• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

I think they mean, he would consider joining Arsenal if they played him regularly, not that he didn't get regular games at Juve.

I think it's all poppycock anyway - why would he leave.

Don't know, it's just a made up story.

Should sell us Marchisio and start him, he's gonna be one of the best in the world in a few years.

Tuttosport: PSG might loan Sakho to Milan before the end of August.

Please be true. Oh God please be true. I know it's Tuttosport, but please be true.

subtles

I can't wait for when we crush you guys in the Champi...oh.
I can't wait for when Schalke crushes you guys in the Europ....oh.

Oh.

tumblr_mnj30a2S9I1qdwir8o1_500.gif

Reus is going to tear you up. Take you to a time before last season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arturo Vidal has confirmed he will soon put pen to paper on a new contract with Italian giants Juventus.

The Chilean was wanted by some of Europe’s top clubs this summer, but the Italian champions are set to tighten their grip on him.

“I’m staying in Turin,” the midfielder told calciomercato.it. “The renewal will be done after the transfer market closes. There are no doubts about it.”

The midfielder’s agent, Fernando Felicevich, was at the Stadio Olimpico last night as the Old Lady beat Lazio 4-0 in the Italian Super Cup Final.

Sorry, Madrid.

Please be true. Oh God please be true. I know it's Tuttosport, but please be true.

We're still waiting for Messi.

i'm ready to see Citay tear Newcastle a new one.

also, 2 transfer rumours i'm seeing floating around:

- Zenit going for Salvio

- Roma going for Nani

L1NETT

what the hell is this clown doing? Everton won't sell to us on principal now.

I may be wrong, but Everton as many other clubs will be doing (hence the long sagas of Bale etc) are trying to hold out for as much money as possible. If United came in with a much larger offer now, it may just inflate their prices even either when the inevitable last few days scramble occurs when clubs become desperate, and the selling clubs know they will.I always bring it up, but bidding £12m for RVP last year was just as derisory and insulting and this joint Baines and Fellani bid.

Salvadora

I may be wrong, but Everton as many other clubs will be doing (hence the long sagas of Bale etc) are trying to hold out for as much money as possible. If United came in with a much larger offer now, it may just inflate their prices even either when the inevitable last few days scramble occurs when clubs become desperate, and the selling clubs know they will.I always bring it up, but bidding £12m for RVP last year was just as derisory and insulting and this joint Baines and Fellani bid.
I don't know, bidding the exact same amount for a player twice is pretty special.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wenger wants Cabaye lol

Is he going to stop the Agbonlahors of the world running straight past their midfield? I suppose the dirty twat might try to break their legs, like the old Arsenal.

Wenger doesn't seem to understand what's wrong with his team.

Loan? Put an option to buy on there and this is a classic Galliani move. That would also be great because I'm convinced we are saving some cash for a late August signing if we qualify for the CL . . . So we could get Sakho+Ljajic.

Though to be fair, Tuttosport is almost never right about anything

Clegg

It's just a transfer bid, fucking hell.

But then again Kenwright was pretty much in tears when Moyes left, no surprise he's taken this to heart.

It's a strange statement too, just look at the wording

"The club did not make public these details as it was vital as it was vital Roberto Martinez's preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in any way."

But now they'll go ahead and disrupt his preparations for the second? What are Everton trying to do here?

subtles

I think I'd be too busy running away as fast as I can. Well, that and getting other people to fall down so the monkey have an easy target to keep them busy.

But the crops....you'd let them go to waste? Typical Bayern. Sell your bench.

They're a lot smarter than people give them credit for. Believe me. They even throw pebbles early in the morning to make sure no one's at home. I wish I went back this summer....

Ushojax

It's 5-3 to Spurs in the U21 match against City. Sandro, Carroll and Townsend all started for us.

We've got a different backline this season but we're still scoring goals, 9 in 2 games.

dc89

Arsenal bid for Kebab?
Hmmmm. Interesting.

I could actually see Kinnear sending them an actual donner kebab instead of a human being.

Ushojax

Some bloke who writes for the Times says Arsenal bid £10m for Cabaye.

They'll want twice that if they are to sell their star CM in mid-August.

Sorry, Madrid.

We're still waiting for Messi.
I want to believe
Loan? Put an option to buy on there and this is a classic Galliani move. That would also be great because I'm convinced we are saving some cash for a late August signing if we qualify for the CL . . . So we could get Sakho+Ljajic.
That's right. Sakho's contract will expire next year iirc, he could pull a Van Bommel and make PSG happy. Or lower the Ibra/Thiago remaining installments, if there are any.

All in all, if we get Sakho and Ljajic, I'd consider this transfer window decent. A bunch of youngsters plus some known talents (and Silvestre) won't necessarily mean that we'll win everything, but it's a start and would probably mean that we have at least the 3rd place in our reach.
Though to be fair, Tuttosport is almost never right about anything
That's right too.

faridmon

The Echo article is hilarious

Everton are shocked, livid, affronted, wild, disgusted, outraged, perturbed, incandescent, enervated and so on.

Wank wank wank wank wank

Yeah? well, maybe, when your club fucking start talking seriously, maybe Echo will start write decently...

Linius

Faridmon, the new FF record can be streamed here.

If you allow the application on Last.fm it even scrobbles the music. It's from a Dutch public broadcaster so it's trustworthy ;)

Some bloke who writes for the Times says Arsenal bid £10m for Cabaye.

They'll want twice that if they are to sell their star CM in mid-August.

£25 or fuck off, not that I think he's worth that, but we shouldn't sell at this point in time for anything less.

Honestly I wouldn't be that bothered about him going, If I had confidence we could get an adequate replacement. They're out there for sure, but I have little to no confidence in Kinnear's ability to get one through the door. The cunt even get Gomis ffs!

Plasma

Banned
Cabaye is the best we can come up with, really?

He isn't a bad player but he isn't any better than the players we already have.

Also Michu was great last season but he is a similar player to Giroud seems a bit pointless to spend 25m.

From the sounds of it we're just doing what we did after losing 8-2 to Man United, panic buying. It makes you wonder what our scouts do all year if we don't have a decent list of targets.

Ushojax

Welp. Spurs U21 6-3 City EDS

Spurs side included Sandro and Townsend. :(

Don't worry, it's not like City care about their youth teams.

Sounds like Tom Carroll was excellent, hope he plays on Thursday.

From the sounds of it we're just doing what we did after losing 8-2 to Man United, panic buying. It makes you wonder what our scouts do all year if we don't have a decent list of targets.

They watch every player in the world, 24 hours a day.

So Bale is almost definitely gone, right? Spurs have spent so much, and apparantly we've still got our cheque book out. I know our owner is rich (who's owner isn't these days?) but it's such a departure from the norm that it has to be backed by something, surely? They're just waiting so we don't get manhandled by the other teams for our loot.

faridmon

What do you make of S'gate so far? It gets serious after 10 or so episodes but I love the characters. kyouma is awesome.

Yeah Attack on Titan has gotten better again. I just hope they had better pacing. Too many episodes where nothing really happens.

Going to watch Hunter x Hunter. Dat King :D

Yeah, the first few episode are kind of confusing, but I'll keep watching it. It seems, as you said, that it picks up later.

The latest Hunter x Hunter Episode was disappointing. Hopefully, next weeks one should be an exciting one.

Kinan

So Dynamo Kyiv finally won this weekend, which is a plus. It was playing against currently weekest UPL team, Tavria, so it was expected. Still, the game was rather nervous, hopefully the team has regained confidence again and will destroy that Aktobe team from Kazakhstan in Europe League on Thursday.

At least there all our foreign players are allowed to play, unlike in UPL, where only 7 foreigners are allowed to take part.

Scum

£25 or fuck off, not that I think he's worth that, but we shouldn't sell at this point in time for anything less.

Honestly I wouldn't be that bothered about him going, If I had confidence we could get an adequate replacement. They're out there for sure, but I have little to no confidence in Kinnear's ability to get one through the door. The cunt even get Gomis ffs!

Of course not. Surely he's worth more than 25 quid.

Ushojax

So Bale is almost definitely gone, right? Spurs have spent so much, and apparantly we've still got our cheque book out. I know our owner is rich (who's owner isn't these days?) but it's such a departure from the norm that it has to be backed by something, surely? They're just waiting so we don't get manhandled by the other teams for our loot.

Not at all, Madrid have not offered what we want. Right now we have spent the bumper TV money and a bit on top, with £20m coming from Huddlestone, Dempsey and Caulker.

If we are really in for Lamela/Willian then that will be thanks to Joe Lewis, we wouldn't spend money we don't yet have from Madrid, especially when they've offered such pathetic sums spread over half a decade.

I believe Bale will leave but we'd keep signing players even if he didn't. We have an amazing chance to barge our way to a seat at the top table.

faridmon

Cabaye is the best we can come up with, really?

He isn't a bad player but he isn't any better than the players we already have.

Also Michu was great last season but he is a similar player to Giroud seems a bit pointless to spend 25m.

I am really baffled at this. Both players will improve your squad dramatically. You want Wenger to spend money, yet you say stuff like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom