• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero

No Jovetic. Great to see Navas though. Aguero back!

Somewhat surprised to see Sergio starting given that he hasn't kicked the ball in a game since the Chelsea post-season games. Can imagine him being a bit rusty to say the least. Super excited Navas is starting.. can't wait to see him terrorize teams.

Edit: Seeing the team sheet above.. odd that Jojo isn't even on the bench.

dc89

Jovetic injured?

BSDOC3yCAAA7PQf.jpg

I hope not :(

Yen

I'd say McLaughlin, Rossiter (only just turned 16), and Dunn are our brightest prospects who haven't got a senior debut yet.
Also Lloyd Jones.

Salvadora

I don't really make a habit out of watching Newcastle games, but I remember him looking pretty decent every time I've seen him play. Not exactly a huge, uplifting signing, and not really in a position that we need, but I'd happy with him anyone coming in at this point. It could be worse than Cabaye.
I can't imagine that he will cost less than around £20m, though.

Feels like a complete luxury signing at a time when we really can't afford (not literally) it.

Decent lineup, should be enough to beat PSV, but I was really hoping to see Niang at RW and Poli and LCM. It's gonna take a while for Max to trust Poli, I fear, even though he was very impressive in preseason. Muntari is better than Nocerino, at least.

Also I hope Urby starts at LB. Surely he knows Dutch opposition.

That's what I thought too. Maybe we'll see him start vs Verona, but I think that Max just want to be careful with him, holding his first CL match for the group stage, if we get there. I put Muntari in there because he's suspended in Serie A for one game, which means that he won't play on Saturday.

Having Urby on the left could actually be useful, I haven't thought of that. I guess that's the doubt regarding the LB, it's going to be either Constant or Urby.

Carbonox

We even had to leave Cabaye out of the squad over the farce that is Arsenal's interest/bid? Marvelous. He's definitely off then. Only Prem team I could tolerate him at would be Man Utd as well.

Tc91

Adnan down :(

Paddy wants a red hahahahaha

LOOOOOOL. Been on the wine again I guess.

---

Stan Collymore is on TalkSport at the moment and he's being very open about how deals are done at clubs etc.

Said when he was at Villa he had Paul Stretford (Rooney's agent now) and him Stretford and John Gregory met up at a hotel in Birmingham to discuss his future, long story cut short Stretford was acting on Gregory's behalf to get Stan out of the club, I'm guessing he got paid.

Sounds like a proper nasty piece of work.

Did he score?

3 yard pass I'm guessing

Skinned your left back with a lovely piece of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom