• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A club would have to be frankly stupid to let a talent like Pogba go.

costanza-winkbrjnd.gif

kharma45

Kharma stop it :(

Soz brah. Still annoyed we lost someone that good and thought it would be a good idea to play Giggs ahead of him in CM and bring back Scholes instead of giving him a shot.

Still, live and learn. At least it seems like Adnan should be sticking around.

GHG

So after spending the whole summer doing nothing we now take the spray & pray approach for signing players.

Fucking hell we really dont have a clue how to do business anymore. We still wont sign anyone decent, we've left it too late.

omgkitty

I feel like I'm in FIFA and I'm just throwing money at like 10 different players at once hoping one of them will accept my offer.

Soz brah. Still annoyed we lost someone that good and thought it would be a good idea to play Giggs ahead of him in CM and bring back Scholes instead of giving him a shot.

If he can get game time. If he couldn't even make the bench last game with so many attackers not fit, what's going to happen when they are fit and need game time? Nani, Young, and Chicha were all out. They'll be back very soon.

Meier

Crystal Palace are now expected to sign Abdi Ibrahim from City on a free transfer. He still has a year left on his deal and is playing for Stromsgodset but we'll let him go if an EPL wants him is the word. I hope there is at least a sell-on clause or SOME sort of incentive included in the deal.. don't really understand what we're doing with youth players right now. Anyone who isn't Marcos Lopes is getting shit on.

Palace and Hull's forwards are sooooo shit -- wish one of them would take Guidetti on loan. Pellegrini keeps talking about our 4 strikers and I feel bad for John every time. :(

Poor Giroud. He scored a really difficult chance on Saturday. Have faith in him. He's better than RVP.

He actually told a French newspaper that he wants Le Arse to bring in another striker. He knows if he has a shit year and is their only seasoned striker, he'll never hear the end of it.

Linius

Its not working :(

Perhaps, it won't stream to people outside the Dutchland?

Man, I want to listen to it...

Just to be sure, you did click on that "klink goed, let's go!" button? Then allowed access on last.fm for the application to work. Then the left button that says "Ja, starten maar!". Then Franz Ferdinand is the first album on top of the list, if you click on it it will start playing. As far as I know it streams worldwide, much like Pitchfork Advance and NPR streams.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

No no no

The true lesson is to NEVER trust Raiola's clients.

Osvaldo having a live press conference on youtube oooooooo

I wish him all the best. Fuck Roma and their despicable deluded fans.

faridmon

Just to be sure, you did click on that "klink goed, let's go!" button? Then allowed access on last.fm for the application to work. Then the left button that says "Ja, starten maar!". Then Franz Ferdinand is the first album on top of the list, if you click on it it will start playing. As far as I know it streams worldwide, much like Pitchfork Advance and NPR streams.

Yeah, I did all of above and it didn't work. Play Button would be clicked and nothing would happen.

I'll try Pitchfork and NPR. Are they Last.fm enabled?

Meier

Btw, was it posted in the thread that the Ox is now expected to be out at least 6 months (I didn't see it but I could have glossed over it)? I know 3 had been mentioned previously. Apparently it was quite a serious knee injury and may have been ligament stuff which means closer to 1 year is more likely really.

kharma45

If he can get game time. If he couldn't even make the bench last game with so many attackers not fit, what's going to happen when they are fit and need game time? Nani, Young, and Chicha were all out. They'll be back very soon.

There is also that. Just got to hope Moyes rotates well and he does get game time.

Hixx

Sounds like De Ceglie will sign in next 24 hours. Don't really think we are desperate for a left back as Colback has been pretty great in pre-season and against Fulham. Much more desperate for a central midfielder to replace Larsson. And if we sell Sess, Quagliarella.

Fuck it let's sign Pogba, do it De Fanti.

FUCK IT

Ellis, buy Juve.

Btw, was it posted in the thread that the Ox is now expected to be out at least 6 months (I didn't see it but I could have glossed over it)? I know 3 had been mentioned previously. Apparently it was quite a serious knee injury and may have been ligament stuff which means closer to 1 year is more likely really.

There goes his World Cup chances.

Manager

Crystal Palace are now expected to sign Abdi Ibrahim from City on a free transfer. He still has a year left on his deal and is playing for Stromsgodset but we'll let him go if an EPL wants him is the word. I hope there is at least a sell-on clause or SOME sort of incentive included in the deal.. don't really understand what we're doing with youth players right now. Anyone who isn't Marcos Lopes is getting shit on.

Palace and Hull's forwards are sooooo shit -- wish one of them would take Guidetti on loan. Pellegrini keeps talking about our 4 strikers and I feel bad for John every time. :(

He actually told a French newspaper that he wants Le Arse to bring in another striker. He knows if he has a shit year and is their only seasoned striker, he'll never hear the end of it.

IMO he's just taking pressure of Guidetti. No one knows when he will be back and no one knows how good he will be. Pellegrini said he wanted him at Malaga so I'm sure he's told him he's in his plans.

When Guidettis latest operation was done in May or so, Swedish media asked him why he was limping and he kept denying any operation until a couple weeks later. Seems like he just want to cool everything down a bit. Also, it didn't help when Zlatan spoke badly about him in June.

Linius

Yeah, I did all of above and it didn't work. Play Button would be clicked and nothing would happen.

I'll try Pitchfork and NPR. Are they Last.fm enabled?

I don't think anyone made an application for those yet, but I'm not sure.

And FF is only available on the Dutch stream for now. They have worldwide premieres more often, that's why it's so strange it won't work for you. Guess you have to wait a little bit for another stream then.

Meier

IMO he's just taking pressure of Guidetti. No one knows when he will be back and no one knows how good he will be. Pellegrini said he wanted him at Malaga so I'm sure he's told him he's in his plans.

When Guidettis latest operation was done in May or so, Swedish media asked him why he was limping and he kept denying any operation until a couple weeks later. Seems like he just want to cool everything down a bit. Also, it didn't help when Zlatan spoke badly about him in June.

Well, whatever it is (taking pressure off or otherwise), he needs to play games so I hope we figure something out. He isn't gonna get them for us and he'd be better off playing in a senior league somewhere then rotting away with the EDS. Feyenoord could probably use him for another year given their start (although Pelle keeps scoring I've noticed) but it'd be ideal if he played in England.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

It'd only been 2 days, I doubt they have a clear prognosis if its a bad knock to the knee. Still swollen probably. Better that they prepare for the worst though. I remember AVB saying Sandro would be fine after he did his knee but then the scan said 6 months.

dat feel :(

Meier

Who is Jordon Ibe?

English kid playing for Liverpool's U-21 team.

Talksport are reporting Napoli have bid £5m for Adil Rami. His name has been mentioned most of the summer as an option for City but we'll see.

It'd only been 2 days, I doubt they have a clear prognosis if its a bad knock to the knee. Still swollen probably. Better that they prepare for the worst though. I remember AVB saying Sandro would be fine after he did his knee but then the scan said 6 months.

dat feel :(

Yeah, nothing in the play made it look like an ACL/MCL could have happened but it's apparently being suggested that might be the case. You see them happen so often in American sports, that usually at this point I can tell immediately so it's kind of surprising. Either way, he left the training room on crutches though and they're now preparing for the worst.

GHG

I feel like I'm in FIFA and I'm just throwing money at like 10 different players at once hoping one of them will accept my offer.

This is exactly what it feels like.

Cabaye
Williams
Pogba
Gourcuff
Michu
Kondogbia

Anyone else I'm missing?? And what irks me is that none of those players are in the "super quality" bracket that Wenger bangs on about. Hes a fucking madman. Hypocrisy at its best.

Zabojnik

Speaking of Tevez, is it true he looked even slower for Juve yesterday, anyone? He lost a yard last season, many say that was the main reason for his somewhat poor season.

I don't know about 'even slower', he looked like someone who has to go through another few weeks of training to get to top form, like most of our players yesterday. He definitely seemed much 'looser' than 10 days ago, so there's that.

Now we've bid 20m for Pogba apparently, are Juventus likely to sell?

charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

I really don't get this. What the fuck are Arsenal and United doing.

Hopefully we don't fucking draw Barca again.

Milan drawing Barca again would be all kinds of awesome. Obligatory:

rasbarcamilan2.gif

Sounds like De Ceglie will sign in next 24 hours. Don't really think we are desperate for a left back as Colback has been pretty great in pre-season and against Fulham. Much more desperate for a central midfielder to replace Larsson. And if we sell Sess, Quagliarella.

Fuck it let's sign Pogba, do it De Fanti.

FUCK IT

Ellis, buy Juve.

I can't believe this might actually really happen.

Meier

And what irks me is that none of those players are in the "super quality" bracket that Wenger bangs on about. Hes a fucking madman. Hypocrisy at its best.

Pogba and Kondogbia are two of the best young CMs in the world and would step into the first team at nearly any PL club already despite being so young. I think the others are very good players but definitely not upper echelon.

Williams was terrible against United and Michu is very slow and doesn't seem to move particularly well although he has a scorer's touch. There was one chance he had that really surprised me.. somehow got a flick off at the near post from a really strange angle that probably would have gone in against many keepers.

Arsenal are in a tough spot right now. The transfer market has changed and they're not changing with it.

omgkitty

Cabaye
Williams
Pogba
Gourcuff
Michu
Kondogbia

Anyone else I'm missing?? And what irks me is that none of those players are in the "super quality" bracket that Wenger bangs on about. Hes a fucking madman. Hypocrisy at its best.

At this point, I'd be happy with any of them. Only ones I really see happening are Williams and maybe Kondogbia if we're willing to pay for him and piss off Sevilla. At this point I say we go crazy and buy Eriksen from Ajax and let him play behind Giroud and push Cazorla out wide. We could pick up Alderweireld while we're at it too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BR_aKxPCQAEpCbK.jpg

Cabaye
Williams
Pogba
Gourcuff
Michu
Kondogbia

YqT5gHv.jpg

But again, IF you bid 20m for Kondogbia, you WILL get him.

Salvadora

Pogba and Kondogbia are two of the best young CMs in the world and would step into the first team at nearly any PL club already despite being so young. I think the others are very good players but definitely not upper echelon.
Kondogbia is a very raw player with a lot of potential.

He could be more in the future, but he's being way overhyped.

Zabojnik

The one thing that unites Juve and Milan. And everyone else in the world. Inter merda. <3

Kondogbia is a very raw player with a lot of potential.

He could be more in the future, but he's being way overhyped.

I think so too. He'd be a great "a la Pogba" signing or on loan, 20M&#8364; is way too much. Unless you're an oil club and you're buying him for future potential at the end of your transfer campaign, on a whim, because fuck it, why not. As the main summer signing for a club like Arsenal ... yeah, I don't know. Risky.

faridmon

I think Barry is more likely although he may play over Osman rather than as a replacement for Fellaini.

To be fair, Barry and Osman are completely different players. So I don't if Barry would play over Osman if we happen to sign him. If anything, he would take Gibsons place.

I think Osman's time is up and I wish he would spend more on the bench. He was god awful against Norwich.

Well he's certainly within their price bracket with only a year left on his contract but yeah, a bigger club will snap him up first.
Especially if we have 20m+ in our pocket. Also, if bigger side want him they would have sign him already.

See him end up in West-ham when every big club ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom