• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT4| Everybody Hates Wenger renewed for 17th season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Just preordered the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection. That means my final ever PS3 new game purchases (will probably work on games I missed in the past or HD versions to replace my PS2 library) will be:

Grand Theft Auto V
Batman Arkham Origins
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Kingdom Hearts HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (announce a fucking release date already you skwenix cunts)

sad times.

Preordered FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 for PS4 though. £47 a pop on Amazon, versus £55 everywhere else. Woooo.

L1NETT

As someone who had no interest in a VITA, yesterday sort of piqued my interest. If Blackgate is good, that might tip me over the edge (need my batman fix).

And yeah, would rather see fun looking diverse indie games than AAA borefests like Dead Rising 3 and AC Black Flag. Killzone go in there as well.

Also Watch Dogs looks worse and worse with every trailer they show (which is about forty now). Still want it, but the difference between that initial reveal and now I mean geez, get Dom Littlewood on the case.

----

Casillas to Arsenal (rumour) according to the Guardian. Um.....eh.....huh?

subtles

Just preordered the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection. That means my final ever PS3 new game purchases (will probably work on games I missed in the past or HD versions to replace my PS2 library) will be:

Grand Theft Auto V
Batman Arkham Origins
Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
Kingdom Hearts HD
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (announce a fucking release date already you skwenix cunts)

sad times.

Preordered FIFA 14 and Battlefield 4 for PS4 though. £47 a pop on Amazon, versus £55 everywhere else. Woooo.

There'll be an inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD sometime down the road. Atlus is developing Persona 5 (not confirmed for PS3) and the The Last Guardian hasn't been binned yet in any official capacity. I don't think the system is on it's last legs yet.

I take it your not interested in Beyond?

bjaelke

3Sixty

All gamescom did was confirm my suspicions from E3 i don't care about gaming anymore.

I'm not even sure i ever really did.

If i get a new console it will be a fifa/nba 2k/some shooter box.

Carbonox

A
Also Watch Dogs looks worse and worse with every trailer they show (which is about forty now). Still want it, but the difference between that initial reveal and now I mean geez, get Dom Littlewood on the case.

I think Watch Dogs looks great but it was never gonna look like how it did in the reveal. I'm sure the PS4 will churn out games of that quality in the future (and even better) though.

There'll be an inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD sometime down the road. Atlus is developing Persona 5 (not confirmed for PS3) and the The Last Guardian hasn't been binned yet in any official capacity. I don't think the system is on it's last legs yet.

I take it your not interested in Beyond?

Forgot about Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD. That's a given and I'll definitely be getting that.

Don't really care for the others though. Beyond looks interesting so I might keep tabs on that.

Resogun for free with PS Plus is really cool, my problem with PS Plus is that it's just too good.

-----------

The best thing about Gamescom is how many games are playable there, best covarage always comes out of gamersyde.com.

FootballFan

Feel the same. I went from "omg day one" to "mehhh"

Not the best source but the Mail say Januzaj will be loaned out. Kinda disappointed but it makes sense I guess, tried and tested at United. Have to make sure he goes somewhere where he plays though.

Clegg

Not the best source but the Mail say Januzaj will be loaned out. Kinda disappointed but it makes sense I guess, tried and tested at United. Have to make sure he goes somewhere where he plays though.

Mail say he's close to signing a 5 year deal too. Like you said, they're not the best source but it's better than nothing.

Mail also saying Powell will go out on loan.

omgqpk2v.png

Benfica GAF is forced to buy PES 2014 now.

BELIEVE.

fuck, and i don't even own a current gen console anymore.

best team of the 60s was Benfica, fuck anyone who argues otherwise.

Game of the Gen(next Gen)

i'm ultra hyped for it. seems like the perfect "sit down and relax" game.

Can;t really be bothered with Machinarium. Its charming and nice to look at, but I can't really be arsed with the puzzles and lack of pace (integral to the genre as it is)

Another one off the backlog

Anyone else ridiculously bored by the indie wankfest in Sony's conference yesterday?

Indie this, indie that, indie in my mouth, indie up my arse, indie all over my face.

Yawn. One or two looked interesting but that's it. The problem is that they kept on going on and on and on.

Yup. Nothing wrong with showing off indie games, but for all the crap Microsoft get about buzzwords etc, Sony did exactly that yesterday.
Going over the same stuff again, how developer friendly it is (they should stop touting that, its nobodies fault but their own the PS3 was so difficult to develop for), creating new experiences, "by gamers for gamers" (which is what MS said and people criticised them for saying) and more.
So far Sony have announced a whole 5 retail games from their own studios for PS4? I wasn't impressed with Sony's first party output this gen so far they've done little to convince me they're making bigger/better games.
Saying that I do want Killzone Shadow Fall...

Linius

Xbox 360

- Batman: Arkham Origins
- FIFA 14
- GTA V
- AC: IV
- Watch Dogs (?)

Nintendo 3DS

- Pokémon X/Y
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros.

These are the games I'm aiming to buy in 2013, though I can't even imagine myself getting the time to properly play them all. At least I won't be bored by waiting out on buying next gen. Trying to wait for at least one price drop and definitely the second batch of consoles or any after.

Yup. Nothing wrong with showing off indie games, but for all the crap Microsoft get about buzzwords etc, Sony did exactly that yesterday.
Going over the same stuff again, how developer friendly it is (they should stop touting that, its nobodies fault but their own the PS3 was so difficult to develop for), creating new experiences, "by gamers for gamers" (which is what MS said and people criticised them for saying) and more.
So far Sony have announced a whole 5 retail games from their own studios for PS4? I wasn't impressed with Sony's first party output this gen so far they've done little to convince me they're making bigger/better games.
Saying that I do want Killzone Shadow Fall...

Uncharted 1-3
The Last of Us
Infamous 1 & 2
Killzone 2 &3
GoW 3 & A
Heavy Rain (2nd party I think)
GT5
Wipeout HD & Fury

Good enough for me :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
just realised no-one has the Chelsea match this evening :( god damn re-scheduling

Yah, I don't think anybody ever wants to, but if he stays with us it's most likely he'll be spending most of his time playing for the u21's.

The past couple of loans have just been awful for United players. The same is true for Arsenal players. It doesn't help when the team's play style doesn't match the technical quality someone like Januzaj has. If it's to a relegation team, there's a risk that a manager will get sacked changing the original plans for the loan or that they would choose experience over youth in a relegation battle.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fifabros i got a new mic coming today, supposed to be pretty good one too so i wanna try it on some clubs if anyone fancies.

Youll all be shocked when you hear my real voice, think Michael Jackson, not in his prime the last few years.

The past couple of loans have just been awful for United players. The same is true for Arsenal players. It doesn't help when the team's play style doesn't match the technical quality someone like Januzaj has. If it's to a relegation team, there's a risk that a manager will get sacked changing the original plans for the loan or that they would choose experience over youth in a relegation battle.

Ha, sounds like the exact worries we have with Suso. Hopefully it works out for him (Suso, Adnan can do one)

Porto's Varela seems to be heading to West Ham. bid should be around 10mil €.

also, Valência refused an Arsenal bid for GK Guaita.

People who didn't love Infamous should be banned

70,000 turn up to see 1Direction.

That's 5x the amount of people who attended United's 19th title parade.

Also 1.5x the number of people who buy City home tickets, and 2x the number of people who turn up at the Etihad

Mr Cola

People who didn't love Infamous should be banned

Also 1.5x the number of people who buy City home tickets, and 2x the number of people who turn up at the Etihad

also the average wage for half the players they buy that warm the bench before being sold on the next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom