astori and let's call it a day.

Empty

fuck. herrara would be a very exciting signing. he's just the kind of player we need in midfield and much better than cleverly.

Clegg

To be fair, it does lend that story credence that you are lowballing.

That's not a story tho. We already KNOW that we're lowballing.

We don't know the reason why tho. Maybe it's because we want to be seen dictating a transfer on our own terms.

Anyway, bidding €6m less than his release clause is a waste of time. That COPE story says Athletic aren't interested in negotiating. The only way we could get Herrera is if we activate his release clause and talk directly with the player.

flippedb

Banned
Dem Champions League money. We're poor, true, but after yesterday, we're slightly less poor and can afford a dumb transfer.

Of course, this just showed up on my Twitter timeline:

Just when I thought we would've avoided this crap this year.

Fuck.

Don't disappoint me Galliani, get Honda and Astori and let's call it a day.

I trust G. Let's see what he plans.

Empty

Anyway, bidding €6m less than his release clause is a waste of time. That COPE story says Athletic aren't interested in negotiating. The only way we could get Herrera is if we activate his release clause and talk directly with the player.

it's not a waste of time. making a credible bid less than the release clause is how we truly know bilbao are only going to accept the (quite high) release clause. where we go from there is what matters.

Arnie

You really should just sign Osman and be done with it. He's one of the select few that actually want to work under David Moyes. At this stage - Beggars cant be choosers.
Reliably informed he threw his armband into the crowd last night, too.

Yet another starry eyed public stunt by a player feverishly pushing for a move in this window.

Clegg

it's not a waste of time. making a credible bid less than the release clause is how we truly know bilbao are only going to accept the (quite high) release clause. where we go from there is what matters.

You just have to look at how unwilling Bilbao were to deal with Bayern even after they'd activated Martinez's release clause. They aren't interested in selling their players.

If we're really after Herrera then we need to activate the clause now and get him asap. Not much time left before the window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom