• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one outlet to score.

Rio looks shaky at the back.

Baines >>>>>>>>> Evra

Clev and Young are not good enough.

Giggs needs to retire.

Wellbeck just needs to fucking shoot.

We looked decent in possession we lacked a creator to link midfield and attack together. We don't need Fellaini he would of been sent in this game.

Zabojnik

Congrats to LiverpoolGAF!

United shouldn't play without a 'proper' 2nd striker/playmaker again. They looked sterile up there.

iRv69g3eFcarI.gif

Yep.

Mastadon

Banned
No, he doesn't need to retire.

He needs to stop being picked.

MOTM was Glenn Johnson IMO, thought he was brilliant.

He's been fantastic so far this season. Thought Enrique regressed slightly after his good start, but he had a tough job today with Coutinho in front of him.

Henderson really impressed me today. He's slowly and quietly becoming integral to this team.

Is Sakho going to start?!?!?!?

Fuck knows

Toure has been boss throughout, Skrtel was boss just now, Agger has to start because of th way he fits into the system, and he's good enough defensively anyway.

Illori is young enough to give him a year at least in the U21s.

I think we'll carry on with Skrtel and Agger until Skrtel fucks up, which even if it happens in October, will be all Rodgers needs to take him out of the team. Nice to have options, but if Sakho moved here beecause he was pissd off at sitting on PSG's bench,it'll be even worse for him here unless Skrtel and Toure do somthing to desrve being dropped.

Clegg

Congrats Liverpool.

Didn't think you played particularly well but just did enough. No creativity in this United side and no midfielder there to actually run with the ball. Cleverley has regressed since last season and Young is Young. We really need to stop picking these players regularly.

I think we'll improve once Rooney and Kagawa return but we really need another option in midfield.

Labadal

Happy we got to play United early this season. When Moyes has been in charge for a few more games, he'll get better results. Also not easy games to begin with for United with a new manager. Although he was to blame for the team selection. When Chica and Nani came on, United had me scared.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
Liverpool fully deserved the 3 points, wanted it more and were first to every ball. This game just proves once again that Man Utd need a top class midfielder. Fellaini isn't that top class player they need.

Congrats Liverpool.

Didn't think you played particularly well but just did enough. No creativity in this United side and no midfielder there to actually run with the ball. Cleverley has regressed since last season and Young is Young. We really need to stop picking these players regularly.

I think we'll improve once Rooney and Kagawa return but we really need another option in midfield.

IMO it was an awful game. Maybe Liverpool were tired or wary of leaving space in behind but if they pressed higher up against us they could have beaten us 2/3-0 I think.

Those players you mentioned were poor but Carrick also had a really bad game, which is probably more worrying. He was very shaky, there are some obvious limitations to his game which we all know but the things he was doing very well last season he wasn't doing today.

Wilbur

Banned
No, he doesn't need to retire.

He needs to stop being picked.

MOTM was Glenn Johnson IMO, thought he was brilliant.

Yeah, Johnson was brilliant. Henderson as well was great I thought.

Just outfought across the entire pitch today. I'm really disappointed. Need Kagawa and Zaha in, the latter is fucking desperate because I actively want a player from the Championship to come in and give the PL champions some impetus in attack. Just terrible. Really disappointed.

Gonna be interesting when Suarez comes back for Liverpool.

Nah, he replaces Aspas, simple as that

Would anyone agree that Coutinho looked like he wasn't expecting such intense pressure from the midfield and defenders? Needs to learn that the better teams in this league will be at his heels before the ball gets to him

K1LLER7

Sign Herrera. We need someone who has the balls to put a tackle in and carry the ball forward. Ancelloti says Ozil is unhappy, bid the 40m we had for Fabregas on him.

But no, we'll stick with Giggs playing in midfield.

Mastadon

Banned
So what happens to Suarez now? They're playing much better without him.

I'm not sure about that, although we have a much better shape without him. He'll probably slot in on the right and be allowed to roam in to the middle and around the box. I think we struggle a little in an attacking sense without him, especially now that teams are doing their utmost to negate Coutinho.

Sane_Man

I'm so happy right now. Such a huge win. Definitely not a perfect performance but that second half defending reminded me of the glorious nights of Champions League football in 2005. I hope we can keep pushing on as the new signings settle in.

And fair play to Wilbur. He's a good egg.

Weidenfeller - Großkreutz, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Sahin - Blaszczykowski, Mkhitaryan, Reus - Lewandowski

Let's do this!

Frankfurt without Alex Meier and Rode, Oczipka on the bench. With those players out, that's almost a must win for us today.

Nah, he replaces Aspas, simple as that

Would anyone agree that Coutinho looked like he wasn't expecting such intense pressure from the midfield and defenders? Needs to learn that the better teams in this league will be at his heels before the ball gets to him

Aspas has looked completely average to me so far...early days obv, but think he is gonna lose his place pretty sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom