• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Yes?

Glad to provide some comical relief.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen went somewhere like Everton. He's available for a cut rate price and yet no one has seen fit to even make a bid for him this summer. He's being hailed as one of the best young players in the world yet no one wants him. Next thing you know some smaller club will snap him up for 10 - 12m just because he was available and no one else made a move.

Eriksen is certainly not too good for Everton, people overrated him like crazy in this thread and he's certainly not what Arsenal needs. Another lightweight midfielder without any balls, that can be easily pushed away? Yeah sounds like a Wenger signing, but not what they need.

faridmon

I wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen went somewhere like Everton. He's available for a cut rate price and yet no one has seen fit to even make a bid for him this summer. He's being hailed as one of the best young players in the world yet no one wants him. Next thing you know some smaller club will snap him up for 10 - 12m just because he was available and no one else made a move.

Exactly. Although I can see Liverpool get into the action of signing him as well whihc could provide tricky.

Confuziz was being himself sadly. He should go out more.

faridmon

Is Jojo expected to start for Citeh tonight?

Del Piero looks like Fillaini in the avatar of yours.

Eriksen is certainly not too good for Everton, people overrated him like crazy in this thread and he's certainly not what Arsenal needs. Another lightweight midfielder without any balls, that can be easily pushed away? Yeah sounds like a Wenger signing, but not what they need.

To be fair, any player can be toughen up for PL. Fillaini was certainly a wuss when he started here. But, doesn't sound like an Arsenal saviour.
No player is too good for Everton, fool

Exactly. Although I can see Liverpool get into the action of signing him as well whihc could provide tricky.

Confuziz was being himself sadly. He should go out more.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers has decided that he'd rather see Coutinho start week-in week-out in that central position than take a risk with Erikson. Its the only explanation I can think of that explains our sudden lack of interest in him, and to me it makes sense to trust Coutinho there. We should be sorting our wings and centre backs out before adding depth to AM

Meier

Del Piero looks like Fillaini in the avatar of yours.

Kinda looks like Fernando Llorente too.

R.e. Jo-Jo. I don't think anyone has a clue what Pellegrini is gonna do with the lineup. There's a lot of possibilities but I'd like to see Navas, Jovetic and Ferna all start.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*sob*

I've heard some weirdness about Moyes' transfer approach at Everton but if we had a decent chance at Modric (or Thiago), then what the what. Bloody hell.

The word on the street is that if/when Fillaini hoes to Man U, We are going strongly after Eriksen.

Eriksen seems to place a lot of importance on the style of football he gets to play. He'll probably take the chance of holding out for a number ten role at a big club, even if it means he stays at Ajax for a long time. My bet is that he ends up at an Italian side in two or three seasons.

Kondogbia is a very raw player with a lot of potential.

He could be more in the future, but he's being way overhyped.

He'd need a season or two to become dominant, but he's definitely not a risk, especially long-term. He'd be a great rotation option at any of the top four clubs right now; what more could you ask for at his age?

Linius

The word on the street is that if/when Fillaini hoes to Man U, We are going strongly after Eriksen.

I can't see him go there tbh. He always said he's only moving for a top club. Liverpool could pass for that but Everton clearly not. But he's a professional footballer and we all know how reliable their word is so if Everton comes in with the right money you never know. It's a step down, but maybe it will get him a step up in the long run. At least it wouldn't be such a big step down as Alderweireld is going to make if he moves to Spartak Moscow.

Ingeniero

It pains me that my beloved Arsenal can´t sign anyone. It´s like players don´t want to play in our team and the competition obviously won´t strengthen their opposition.
I am also very disappointed that we lost our first home game, and I totally understand the fans reaction and anger.
The club needs to improve and the only way to achieve that is by bringing in better players, Wenger know this, the club has the money but things are not working.
I am sad but I have hope, we can improve. Let´s not start the fire Wenger parade, not this early.
I think he is the best manager we can have and he needs our support, the club needs our support, especially now since things are though.

Cheer up mates, we got this.

Mou :

“I don’t think it’s ethical if I name players who belong to other clubs but you know which players,” he said.

EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

Meier

Zabaleta signs 4 year extension, good news.

Nice! I know there has been talk about how important it is to re-sign Micah, but I'd be okay if he left. He's not really cut out to play CB and Zaba is clearly the better option at RB. I'd love to keep him as cover, but if he wants to play every week then he should go. Arsenal are apparently interested.

Salvadora

He'd need a season or two to become dominant, but he's definitely not a risk, especially long-term. He'd be a great rotation option at any of the top four clubs right now; what more could you ask for at his age?
I think that it isn't a sure thing that he will become dominant in a season or two, especially if he moves to a league like the EPL. And at £17m+ and with third-party ownership, he won't come cheap either. Like Zabojnik said, for an oil club who doesn't have any financial restraints, they can punt away, but I think there could be more prudent investments found in the market for that sort of money.

I just think the Kondogbia hype has got a bit out of control (and I rate him!).

We're fast approaching the tipping point, where you get absolutely fucked if you sell one of your players, either in terms of the fee you have to pay for a replacment, or simply failing to replace them at all

2 - On the last 2 occasions that they started in the play-off round, AC Milan have gone on to win the Champions League (2003, 2007). Omen.

Welp. Even Opta realized that. I think it's pretty much done, there's no need to play the rest of the CL, just give us the trophy.

confuziz

Banned
2 - On the last 2 occasions that they started in the play-off round, AC Milan have gone on to win the Champions League (2003, 2007). Omen.

Welp. Even Opta realized that. I think it's pretty much done, there's no need to play the rest of the CL, just give us the trophy.

I just hope we don't get destroyed.

Showaddy

So apparently Spur's will be signing Coentrão irrespective of any Bale deal but they won't actually be paying any money for him.

Madrid still owe Spur's £15 million for the transfer of Luka Modric but now they'll receive Coentrão as the payment instead.

Still a rumour but it actually makes a lot of sense.

Mastadon

Banned
So apparently Spur's will be signing Coentrão irrespective of any Bale deal but they won't actually be paying any money for him.

Madrid still owe Spur's £15 million for the transfer of Luka Modric but now they'll receive Coentrão as the payment instead.

That's a fantastic deal for Spurs if true.

sohois

Except that there is no way Coentrao is worth £15million. Spurs are getting ripped off if that is the case.

Except that there is no way Coentrao is worth £15million. Spurs are getting ripped off if that is the case.

What I was thinking

£8-10m is about right imo, as he has showed that he has the ability to be very good but hasn't shown it often enough in the last 3 years.

Was about to say that he could play better under AVB as they speak the same language, but then I remembered that Mourinho does as well :p

LTWheels

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 26m
Just seen Villas-Boas' press conference. Can't work out if he denied making an offer for Willian or if he just refused to confirm an offer.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 22m
The question to AVB was whether he could confirm a bid had been made and he said "No, no." That confuses me.

faridmon

Coentrao's weird.

Playing for Portugal, he's a beast. One of the best LB's. At Madrid, he's as good as Gibbs.

Even for Portugal, he can't defend shit and runs around like a headless chicken. Some times he does something amazing which sort of counterbalance everything else.

Cardozo isn´t on the list of players that Benfica sent to League. I´m loving this whole mess at Benfica. They made him apologize, he´s back on training but they still don´t count with him. Lima and Rodrigo are good but they are nowhere near Cardozo´s finishing skills.
Can´t wait to face them on the 31st, a win for us will give us quite a boost in moral and would almost assure that Jesus would get fired.

Salvadora

Madrid had missed payment dates, didn't they? The same thing happened with Atletico Madrid in regards to Falcao iirc.

I wonder why there isn't some sort of structure in place to prevent, or penalise, this from happening in football.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

If true that's an amazing deal. Levy is my hero.

Coentrao is basically a left-sided Walker, that's fine for the system we play. Technical passers like BAE just don't fit in as well. I hope he dials down the dickishness he showed at Madrid, but with him and Rose we'd be we'll stocked.

Showaddy

Would depend if that 15m is guaranteed money or some add ons.

Yeah I believe the Modric deal was £32 million plus add ons. Madrid paid a good chunk of that upfront so what's owed is probably £8-10 million + whatever add ons that have yet to be fulfilled.

Spurs already have 2 good left backs. Why do they want him?

Assou-Ekotto is fully fit but isn't even getting a bench spot now, he's got a poor relationship with AVB by all accounts so will probably be sold. Danny Rose is a good premiership standard player and is only 23 but I can see them wanting a bit more experience at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom