• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Congrats to LiverpoolGAF!

United shouldn't play without a 'proper' 2nd striker/playmaker again. They looked sterile up there.

chrT58D.png

tri_willy

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 3m

Kagawa creep up behind Moyes. I snap pencil next to ear. "THAT IS SOUND OF KLOPP HEART BREAKING YOU DESPICABLE BASTARD!"

lol

Think Sky said that this is the worst United start for 5 years.

Difficult start tbf, especially with a new manager at the helm. Wouldn;thave been surprisd for them to have got just 3 points from the first 3, so 4 is decent enough imo (they'll disagree though, as they're accustomed to winning)

L1NETT

Well done Liverpool gaf. Enjoy. Andre wisdom is my fav the blokes a bodybuilder. Bradford forever

How good is nani btw, great final ball. Top performance

sohois

I can't say I really understand the second half strategy Liverpool have been employing this season, but damn if it hasn't been effective thus far.

Henderson MOTM for me; no one really stood out but he was the key man in breaking up the United midfield and the only player with the energy to keep up his pressing and counter attacking for the whole game

dc89

Martin Demichelis is currently undergoing a medical at Manchester according to SSN.

so in short today is great.

- United lost
- City gonna sign more players!
- I'm eating apple crumble with cold custard. Dat contrasting temperature.

- We fucking lost
- Young was so unbelievably shit.
- Seriously, why the shit did we start with Young.
- Giggs, stahp.
- Welbeck can now shoot at goals. Still has shitty first touch on long balls.
- Fuck's sake Moyes. Just play Januzaj and Kagawa. Give them a chance.

+ Valencia was good
+ Nani was good
+ We played pretty well on the 2nd half

Not too fussed about losing at Anfield but the way we lost rubs me the wrong way. Same with Moyes's approach against Chelsea. He went for the seemingly 'safe' choices, but in reality, it was poor selection, playing for the draw from the beginning.

We always play like this at Anfield.

GorillaJu

I didn't read gaf during the game (was mostly standing pacing back and forth),

so I missed it if it was said that Henderson bossed the shit out of that game. He was damn near everywhere, stopped all of the dangerous attacks and was there supporting the full backs whenever Valencia or Welbeck had the ball.

He had a fantastic game and fully deserves his three starts he's had so far.

Edit: Looked up. Well in, boys :)

Martin Demichelis is currently undergoing a medical at Manchester according to SSN.

so in short today is great.

- United lost
- City gonna sign more players!
- I'm eating apple crumble with cold custard. Dat contrasting temperature.

Cold custard? You fucking cunny.

Either warm custard, or vanilla ice cream

Wilbur

Banned
Gerrard was great in the first half, Agger and Skrtel fantastic in the second.

Vidic the only player that turned up for us today really, he was just in front of everything. Such a shame that we negated Sturridge and Coutinho for 87 minutes and we couldn't do a fucking thing in front of their goal.

that was awful. my only consolation is that it reminds me of last seasons spurs loss and hey. now get to the fax machine woodward.

congrats liverpool. hard earned, but you fought well, kept great shape and took your chance.

We were nowhere near so bereft of ideas. We didn't collect yellow cards in petty frustration. We scored.

We always play like this at Anfield.

Oh yeah. I'm just beginning to sense a pattern with his selection in particular, and I hope I'm wrong about it, but it's hard to deny my suspicions.

subtles

I didn't read gaf during the game (was mostly standing pacing back and forth),

so I missed it if it was said that Henderson bossed the shit out of that game. He was damn near everywhere, stopped all of the dangerous attacks and was there supporting the full backs whenever Valencia or Welbeck had the ball.

He had a fantastic game and fully deserves his three starts he's had so far.

Edit: Looked up. Well in, boys :)

His energy and drive are unbelievable. The way we play now suits his technical strengths as well.

Gerrard was great in the first half, Agger and Skrtel fantastic in the second.

Vidic the only player that turned up for us today really, he was just in front of everything. Such a shame that we negated Sturridge and Coutinho for 87 minutes and we couldn't do a fucking thing in front of their goal.

De Gea showed up. Had great distribution and stopped whatever came his way.

Wilbur

Banned
Difficult start tbf, especially with a new manager at the helm. Wouldn;thave been surprisd for them to have got just 3 points from the first 3, so 4 is decent enough imo (they'll disagree though, as they're accustomed to winning)

At the start of the season I said if we get 4 points from our first 5 games (draw at Swansea, win against Palace), that's what I'll expect.

At the start of today I said if we got 9 from our first 5 (so a draw today and vs City, win against Palace), I'd be delighted. But no way we get anything at City if we play like we did today. We just looked so impotent.

Liverpool need to start turning up for the second half attacking wise, but I can understand why they sat back today and vs Villa. Defence were fantastic.

That Arsenal bench is a tragedy. You can't throw on players like Zelalem or Sanogo in a North London Derby. Zelalem is only 16, but built like he's 12, and Sanogo is so unaccustomed to how we play that he seems to stumble over the ball all the time.

Gnabry I have more confidence in being able to handle himself in a physical match, but that inexperience will be trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom