• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Villa aren't strong enough for that yet, IMO.

I think they'll stay up but the weaknesses of last season will still be there, although less so.

Yeah it's a stretch to see them finish that high up but if everyone's taking points off each other, it's a good year to make real progress. They'll pick up a fair few points away from home on the counter I think.

Russian premier league m8.

might as well say my Sunday league team

Suen

The full circle is done. Time for Gourcuff to win it again. <3
Gourcuff will never be the next Zidane :(

Lyon are going to choke like a bunch wimps. PSG won the league in Lyon. :D

I'm really worried about OMerde. I read that they're going to sign Thauvin too. :(
Don't forget that PSG will choke as well, the title belongs to Monaco. Btw you're out of Coppa Italia, just to remind you.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Capoue really stood out today, exciting cameo from him. 6 interceptions in half an hour!

Wilbur

Banned
Alex Ferguson's win percentage after two games - 0%

David Moyes' win percentage after two games - 100%

The Moyessiah. Moyeezus. We can't fail.

valeo

To be fair, I do think Arsenal have more cash in the bank than the rest of the pl teams combined. Then again, I could be talking out my arse.

Nope, that's right.

Taking into account debt and other payments (wages etc) we have around ~70-80 to spend.

FootballFan

Alex Ferguson's win percentage after two games - 0%

David Moyes' win percentage after two games - 100%

The Moyessiah. Moyeezus. We can't fail.

Martino's goal difference after first league game = +7

Pep's goal difference after first league game = -1

Martino4lyfe. #triplete

Wilbur

Banned
Serious question Wilb; who would you bring in?

Definitely Fellaini. I think it's achievable for 25m, and at that price I think we'd be silly not to. He isn't one of the world's best but he's proven himself against the best in the league, knows the coach and would improve our midfield.

I'd also bid 35-40m on Modric and Gundogan. The likelihood is they'd both be turned down, but I'd like to see the intent. But I don't want to know about the bids :lol, none of this Fabregas nonsense. I just want them to either sign or we only find out about it after the bid gets rejected or something.

Fellaini defo. One of those two just because it's not my money and I want them to do fuckloads with it.

Suen

Messi's goal difference after first league game = +7

Pep's goal difference after first league game = -1

Messi4lyfe. #triplete
fixed. Let's not pretend that Martino is in control here. Why do you think Neymar started on the bench (and got a yellow card)

noal

Banned
Definitely Fellaini. I think it's achievable for 25m, and at that price I think we'd be silly not to. He isn't one of the world's best but he's proven himself against the best in the league, knows the coach and would improve our midfield.

I'd also bid 35-40m on Modric and Gundogan. The likelihood is they'd both be turned down, but I'd like to see the intent. But I don't want to know about the bids :lol, none of this Fabregas nonsense. I just want them to either sign or we only find out about it after the bid gets rejected or something.

Fellaini defo. One of those two just because it's not my money and I want them to do fuckloads with it.

Fellaini as an absolute minimum. Then need another midfielder. I don't keep up with future stars as much as I used to so I'm not sure who the hell would be available?

To be fair, I do think Arsenal have more cash in the bank than the rest of the pl teams combined. Then again, I could be talking out my arse.

Oh its not that. I'm laughing because I believe it and that we still won't spend any of it.

78455095513815159892848.gif

operon

Too late to get rid of Wenger now far too little time for a new manager coming in and who would they get. Need to get buying now , board need to take over the buying if necessary. I think fenerbahce could really feck up arsenal if they knock them out that will make it that much harder to get players. Suarez will not be to worried about going there at all

Salvadora

"It's the fifth season I've started with Chelsea but the first time Mr Abramovich has come to the dressing room to be with us before the match."
Thought that was an interesting tidbit from Mourinho today.

Clegg

Article by ESPN.

Makes the point that United seem unsure about what they really want. I was talking about it with Viva and we think the club looks more concerned about just getting quality in rather than a player to fulfill a specific function.

United’s list of midfield targets suggests confusion about what they want. Cesc Fabregas is nothing like Marouane Fellaini, who bears no resemblance whatsoever to Luka Modric, who in turn plays in a totally different position to Mesut Ozil.

Article by ESPN.

Makes the point that United seem unsure about what they really want. I was talking about it with Viva and we think the club looks more concerned about just getting quality in rather than a player to fulfill a specific function.

Or, a far more likely theory...the media know fuck all and are just linking United to big players to create traffic

Thought that was an interesting tidbit from Mourinho today.

Ye it is. Perhaps he wants to keep a close relationship, or maybe it was just because it was the opening day.

Speaking of us, I thought Jose was right about his analysis, 3 behind Torres were great first half and were useless second half. However KdB was shooting too much, Lampard style, but had no-where near the accuracy and ended up wasting quite a lot. Very pleased heres there this season though.

Anyone know where Mikel was? He wasn't on the bench...

operon

Article by ESPN.

it smacks off wanting to buy a marquee player to make a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom