• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger should be head coach and thats all, let others do the business stuff like fergie and AVB

Fergie was just as much in control as Wenger, think the difference is that he and Gill were very much on the same wavelength.

It feels like at Arsenal Wenger is clashing with some other people at the club.

Shagwell

The full cicle is done. Time for Gourcuff to win it again. <3

Most beautiful footballer on the planet IMO and I'm not ashamed to admit my man crush

936full-yoann-gourcuff.jpg

Plasma

Banned

Yep spot on he has dicked around all summer when we needed reinforcements and we're paying for it now, if he is offered a new contract and we haven't brought in 3-4 quality players I'm going to be livid.

He has been a great manager for us but this summer and the Villa result have just pushed me over the edge if he isn't up for the job anymore we need to start looking for other managers that are. The only thing is I don't trust the board or Gazidis to bring in an adequate replacement so we're kind of screwed either way.

Vitoria de Setubal 1 - 0 Porto (Rafael Martins)
imLivf2i6q4WR.gif

Vitoria de Setubal 1 - 1 Porto (Josué)
iIPpwHWXzr6Hg.gif

Vitoria de Setubal 1 - 2 Porto (Quintero)
iYrboQD9KQwYz.gif

Vitoria de Setubal 1 - 3 Porto (Jackson Martinez)
izDM5rO4jw4ql.gif

Salvadora

Yep spot on he has dicked around all summer when we needed reinforcements and we're paying for it now, if he is offered a new contract and we haven't brought in 3-4 quality players I'm going to be livid.

He has been a great manager for us but this summer and the Villa result have just pushed me over the edge if he isn't up for the job anymore we need to start looking for other managers that are. The only thing is I don't trust the board or Gazidis to bring in an adequate replacement so we're kind of screwed either way.
Yep.

Still think bringing in a DoF would be the best course of action.

So we are back in for Mavrias, imagine as cover for Giak. (He's been 'close' to signing for about 3 centuries)

Paolo is to 'choose' between Paolo De Ceglie and Armand Traore(!?!!?) today. Can we choose neither?

Scott Parker is close to signing for Fulham.

edit: Paolo wants FIVE more players. "A left-back, a winger, two central midfielders and a striker would be perfect"

He is crazy. We will get a left back, a winger and one midfielder and he will fucking like it.
De ceglie is not bad at all for Sunderland.

bobito

Banned
Fergie was just as much in control as Wenger, think the difference is that he and Gill were very much on the same wavelength.

It feels like at Arsenal Wenger is clashing with some other people at the club.

Yeah I guess you're right. Rather then control I sort of meant that fergie didn't try to do everything, while at arsenal I feel like arsene tries to be coach, scout, manager, dinner lady.

L1NETT

Really can't see a good replacement for Wenger around, or at least one who would realistically go there.

Their transfer policy has gone to shit since David Dein left the club and the American Cowboy came in. Who, with the squad they had, would have done better than Wenger.

Clearly by trying to keep to the FFP rules they have lagged seriously behind the petro clubs, and it gonna take a lot more than a new manager to turn that around.

----

As an England fan, please don't let that Daily Fail story be true about the Ox. We are so short on any quality losing him would be a blow.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
damn, the sevilla kit is terribad. what's that in the middle of the shirt supposed to be? a tie?

LTWheels

Why isn't anyone looking at Arda Turan. I think he's decent, would be good at say Liverpool.

He would be easier to sign. He's supposedly is a Liverpool fan and has posted pictures of himself in a Liverpool shirt in the past.

But it's a bit of a let down and not exciting signing. He's always been linked with us for many, many years. Same with Cissokho.

Salvadora

It's widely rumoured that Arsene offered to resign when David Dein left. There was a lot of loyalty there.

Things could've worked out very differently if that had come to pass.

dc89

Why would Turan leave Atletico?

I dunno. But it doesn't stop clubs asking about him.

We've been linked with him for ages. He's a massive LFC fan apparently.

He would be easier to sign. He's supposedly is a Liverpool fan and has posted pictures of himself in a Liverpool shirt in the past.

But it's a bit of a let down and not exciting signing. He's always been linked with us for many, many years. Same with Cissokho.

Ah yes. The old "he's a Liverpool fan" card. I remember when RAWK declared Kun Aguero a Liverpool fan.

Just kidding. But they did.

jtb

Banned
Atletico is in the CL. If Turan were to move, he'd probably wait a season and see if Atletico qualify again before moving.

Timurid

I dunno. But it doesn't stop clubs asking about him.

Ah yes. The old "he's a Liverpool fan" card. I remember when RAWK declared Kun Aguero a Liverpool fan.

Just kidding. But they did.
I guess so, but still i don't see him leaving Madrid anytime soon.
Watermark galore!

For Zabo. (yes I can PM him but fuck that!)

I'll find better ones tomorrow! Night people.
So much ugliness in one post.

subtles

I remember a few years back a picture doing the rounds of Turan's home, he had quite a few Liverpool scarfs. There are quotes everywhere of him declaring his will to play for LFC but we never seem to go for him.

Aye, it's not verified so I've never been certain. Generally been accepted as being legit by people I follow but yeah, not verified. Whether it's a fake or actually him, bravo for the trolling.

Wilbur

Banned
Think this will be a good season tbh, lots of teams strengthened.

Forgot to mention Villa as well. Could be a good 8 teams all battling for seventh place. Means nothing in the table really haha :/ imagine a fucking 20 team fight for the title hnngnghrhrhehe

Forgot to mention Villa as well. Could be a good 8 teams all battling for seventh place. Means nothing in the table really haha :/ imagine a fucking 20 team fight for the title hnngnghrhrhehe

Villa aren't strong enough for that yet, IMO.

I think they'll stay up but the weaknesses of last season will still be there, although less so.

bobito

Banned

Think that would only happen with a salary cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom