• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Conte out

Lol, perfect.

Swiss Train's goal. Vucinic had a thing for classy heel touches yesterday. VU&#268;KO <3

i9CUh12bdbPKm.gif

ihgWuJorQfuSN.gif

GQman2121

Banned
1 - West London Blues Lions
2 - Manchester City Golden Eagles
3 - North London Blue Cocks
4 - Manchester City Red Devils
5 - Norfolk Radio Canaries
6 - Welsh Dark Swans

8 - North London Moist Cunts

10 - Beatles FC

19 - Hull City Tigers
20 - Black & White Geordie Cunts

I'm ready for dat PES 14' too!

Baaaaaayern!

Suen

On a stream with shitty quality + seen from distance Fabricio Coloccini looks like David Luiz's younger brother.

FootballFan

Thanks

Is the PL trophy the big award like the Stanley Cup in hockey, or do the players care most about the Champions League?

Winning the league takes the most work, 38 games during the season, and it shows which team was the most consistent.

Champions League is the biggest trophy of them all, only behind the World Cup, but unlike the league, it's only 13 matches even if you get to the final. Takes a bit of luck too.

Only the biggest clubs in Europe compete in it, it's what makes it so special.

The FA Cup, The League Cup and those other things are just extra trophies and competitions where teams give their younger players experience. Only gets taken seriously towards the semi-finals.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha no. We're not selling Pogba ever, and especially not that Marchisio is out for a month plus.

Hey Yurt, since Marco Motta won a trophy with us, does that make him a champion RB?

Why, yes, yes it does!

Speaking of MM, are we actually going to...keep him? I liked him better as a secret 6 points agent.

Arnie

Just twigged that Villa could hopefully tire themselves out against Chelsea in mid-week. Fortunate for us, assuming we capitalise on it. Or should I say KOLO does.

Thanks

Is the PL trophy the big award like the Stanley Cup in hockey, or do the players care most about the Champions League?

Champion's League is the #1 trophy as it's much harder to win. No team has repeated.

Still, the domestic league trophy is usually the goal for almost every team. Hard to explain, but it's very very important. Plus it's direct competition against your rivals.

PowderedToast

watchin teams like city and chelsea play really puts into perspective how big the gulf is between them and the rest of the league. just immense squad depth. i know it's only been one game ..but idk

if in the next few years liverpool can squeeze into the top 4 and have a good CL run then i'll be ecstatic. hoping for anything more seems futile at this point

Zabojnik

Haha no. We're not selling Pogba ever, and especially not that Marchisio is out for a month plus.

Hey Yurt, since Marco Motta won a trophy with us, does that make him a champion RB?

Fuuuck, Claudio out for a whole month?! Something had to give, I knew things were going too well in the injury department. :/

Marco Motta is a champion in every sense of the word.
Conte must be trolling by keeping him, there's no other explanation. Sunderland pls!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lol, perfect.

Swiss Train's goal. Vucinic had a thing for classy heel touches yesterday. VU&#268;KO <3

i9CUh12bdbPKm.gif

ihgWuJorQfuSN.gif
THANKS!

Mirko really stepped up his game in the 2nd half, didn't he? He was fucking killing me, as per usual.
Hi guys, I'm new here. Lifelong Man City supporter signing in. Our lower league days were a nightmare, my father beating my up everytime we lost. Look at us now fools! All that beating actually helped.

Well done.
KuGsj.gif

So we came up against IMO the strongest team in the league and got beat easily. No panic stations yet, although it sounded like we were woeful.

D_prOdigy

Why is he a moron?

United seem to be the utter braindead wisps of a fart ragarding this matter. 28m for both players? Really?

#NoSAFnoParty

To be completely fair I don't think that 28m for both is lowballing that much.

12m is too low for Baines. But I don't think we would ever really see him as being worth above 15m.

Fellaini is a trickier one. Someone astutely pointed out that the release clause is a bit of a red herring because no one even tried to activate it. It's clear that no one really accepts he's worth 24m. Maybe 20m? Again, 16m for him isn't that low for an opening gambit.

Of course, ultimately to Everton they are probably worth way more than anything we will likely offer. I just think that 12m for Baines and 16m for Fellaini isn't a million miles away from the maximum I'd be happy with United spending on them.

But yes, it did look a bit silly offering the same figure for Baines as we did before.

subtles

pellegrini is awesome in europe, i can see them going far

He's been my favorite manager in La Liga for some time. I was ecstatic when we were linked with him a few years ago. I'm still angry that Madrid basically screwed him over in his only season and then addressed the very issues he raised concerns over when Mourinho took over.

Bielsa, Favre, Pellegrini: Three managers I really want to see tackle big jobs in the European game.

Zabojnik

Juve-brahs, I'm trying to find that Pogba moment from yesterday's match, when he shielded the ball with his back against one of Lazio's players who just kept bouncing off him like we has crashing into a wall. Do you remember when it happened, ballpark?

Meier

Fuck, I really wanted Negredo to have that goal.

Obviously great performance, big changes.

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Dzeko has been pretty clinical during the preseason. Obviously he missed a few outright but Krul came up huge to stop a few of those. Team was unlucky not to get 6 or so even without the mistake on the Negredo goal.

Ferna and Navas had very nice games -- can't wait to see Stevan get his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom