• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Arsenal going bid crazy today!

Cabaye
Michu
Williams
Sigborsson

You are welcome Arsenal fans. Us beating you has stirred Arsene from his transfer slumber.

Hindle

Banned
Do we know why Arsenal haven't signed anyone yet? I mean does anyone lol.

I can think of a few players who'd be great signings for them:

Baines.
Felaini.
Cabaye
Shaw

. Any of these I honestly thought they'd have gone for by now. Then you've got players they missed out on, Benteke, Paulinho. Theres a lot of incompetence at thier board easily.

mil6es

Arsenal going bid crazy today!

Cabaye
Michu
Williams
Sigborsson

You are welcome Arsenal fans. Us beating you has stirred Arsene from his transfer slumber.

none of these signings make Arsenal better tho......

side note can somebody give me a run-down of the Willian Saga so far its getting confusing.

L1NETT

I can think of a few players who'd be great signings for them:

Baines.
Felaini.
Cabaye
Shaw

Only Fellani would be a "great" signing. A new left back is the least of their priorities, and why is everyone loved up with Cabaye. Good player, but Arsenal have better players in his mold.

But knowing Arsene Ligue 2 will be raided within in a week.

Hindle

Banned
Only Fellani would be a "great" signing. A new left back is the least of their priorities, and why is everyone loved up with Cabaye. Good player, but Arsenal have better players in his mold.

But knowing Arsene Ligue 2 will be raided within in a week.

For the record, I didn't they'd sign all of those guys. Shaw and Baines wouldn't make sense. Baines would strengthen them IMO, dudes pretty versatile.

dc89

jbqbwzReCTt0to.png

La Liga spending so far. Looks legit.

Meier

I haven't heard of Sigborsson, who's reporting it?

I assume he means Sigporsson (Sigborsson is probably "correct" as well) from Ajax. Icelandic striker, young and talented.

http://i.minus.com/jbqbwzReCTt0to.png[IMG]

La Liga spending so far. Looks legit.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, it would look similar in the PL this year although Southampton (of all teams) would be one of the top 3 I bet behind us and Spurs. Most are probably in the 20s and teens or, ahem, the 0s and 1s in the case of a few..

Salvadora

Have to say, that Arsenal target list is very underwhelming.

Can't see some of those names placating the fanbase, especially if we have a terrible game on Wednesday.
The guy is fantastic on FM 13, ridiculous stats (very complete) for his somewhat low profile.
I suppose Suarez came from Ajax too. I see why we're after him.

'What will baffle Evertonians most is, after comments made throughout his Everton tenure, Moyes’ raid on his former club is completely hypocritical both in the amount offered and the timing of the bid.

In 2009, the former Blues boss was incensed by Manchester City’s pursuit of centre back Joleon Lescott.
Moyes claimed the England international’s head had been turned, and with him in defence on the opening day of the season, Everton were thrashed 6-1 at home to Arsenal.

‘The way it has been handled is disgusting and all it has done is disrupted our club,’ he said angrily. ‘Most clubs have a price for a player. The offers were not big enough.’
When City first contacted Everton about the England international there were just two weeks of the transfer window remaining and Moyes was quoted as saying: ‘There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window.’

"Four years on, he has bid at exactly the same time."

jtb

Banned
Shaw and/or Baines would have been great signings before we picked up Monreal. Now, they're a bit redundant (even though Gibbs hasn't really developed and is made of glass). Definitely the lowest priority for strengthening at the moment, imo.

LegoArmo

Shaw and/or Baines would have been great signings before we picked up Monreal. Now, they're a bit redundant (even though Gibbs hasn't really developed and is made of glass). Definitely the lowest priority for strengthening at the moment, imo.

I think Arsenal's problem is they keep buying squad quality players to be play in the first 11.

Yen

YENROT<3 I knew I loved you for a reason baby.

Are you parrying AND using dodge offset? Dodging makes you immune for a second and creates an opening.
Dodging? haha, didn't know about that, haven't played any of the VR Missions. Not too good at parrying either (but then I'm crap at all video games!). Apart from parrying, I've been spamming the ninja run button.
Only up to the
abandoned fairground part.

faridmon

'What will baffle Evertonians most is, after comments made throughout his Everton tenure, Moyes’ raid on his former club is completely hypocritical both in the amount offered and the timing of the bid.

In 2009, the former Blues boss was incensed by Manchester City’s pursuit of centre back Joleon Lescott.
Moyes claimed the England international’s head had been turned, and with him in defence on the opening day of the season, Everton were thrashed 6-1 at home to Arsenal.

‘The way it has been handled is disgusting and all it has done is disrupted our club,’ he said angrily. ‘Most clubs have a price for a player. The offers were not big enough.’
When City first contacted Everton about the England international there were just two weeks of the transfer window remaining and Moyes was quoted as saying: ‘There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window.’

"Four years on, he has bid at exactly the same time."

Yeah, Absolutely disgusting. Hypocrite on the highest order.

I still love Moyes

jtb

Banned
I think Arsenal's problem is they keep buying squad quality players to be play in the first 11.

Agreed. And unlike our old policy of buying talented young playets, most of these players are fully developed. They aren't getting any better. At least with someone like Nasri there was the hope that he would (and did, for like... 6 months) develop into a very good player.

Though on the other hand, players like Squillaci weren't even at squad level so I guess this is an improvement. Of sorts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What do you guys think of 'Gone Home'? It looks really interesting!

Dodging? haha, didn't know about that, haven't played any of the VR Missions. Not too good at parrying either (but then I'm crap at all video games!). Apart from parrying, I've been spamming the ninja run button.
Only up to the
abandoned fairground part.

Plenty of awesomeness to go.
3AQmK.gif

And you *must* learn how to dodge and parry, trust me.
trust me

Allegri just confirmed that we'll see ElShaa-Balo-Boateng as our strikers tomorrow evening, and still have some doubts about the left flank, both for the LB and the LM. We'll probably end up with Constant and Muntari, I think we'll play with this formation:

---------------Abbiati

Abate--Zapata--Mexes--Constant

--Montolivo--De Jong--Muntari

-Boateng--Balotelli--ElShaarawy

I may have swapped a couple of positions, but I guess that's pretty much our starting XI.

Empty

What do you guys think of 'Gone Home'? It looks really interesting!

i thought it was really cool. people should know it's quite short and tells a simple, grounded coming of age story (as well as a few other excellent subplots), but the premise of exploring and connecting the dots by reading letters and stuff is novel, the 90s setting is excellent and its really very well written and unlike most games.

faridmon

i thought it was really cool. people should know it's quite short and tells a simple, grounded coming of age story (as well as a few other excellent subplots), but the premise of exploring and connecting the dots by reading letters and stuff is novel, the 90s setting is excellent and its really very well written and unlike most games.

I was really disappointed when all the hype was setting up to be a creepy adventure
instead we got some faux love angst story

Plasma

Banned
Yeah, I get ya, 25m would be steep, but I don't think Michu will cost 25m... is he?

Also, the business with Higuain was outrages, how can you let him slip through just like that?

All the papers are reporting that Swansea won't accept anything under 25m.

Wenger changed his mind on Higuain and went after Suarez instead. Not a bad plan considering Suarez is a better player but his information on Suarez's release clause was completely wrong. So now we've missed out on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom