• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Am I the only one crazy enough to transfer in Shevely (sp?) on FF? He looked great against United.

A few players impressed me this weekend.

I'm seriously considering using my wildcard having my goalkeeper injured, Koscielny suspended and God knows what else.

Jack cw

Finally back from vacation and hello guys :)
1094474_719130194770341_1391775402_o.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italian news agency ANSA says two Juventus fans are in hospital after being stabbed ahead of Italian Super Cup match vs Lazio

The two fans, aged 27 and 28, were taken to Rome's Policlinico Gemelli, with stab wounds to their backside

-_-

The Echo article is hilarious

Everton are shocked, livid, affronted, wild, disgusted, outraged, perturbed, incandescent, enervated and so on.

Wank wank wank wank wank
Why wouldn't they be?

United + Moyes are taking the piss. Pathetic bid. Offering what they offered for Baines over a month ago which was rejected then + £16m for Fellaini.

What a joke.

FootballFan

[insert the last line of the episode]

But seriously guys, is it too much to ask? There's a BB thread for all your clever one liners.

The worst is posting spoiler gifs from latest episode when people know others here are catching up. I'm up to date and still get annoyed, so many other gifs to use out there.

bobito

Banned
For the record you're referring to a show that is made specifically for creepy fanboys. This isn't a mainstream story that is widely accepted in Japan. There is a glut of great anime and manga that is nowhere near this type of garbage.

You see this type of stuff show up on Gaf because of the nature of people who watch it. If you want to know what happened to anime/manga that isn't about panties, incest, tiny "1000 year old" girls and their master-slave relationships with huge-titted clumsy sluts, and all that other shit, well it's still there, it's just not what people choose to focus on overseas.

Japan clearly has a knack for accommodating a special type of "sousyoku dansi" (herbivore boys) all over the world who embrace and support stuff like My Little Sister isn't Supposed to be this Cute (-inho).

I hate pretty much all the Japanese content/culture that is exported to the uk. I'v always assumed that was the stuff bought over because freaks want it, not because japan is one giant cesspit of losers.

BT did not make their monthly cutoff date the day before the season started, meaning people who ordered it just before Saturday (like me) had to pay for an entire month for 2 days' access, surely? Cheeky bastards.

Not impressed at all so far.

LTWheels

The Echo also reckon Willian will be deciding between LFC and Spurs over the next two days.

Best to move on now and consider him a Spurs player already. No point getting hopes up.

That article thinks that Ilori may be back on as the player is refusing to sign a contract at Sporting. We are going to swoop in with a compensation fee.

Manager

David Moyes on transfers (while at Everton): "We cannot be getting offers a week or two to go before the end of the deadline."

Moyes slams Man City over Lescott

Joleon Lescott (left) and David Moyes (right)
Moyes brought Lescott to Everton from Wolves in 2006
Everton boss David Moyes says Manchester City's continued pursuit of Joleon Lescott is "disgusting".
City boss Mark Hughes had suggested he would go above Moyes' head, but the Scot said he would decide whether the England centre-back would leave.
"I hear City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me," said Moyes.
"They way it has been handled is disgusting and all it has done is disrupted our club."

The Toffees have turned down a transfer request from the 26-year-old Lescott and have rejected bids of £15m and £18m for him from City.
An indignant Moyes criticised City for the manner in which they have conducted themselves over the transfer saga.

"It has not been handled correctly from over there (City)," he said.
"We do not do our business in public, we would go to the right people to find out what is happening."

The 46-year-old drew unfavourable comparisons with City's approach and the way in which Real Madrid conducted business with Manchester United over the £80m transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo.
"That deal was done immediately in the summer, giving United a chance to replace him," he said. "There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window. (14th of august)
"Most clubs will have a price for a player. The offers were not big enough.
"We think the world of him, as a centre-half and a left-back. He gives us two players in one.
"City paid £12m for Gareth Barry with one year left on his contract. Lescott has four-and-a-half years on his contract left."

Moyes also admitted that the issue had hampered Everton's preparations for the new season and suggested this may have been City's intention.
"It has disrupted us," he said. "They have been talking about it and we have not been talking about the start of the season, that has been disruptive. So maybe that's what the overall plan was."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8199370.stm

He hasn't talked about him much now I guess, but he did about Fabregas. Price bit is a bit funny if that bid above is true.

Free with every retail copy, I heard they wanted to spin it off as its own thing.

Cheers. I was confused by somebody gaming-side constantly implying that SP and MP are basicaly seperate games

If there's a free-aim lobby, that's how we're rolling whether you cunts like it or not

Wes

venison crêpe
@GuardianJamieJ 5m

Game on now (and finally) in last days of window for #mufc as #mcfc continue to beaver away quietly for a defender

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs U21s vs CIty U21s today. We started well beating Chelsea 4-2, hopefully we carry on.

Are the EDS still shit?

Why are United making these pathetic lowball bids? What are they hoping to achieve?

Same reason all big clubs start low, to get the player agitating for a move.

Mastadon

Banned
I feel that the narrative has shifted somewhat with the ability of players being able to agitate for moves. Suarez, Bale and to a lesser extent Rooney have all been handled well by their respective clubs and it seems to have restored the balance of power somewhat.

Manager

I feel that the narrative has shifted somewhat with the ability of players being able to agitate for moves. Suarez, Bale and to a lesser extent Rooney have all been handled well by their respective clubs and it seems to have restored the balance of power somewhat.

They even didn't get a golf trip, respect.

Speaking of Tevez, is it true he looked even slower for Juve yesterday, anyone? He lost a yard last season, many say that was the main reason for his somewhat poor season.

Clegg

Everton aren't going to sell two of their best players to us. They're especially not going to sell for only £28m when Fellaini had a buyout of £23m only a few weeks ago. They're well within their rights to demand more for him now.

I suppose this is could just be a negotiating tactic and we'll come back with an improved bid. But £28m is an insultingly low first offer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Jesus, Ian Holloway chats some shite

Can't stand the bloke. He was talking utter bollocks after the match yesterday. He's lucky they didn't concede two more penalties, there were obvious fouls on Paulinho and Sigurdsson that weren't punished.

Can't stand the bloke. He was talking utter bollocks after the match yesterday. He's lucky they didn't concede two more penalties, there were obvious fouls on Paulinho and Sigurdsson that weren't punished.

Whinging about not being given a foul that occurred seemingly a full minute and a half before the penalty decision, which was clearly correct anyway. Then starts going on about the fact that they had covering defenders from the cross which was handled, as if that makes any difference whatsoever when it comes to handball decisions. Utter knobend

Why wouldn't they be?

United + Moyes are taking the piss. Pathetic bid. Offering what they offered for Baines over a month ago which was rejected then + £16m for Fellaini.

What a joke.

Given his release clause a few weeks ago, Fellaini won't go for less than 23m, if that. And we'd probably have to spend closer to 20m for Baines too, which would be a misplaced signing IMO.

What's happened to our scouts?

Given his release clause a few weeks ago, Fellaini won't go for less than 23m, if that. And we'd probably have to spend closer to 20m for Baines too, which would be a misplaced signing IMO.

Yep no point signing Baines if it's as much as that.

We should trigger Kondogbia's release clause. €20m/£17m isn't it.

Fergie

Banned

It's the Woodward bloke.

Does he really think Everton are desperate and will accept these shitty bids? They haven't even increased the Baines price since the first bid. I don't know what's going on, should have kept Gill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom