• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mrrko8Ppe31qcxfxbo1_500.gif

Involved in all goals and scored one of them. <3

Don't.

Haha Lichtsteiner <3

He's already a fan favourite, and I hope he sticks around for a few more years and becomes a club legend. Could happen if we do really well in Champions and win the scudetto this year.

Yep no point signing Baines if it's as much as that.

We should trigger Kondogbia's release clause. &#8364;20m/£17m isn't it.

I'd love to get him. I really wanted Gustavo too, but Fellaini is a decent signing. I'm just a little underwhelmed; I expected the media reports that Moyes would go back to Everton for Baines and Fellaini to be lazy speculation, but it's become the reality.

It's the Woodward bloke.

Does he really think Everton are desperate and will accept these shitty bids? They haven't even increased the Baines price since the first bid. I don't know what's going on, should have kept Gill.

Probably designed to unsettle the players, but this close to the end of the window, the chances of it backfiring are pretty serious. The shift from early, behind-the-scenes deal-making to loud, public bids has been jarring.

Kenka

Haha Lichtsteiner <3

He's already a fan favourite, and I hope he sticks around for a few more years and becomes a club legend. Could happen if we do really well in Champions and win the scudetto this year.
Lulic and Licht back to Switzerland, please bitch.

dc89

Will be interesting to see if Vieira can fix it. Did you see the u18? One man down and got 4-4 from 1-4. Wilcox seems smart in the interview, really hope they'll start pperforming again.

There is no doubt about it - we have talented young players.

The problem we face is giving them first team opportunities. That's why the best, the likes of Roman and now Suarez up stakes and leave.

Suarez hasn't gone yet, but it's expected for a measly amount of money too.

Clegg

But United’s offer, which was made by chief executive Ed Woodward only 48 hours before the start of the new Premier League season, is understood to have left considerable bad feeling on Merseyside – especially given that Fellaini's true market value is widely considered to be in excess of the £23.5m clause in his contract which expired on July 31.

So not only did we bid what Everton paid for Fellaini years ago. Now we've pissed off the club who we should be trying to get on with. Bidding £16m for Fellaini is insultingly low. I'm almost certain Everton value him higher than the £23m release clause. Why not bid for him weeks ago then?

So not only did we bid what Everton paid for Fellaini years ago. Now we've pissed off the club who we should be trying to get on with. Bidding £16m for Fellaini is insultingly low. I'm almost certain Everton value him higher than the £23m release clause. Why not bid for him weeks ago then?
Seriously man, don't wanna be too cynical...but the cynic theories are starting to look sensible.

Kenka

Could anyone explain what is dodgy in this pic from last year ? I cound it by chance and wanted to know what went wrong with these dealings:

BOLoB2hCIAEHF9h.jpg:large

DominoKid

especially given that Fellaini's true market value is widely considered to be in excess of the £23.5m clause in his contract which expired on July 31.

fuck that.

it's amateur hour. actually scratch that. amateurs could probably do a better job in the market than we have this summer.

Salazar

it's amateur hour. actually scratch that. amateurs could probably do a better job in the market than we have this summer.

Fly helicopters over Goodison every half hour dropping tiny parachute-crates filled with pound notes.

And hire a skywriter to put "MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM, KENWRIGHT YOU FUCK. THE TV MONEY WON'T STRETCH THAT FAR" up there.

pappe

This is embarrassing stuff. What the fuck are Woodward and Moyes thinking? At this rate we are not gonna sign anyone.

Manager

There is no doubt about it - we have talented young players.

The problem we face is giving them first team opportunities. That's why the best, the likes of Roman and now Suarez up stakes and leave.

Suarez hasn't gone yet, but it's expected for a measly amount of money too.

I don't get why Suarez was left out of the Arsenal game. But people watching the eds says that he isn't all that.

With better depth, I hope he now can mix a bit more in the carling with youngsters. Last year we had to see Kolarov, Barry, Garcia, Sinclair and Milner together in the cups(stopping Mancini from gambling with youngsters). This year, with maybe more rested and better players, there might be a spot for a youngster here and there. If the attack works, City might quickly go leading against some teams, giving youngsters a chance to be subbed on too...

Manager

Interesting choices for Pellegrini tonight.

Negredo or Dzeko?
Navas or Milner?
Clichy or Kolarov?
Richards or Zabaleta?

He's given all players the same amount of time, no hints at who will be his first choices.

Maybe:
Zabaleta kompany Lescott Clichy
Yaya Fernandinho
Navas Jovetic Silva
Dzeko

Nyx

Watched a lot of football in the weekend.

Arsenal - Villa 1-3

Loved it, Arsenal was pretty bad especially up front, Villa played like a team and won deservedly. Was impressed by Gabby!

Swansea - Man U 1-4

Hoped for a Swansea win and while they played pretty good in the beginning, the class of Van Persie was just too much. After the 0-2 I felt Swansea lost confidence in a good result.

Ajax - Feyenoord 2-1

Meh, one of the worst ''Klassiekers'' I ever saw, didn't feel Ajax deserved the win, they played terrible in the 2nd half.

Twente - Utrecht 6-0

What can I say, an absolutely abominable performance by Utrecht...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Highlights from last night. (nice goals I promise)

Haha Lichtsteiner <3

I can't believe we ALMOST sold him to PSG.

What was it again? Selling him for a mere 30M to help finance Isla's transfer? What an almost-fuck-up of biblical proportion.

tvy.gif

jesus pls

So much potential in this gif :lol :lol

rvy

Banned
Sporting beat Arouca. i'll reserve judgment till they beat a team not comprised of part-time carpenters and McDonalds burger flippers.

Sure, but Jardim is a good coach, unlike the headless chicken with perfect tactics that we do. Jardim's only problem is that he usually bangs the President's wife and gets fired.

dc89

This whole Woodward farce thing. It's kharma bitches.

You all laughed at Marwood, but this guy, Woodward, he's 20 times worse.
:loooooool

Clegg

I still can't fathom bidding the same amout for Baines which Everton turned down last month. Almost as bad as bidding what Everton paid for Fellaini 5 years ago.

Although I do think we might be trying to get Marouane to hand in a transfer request to lower his price. Maybe we think Everton will sell if he says he wants to leave? This would be rather ironic when you consider our position on Rooney.

arkon

I don't doubt that it's for a niche audience, I'm not saying there isn't great stuff, I'm just saying that this weird shit is too prevalent at GAF for me to really enter these threads (for longer than a few glances at whether there's anything interesting "normal"). I don't mind that people like that, I don't care what people like, I'm just saying that maybe it would be great if we could get a separate thread for the...more specific mangas instead of one huge Manga thread where you're sort of forced to endure the creepy shit.

I think there maybe some threads for specific manga just like there are some for specifc anime although I can't think of any off hand. If you're interested but don't want to brave the manga community thread why not make a thread in off topic asking for recommendations?

GorillaJu

I don't doubt that it's for a niche audience, I'm not saying there isn't great stuff, I'm just saying that this weird shit is too prevalent at GAF for me to really enter these threads (for longer than a few glances at whether there's anything interesting "normal"). I don't mind that people like that, I don't care what people like, I'm just saying that maybe it would be great if we could get a separate thread for the...more specific mangas instead of one huge Manga thread where you're sort of forced to endure the creepy shit.

Yeah, well you said "what happened to the manga that wasn't about <creepy fanboy tastes>" so I wanted to chime in to tell you it's still there, people just don't really talk about it on Gaf :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watched a lot of football in the weekend.

Arsenal - Villa 1-3

Loved it, Arsenal was pretty bad especially up front, Villa played like a team and won deservedly. Was impressed by Gabby!

Swansea - Man U 1-4

Hoped for a Swansea win and while they played pretty good in the beginning, the class of Van Persie was just too much. After the 0-2 I felt Swansea lost confidence in a good result.

Ajax - Feyenoord 2-1

Meh, one of the worst ''Klassiekers'' I ever saw, didn't feel Ajax deserved the win, they played terrible in the 2nd half.

Twente - Utrecht 6-0

What can I say, an absolutely abominable performance by Utrecht...

I like this review idea, i will add mine

Liverpool v Stoke
Stoke are horrendous going forward, not only a lack of ideas but a complete lack of mechanical skill to either build up the play or force their hand. Liverpool were very good the first half hour but tapered off, its hard to judge them given the quality of opposition and keeping it at 1 goal for 90 minutes im sure would have worrierd their fans, especially given the late penalty call. But regardless they got through it and despite a dodgy start Mig did the business.

Swansea v Man United
Cant say im anything but thrilled, probably mostly for Wellbeck since this should give him some real confidence, also lovely to see RVP as good as before. Hard to make overall judgements but its nice we won when we were on the back foot, Swansea came to play and it felt like they exhausted themselves over 30 minutes where they had possession, but created very little. Rooney coming on was nice, but im ready to see the back of him, the saga has drained me and I want it over with. I think Swansea will be fine and I am confident we can put in a good showing this season.

Crystal Palace v Tottenham
Found the game incredibly boring personally, wasnt overly impressed by Spurs, though they did create a lot of chances. They looked far more dangerous with Defoe running at the Palace defence than their new forward. Palace looked limp, pretty much like all the newly promoted teams which is a shame. Hard to judge Tottenham without Bale so ill reserve judgement, I think Palace could be in trouble though.

Chelsea v Hull
First half hour was electric for Chelsea, they went to top gear as soon as the whistle went which was a surprise to me, but it was lovely football. Hull looked out of place in the premiership and at 2-0 i expected 5 or 6. Chelsea took their foot off the gas and killed the game after 40 minutes which made the rest of the game very boring to watch. Hard to judge Chelsea or Hull given this game was written off as a freebie for Chelsea from the start.

Rad-

This Woodward guy seems like a proper genius.

Woodie: Hey we give 12 million for Baines.
Everyton: No.
Woodie: Okay, then how about 12 million?

GorillaJu

Hey guys, Man Utd fan checking in here to review the PL matches from this weekend.

Liverpool vs. a team
The team were completely shit, I guess Liverpool is ok because they won, but whatever

Man Utd vs. a team
OMG Yes!! Couldnt pull my finger off my taint I just kept rubbing it raw, mom said I need to put ointment on it but I dont care LOL! God Man UTd are the BEST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom