• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Regarding Manchester United's failed Fellaini-Baines bid: The Guardian's Manchester correspondent Jamie Jackson has been in touch and says United are hoping that there is not much of a market out there for Fellaini and that the reason for waiting with the bid was to get closer to the 2 September deadline and so force Everton's hand.

Wait until the last minute coz we think Everton need to sell.

This won't end well for us.

Salazar

morsel, I know you probably go to maid cafes and pay the skinniest girls to laugh at jokes like that

but we a tougher crowd

Slizz

Hey guys, Man Utd fan checking in here to review the PL matches from this weekend.

Liverpool vs. a team
The team were completely shit, I guess Liverpool is ok because they won, but whatever

Man Utd vs. a team
OMG Yes!! Couldnt pull my finger off my taint I just kept rubbing it raw, mom said I need to put ointment on it but I dont care LOL! God Man UTd are the BEST!

:lol

Why you so mad?

I also seem to remember the majority of people posting during the riveting Stoke vs. Liverpool match complimenting Pool on their sexy football.... Then chuckling at the yet still inconsistent finishing.

Linius

Ajax - Feyenoord 2-1

Meh, one of the worst ''Klassiekers'' I ever saw, didn't feel Ajax deserved the win, they played terrible in the 2nd half.

You seem to be the first one who forgets to mention we should have easily scored four goals in the first half.

subtles

You now shit has hit the fan when you read a Breaking News tweet as Breaking Bad. Mind you I haven't watched it at all. All I know about the show is that there's a bald guy with hipster glasses who deals drugs.

It's all over the internet though which either makes it very good or over hyped.

I've heard great things about Steinsgate. If it helps, I blew through Madoka a fortnight ago and thought it was amazing. Possibly in my top 5, even if I don't watch much anime.

Yeah I'm half way through at the moment. One of the braver 'Genre Deconstruction' in the medium. I'm getting Steins;Gate this week but I want to finish this first.

Scum

YsEkiuJ.jpg

QQ
He's going to be a terror for Juve. o_O

That new Dead Rising 3 trailer is the biggest load of shite I've seen in quite some time.

Capcom have lost their touch.

LTWheels

tbh, looking at Stokes results from last season, they mostly lost 1-0, or 2-1. They are strong defensively. It's not as if teams were trashing them week in week out.

1-2 to Spurs
0-2 to United
1-0 to Everton
0-1 to City
etc.

rvy

Banned
To reunite with his French U21 world cup winning colleague, Sanogo.

:(
We're not a mid-table club yet.

Well, I'm like that kid from The Sixth Sense, but instead of seeing dead people I see the future.

I'm sure Wenger's french can be persuasive, but it makes no sense to leave Juve for Arsenal.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wait until the last minute coz we think Everton need to sell.

This won't end well for us.

Or, ya know, not let a release clause expire and get him for less then we will have to pay now

Scum

tbh, looking at Stokes results from last season, they mostly lost 1-0, or 2-1. They are strong defensively. It's not as if teams were trashing them week in week out.

1-2 to Spurs
0-2 to United
1-0 to Everton
0-1 to City
etc.

Hughes isn't going to help them.

Salvadora

Well, I'm like that kid from The Sixth Sense, but instead of seeing dead people I see the future.

I'm sure Wenger's french can be persuasive, but it makes no sense to leave Juve for Arsenal.
I agree, I think it's probably Sky News bullshit. The French connection links us with quite a few unlikely transfer targets.

Strange, Grenier isn't what we need.

It would be such a Wenger signing however.

But we do need a AM (and a midfield general), we have no creativity aside from Cazorla. I would've been skeptical about Grenier at the time too, but through pre-season, the start of this one and his new French caps, he seems primed for a breakout year.

Nyx

In your opinion, was Twente that good or Utrecht that bad.

A little bit of both I guess, everything worked out for Twente (see that panic kick from their keeper which ended up in a goal at the other end) while Utrecht missed a big chance in the 2nd minute to see 2 goals for Twente within 7 minutes.

Utrecht has zero confidence atm so it was an easy game for Twente after the 2-0, almost all Utrecht players didn't want the ball anymore. (except for Ayoub)

Salvadora

But we do need a AM (and a midfield general), we have no creativity aside from Cazorla. I would've been skeptical about Grenier at the time too, but through pre-season, the start of this one and his new French caps, he seems primed for a breakout year.
In terms of priorities I think it should be:
  1. Striker
  2. Goalkeeper
  3. Defensive midfielder
  4. CB
If we signed a DM we could push people forward. From what I've heard Grenier is very inconsistent (in Ligue 1!). I agree about the lack of creativity though, for a lot of last season we looked so stale and predictable. Cazorla is being overworked +injuries, old and new.

Clegg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*sob*

On the stories at the weekend about Modric and Man Utd, Moyes definitely was interested (even spoke to Harry Redknapp for background info) but also had reservations about whether he sometimes 'disappeared' in big games. Latest info was that they wouldn't be going for him. The same with Cabaye at Newcastle.

Moyes clearly doesn't want to make a pig's ear of his first signings and likes to do a lot of research on potential targets. The problem is he hasn't shopped at this level before so it's all from scratch.

For example, Utd had been looking at Thiago for three years. Moyes thought long and hard about going with the recommendations of the scouting staff but, in the end, just didn't feel comfortable with it and decided (rightly or wrongly) Fábregas was the better choice. On Fábregas, it's "low probability" - they see it as a staring contest between Barca and Fábregas and their info is still that he is not as settled as he makes out (far from it). I can't see it happening myself and I'm surprised they haven't put in a bid that would make Barça think about it a bit more seriously."

subtles

Moyes is amazing. Best thing to happen to United. Keep doing your research Moyes, I'm sure you'll write a paper on how Liverpool won the league at the end of the season.

Wilbur

Banned
Hey guys, Man Utd fan checking in here to review the PL matches from this weekend.

Liverpool vs. a team
The team were completely shit, I guess Liverpool is ok because they won, but whatever

Man Utd vs. a team
OMG Yes!! Couldnt pull my finger off my taint I just kept rubbing it raw, mom said I need to put ointment on it but I dont care LOL! God Man UTd are the BEST!

Welcome bro get lambda to add you to the OP hope you like fat bitches

Scum

In terms of priorities I think it should be:
  1. Striker
  2. Goalkeeper
  3. Defensive midfielder
  4. CB
If we signed a DM we could push people forward. From what I've heard Grenier is very inconsistent (in Ligue 1!). I agree about the lack of creativity though, for a lot of last season we looked so stale and predictable. Cazorla is being overworked +injuries, old and new.

1. Higuain
2. Mignolet/Cesar/Begovic
3. Gustavo
4. Sakho

Wenger's bored. He can't be arsed anymore.

I rembwe the whole "Modric doesn't do it in big games" argument from 2/3 years ago when United/Chelsea were sniffing around too.

Whoops.

subtles

You can publish papers on Fantasy stories?

The reds are coming up the hill boys,
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

They all laugh at us
They all mock at us
They all say our days are numbered.

Born to be a Scouse
Victorious are we,
If you wanna win a cup
Then you'd better hurry up
Cos we're Liverpool FC

Which season?

We've won it 5 times

We won it at Wem-b-ely (sic)
We won it in Gay Paris
In 77 and 84 it was Rome

We've won it 5 times
We've won it 5 ti-imes
in Istanbul, we won it 5 times

When Emlyn lifted it high
He lit up the Roman sky
Thommo in Paris and Souness did it aswell

We've won it 5 times
We've won it 5 ti-imes
in Istanbul, we won it 5 times

At Wembley we won it at home
Took 26,000 to Rome
20,000 to Paris where we won it again (won it again)

We've won it 5 times
We've won it 5 ti-imes
In Istanbul, we won it 5 times

Stevie G's eyes lit up
As he lifted the European Cup
21 years and the cup was coming back home (coming back home)

We've won it 5 times
We've won it 5 ti-imes
In Istanbul, we won it 5 times.

We'll bring it back home
We'll bring it back hooooome
In Rome
We'll bring it back home

Is he doing a history degree in the evenings?
Here's a song about a football team
The greatest team you've ever seen
A team that play total football
They've won the league, Europe and all

Chorus:

A Liverbird upon my chest
We are the men, of Shankly's best
A team that plays the Liverpool way
And wins the Championship in May

With Kenny Dalglish on the ball
He was the greatest of them all
And Ian Rush, four goals or two
Left Evertonians feeling blue

Now if you go down Goodison Way
Hard luck stories you hear each day
There's not a trophy to be seen
'Cos Liverpool have swept them clean

Chorus

Now on the glorious 10th of May
There's laughing reds on Wembley Way
We're full of smiles and joy and glee
It's Everton 1 and Liverpool 3

Chorus

Now on the 20th of May
We're laughing still on Wembley Way
Those Evertonians feeling blue
at Liverpool 3 and Everton 2

Chorus

And as we sang round Goodison Park
With crying blues all in a nark
They're probably crying still
at Liverpool 5 and Everton 0

Chorus

We remember them with pride
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side
And Kenny's boys of '88
There's never been a side so great

Chorus

Now back in 1965
When great Bill Shankly was alive
We're playing Leeds, the score's 1-1
When it fell to the head of Ian St John

Chorus

On April 15th '89
What should have been a joyous time
Ninety-six friends, we all shall miss
And all the Kopites want justice

JUSTICE!

Chorus

subtles

I don't care if you stroke each other's manhood as long as we get Willian.

I haven't said this before but seriously:

Fuck Bayern

Tc91

Haha ITV pls.

The 20 year-old central midfielder moved to Juventus last summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract at Old Trafford, and may be tempted to join Arsenal with the promise of regular first team football.

37 games last season. Where do they come up with this shit?

Messi

My nose it would seem bled like a faucet during the night. Lips and nose covered, as is my pillow.

This is a bit scary :( I don't want to be bleeding in my sleep.

Wes

venison crêpe
Haha ITV pls.

37 games last season. Where do they come up with this shit?

I think they mean, he would consider joining Arsenal if they played him regularly, not that he didn't get regular games at Juve.

I think it's all poppycock anyway - why would he leave.

Linius

Probably DC'ing since we have a couple of more Dutchies in here. But some little boy (11 years old) from Groningen is moving to La Masia. Signed a five year deal with Barcelona. Yeah, a little kid signed a contract at a foreign football club. It must be pretty exciting for the boy but I don't think we should want this in our sport.

Salvadora

Wow, can't believe Everton came out and said those bids were insulting. They might pull a Fulham and try to sell to another club.
1. Higuain
2. Mignolet/Cesar/Begovic
3. Gustavo
4. Sakho

Wenger's bored. He can't be arsed anymore.
1. I think Higuain would have possibly been an Arsenal player if Madrid had a manager earlier. Should have moved for Soldado/Negredo at least.
2. Yes, lack of movement on these players is inexcusable. Szczesny cost us the first goal which massively contributed to the loss. Who cares about developing young players if they're shit.
3. Gustavo was worth the price that Wolfsburg payed, easily. The wages shouldn't have been too much either (especially given the current climate). We can rant against the modern market as much as we like, but we have to live with it. Player might've preferred to stay in Germany, though.
4. I suppose there's still time with this one. Not hopeful, as it's clear that Wenger doesn't see that this is a problem area.

TrueBlue

Yeah I'm half way through at the moment. One of the braver 'Genre Deconstruction' in the medium. I'm getting Steins;Gate this week but I want to finish this first.

I think Madoka is one of the few shows to make me go "oh shit!" with each episode. Dat third episode man, really does set the tone for everything, and it only gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom