• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
EF0Q18g.jpg

Such majesty.

Massive gap behind Soldado the whole game. And I'm people probably had a go at him, but he's got no one to link up with. We can't be starting with those three in midfield, we just can't. Dembele should sit out if we're going to play 4-3-3. He's not done enough.

GorillaJu

Oh man you guys are harsh.

100m well spent on quality players. Its their first game after putting together an almost entirely new team. Quality will come through in the end - Arsenal came in at a great time to play Spurs.

IMO AVB picked the wrong team today. Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue are three players who all tend to gravitate into the same exact role of breaking up play, pounding forward and recycling possession.

WJD

1. Sky fools twitter by getting the line up wrong
2. We all celebrate that Shinji is back
3. MUTV gives out real line up
4. United bro meltdown
5. Young loses ball by fucking around, giving a way the corner that Liverpool scores off of
6. Everyone bar De Gea and Vidic look like shit
7. RVP has no service
8. Young sucks and is a pussy. Plus he runs funny.
9. Giggs needs to stop being selected
10. Cleverley is average, but was below average in this game
11. Everyone in the game seemed piss, yellow cards are raining down

Sounds awful. Really awful. My mate said we were flat as fuck shape-wise too.

Wilbur

Banned

100m well spent on quality players. Its their first game after putting together an almost entirely new team. Quality will come through in the end - Arsenal came in at a great time to play Spurs.

Yeah, lol. Arsenal fans going nuts but they'd have fucking loved to spend the money Spurs did this window.

jtb

Banned

I agree. And really, it's basically zero net since Bale has sat out every game so far this season. Not that I think Bale would have changed the result.

Lightning

Banned

They also had a great time to play us. Played too many games and massive strike of injuries.

GorillaJu

Massive gap behind Soldado the whole game. And I'm people probably had a go at him, but he's got no one to link up with. We can't be starting with those three in midfield, we just can't. Dembele should sit out if we're going to play 4-3-3. He's not done enough.

That's the same conclusion I came to. Townsend isn't the right man to play with a striker like Soldado, IMO. Decision making really needs work, and Soldado needs someone to give him the ball in the box.

Manager

IMO AVB picked the wrong team today. Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue are three players who all tend to gravitate into the same exact role of breaking up play, pounding forward and recycling possession.

Also ignoring that Eriksen, Lamela and Romanian guy didnt start, £50m there. And Lamela has trained with the team once or twice. And, well, Bale away, which is new to them. Theyll just get better over time.

jtb

Banned
Flamini impressed. Flamini and Ramsey is a quality, physical midfield who can carry the ball to a creative player like Cazorla or Rosicky... hopefully his signing means we abandon Cabaye and go for someone like Di Maria.

I want Di Maria, and I really hope we can get him. Maybe some defensive cover would be nice, but I know Wenger's sees Flamini as that cover. Which is a mistake, but whatever.

nemesun

Fuck The Guardian, fuck The Dailymail, fuck The Sun, and fuck rest of the sensationalist media who predicted a power shift in the north London. Have at it, you mugs.

ShogunX

Super Sunday has been a let down.

Everyone go home please

It's been one of the best Super Sunday's for a long time. Not sure what UTD fans expected from a team led by David Moyes away from home. The man is still very much in Everton mode hence his shitty tactics, team selections and transfers.

MPW

It deserves to be said - Spurs are shite without Bale.

Lamela looks class for the couple of minutes he played and lets not forget this is his first match with new club

give him time and he will be world class .... and then sold to madrid :p

GorillaJu

All in all, a very poor week in the PL, imo.

Definitely. Results-wise, very happy, but performance wise, it was sloppy, cagey and flat all round. Arsenal had some radiant attacking spells, and Crystal Palace winning their game 3-1 was a pretty entertaining match, but those are the two bright spots in a fairly clanky week.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck The Guardian, fuck The Dailymail, fuck The Sun, and fuck rest of the sensationalist media who predicted a power shift in the north London. Have at it, you mugs.

:lol

Basing it off one game at your stadium when Arsenal have a point to prove and Spurs are trying to bed an entire team together is a tad premature.

MPW

we'll see who is 4th at the end of the season

both clubs even on points, all to play for

Fergie

Banned
It's just one match after Spurs spent 100m, I'm sure it will be different next time you lot meet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom