• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Just got home. How has City been playing? Which players have played the best?

I wouldn't get too carried away with this city performance. They have been really good, but Newcastle have been completely spineless. Clearly City will be up there come May, but the Toon haven't really provided much of a test.

---

KidA, surely a loan is what Adnan needs now, in the Wilshere, Sturridge, Cleverley mould. You would rather see him play 30+ games competitive than 3 in the League Cup for the United and a bunch in the reserves.

I dont get people saying carra is awful

His anaylsis is great and hes done alright for his first night

I'm with you, he says some interesting stuff, albeit in a slighty high pitched way.

City gonna walk the title. We all knew it was gonna happen now that they have a serious manager.

How long does a season last again? I forgot it was a one off game.

Meier

Thought Clichy had his first ever City goal. Just 1 in his career in the league. :lol

How have Navas and Fernandinho played?

Navas was very bright to start, had some poor passes in the latter part of the 1st half. Ferna has been very active -- looks great. Navas has been quite lively in the start of the second half again.. almost had his first assist there.

rodvik

Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa are good. The others, no. In-fact, Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa are our only good defenders. The rest are shite and hopeless.

Fair enough. They are however better than ours, have you seen ours? Lambert has them all playing as wingers or forwards most of the game :)

dc89

WHsPcpz.jpg

We're all going to die

He's just... eerie.

To recap: Mancini is extremely fortunate to have the career he's had, as all his success in the last seven years or so is predicated on Calciopoli and his not having any opposition when leading Inter to the title. He's been the windsail holding City back for two years now, only somehow they managed to win the title in spite of him.

ShogunX

City gonna walk the title. We all knew it was gonna happen now that they have a serious manager.

It's Newcastle......This lot will be lucky to not be bottom half again this season. Krul aside there is a lack of quality all over the pitch.

no more mocking La Liga, PL is a 2 team league now as well (Citay and Chelsea).

Hey! another person misses the point of why people critisise La liga.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
City have played well but this is not a good match to judge. It's the first game of the season and the opposition is a relegation side without Remy and Cabaye and with the captain sent off.

Best to judge title contenders around December, Chelsea looked like they would be up there after 6/7 games last season, but they soon fell away. City will be right up there to the end but they won't walk it. It will be a slog.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No longer under the shackles of Mancini, now they're basically last season's Bayern.

The fate of football rests on one man's shoulders.

5ee1LTe.jpg

dc89

I know it's against 10 men but the way we go about winning the ball back is really nice. So quick, and everyone is tracking back and getting a foot in.

Zabojnik

That was a really nice play for the 4-0 yesterday. Lazio had no fight left in them at that point, but still. And yeah, Pogba should've scored there. Oh well.

imGiM3x9e75a0.gif

Suen

There's no response bro.

You lost at home to Aston Villa. I had this game written down as a loss back when it was first announced.
This sounds so depressing. Where's your energy, belief and hope in your horse-punching team? Let Aston Villa be your role model (with ref support).

Exactly.

:lol
Aren't you an Arse-bro? Why aren't you on the list?

True Wenger was with us.
But Benteke is still playing for Aston Villa, does not compute.

11 players + Wenger?
Lambda pls. Wenger added neutralize at least half of the team.

Yeah, Koscielny was tragic.
We had most of the ref decisions going against us. The only one that was in our favour was Chesney not receiving a red card which is not that much compared to all shit we had thrown against us. Bosscielny should have never received that red card but then he's a donkey for taking that risk when he was already on a strict yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom