• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Overplayed at young age, too much emphasis on forceful tackles, hard sprints, long distance running

I honestly don't think Rodwell was overplayed at a young age. He just didn't have the brain nor the required fitness level to stay fit.

I am actually annoyed, but why don't the media delve deeper into the nature of injuries and the level of fitness required to stay injury free? There is no magic involved when it comes to Ronaldo or Messi playing 50 games a season with little to no injuries. They train hard to stay healthy and they use their brain when not to go into challenge and what not. It seems that many footballers in UK just don't know when to be careful when it comes to tackles and runs.

Plasma

Banned
Bendtner is off to Palace, hurrah.

Sorry Palace first Chamakh now Bendtner, we have Park still available if you want him to.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"He's not world class but he's top class." Surely top class is above world class because it's, well, top.

KuGsj.gif

LTWheels

@jackwfootball: Liverpool are the first ever team to win their first three Premier League games and not concede a goal in doing so. What a stat.

Zabojnik

How good is he again? I totally forgot.
KuGsj.gif

Is he better than my boy Zaza?

I have no idea, lol. People seem to think he's a bigger talent than Verratti. Like, a proper talent. It's more than enough go get me hyped. Unfortunately he'll skip tonight's game too, got a red card in the last match of the 2012/2013 season or something.

GorillaJu

Didn't like GTA IV at all. But am hyped as can be for GTA V.

Craziness. When will people learn?

Not to pick on you in particular, but when you let the hype overtake you, and you pre-order these big huge games, dropping $60 a pop, you're just feeding the derivative dudebro-churning AAA factory market.

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and a few others over the past year or so, and out of every game I've pre-ordered and bought into the hype, the Last of Us is the only game that has delivered an acceptable return to warrant its pre-release hype.

Without dwelling too much on software, I'm just completely done with the pre-release cycle on big games.

Wilbur

Banned
Craziness. When will people learn?

Not to pick on you in particular, but when you let the hype overtake you, and you pre-order these big huge games, dropping $60 a pop, you're just feeding the derivative dudebro-churning AAA factory market.

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and a few others over the past year or so, and out of every game I've pre-ordered and bought into the hype, the Last of Us is the only game that has delivered an acceptable return to warrant its pre-release hype.

Without dwelling too much on software, I'm just completely done with the pre-release cycle on big games.

bro GTAV is going to be GOTG no doubt. I can't wait. I mean, this life of mine is blowing supreme dick right now. GTA V and Pokemon are going to get me through it and just distract the fuck out of my brain while personal shit and Moyeezus try and fucking kill me.

jtb

Banned
@OptaJoe

20/11/10 - The last time Arsenal lost a Premier League game at the Emirates having been leading at half-time was vs Tottenham (3-2). Worry.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BTFhmQeCQAAaufp.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I have no idea, lol. People seem to think he's a bigger talent than Verratti. Like, a proper talent. It's more than enough go get me hyped. Unfortunately he'll skip tonight's game too, got a red card in the last match of the 2012/2013 season or something.

COCKS OUT

We'll see this season I guess.

Plasma

Banned
@OptaJoe

20/11/10 - The last time Arsenal lost a Premier League game at the Emirates having been leading at half-time was vs Tottenham (3-2). Worry.

Well at least Cesc isn't here anymore to stick his hand up in the wall while they take a free kick.

GorillaJu

So now that most of you watch Al Jazeera, what do you think of two hosts? I think those are the same two that got kicked out of Sky.

Andy Gray, yes, and I actually think he's not bad. The others, I'm not too big a fan of. To be fair, I'd much rather have lucid and intelligible pundits, even if I don't necessarily agree with what they say. I just think pretty much every pundit they have offers the same thing. They're all "old boys" in the game and point out and complain about the same issues. They're better than the awful commentators on MOTD, that much I can say.

I really don't mind Andy Gray even though a lot of Liverpool fans hate him. He's got a fair bit of wit, and seems to be much more concerned with issues of relevance than the others.

Plasma

Banned
Sagna on the bench today because his ill and now Jack taken off for stomach cramps, has somebody given our team a lasagna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom