• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, same. Theo, Mig, Zaba and Turner. No goals from any of my players ;_;

And my buddy captained Yaya Toure, the cheeky fucker.

Woah, almost the exact same, Theo, Mig, Turner and Lescott for me.

I'm hoping people sell up on RVP and his price drops a couple of points. Unlikely but I'm hoping. Time to bring him in.

Meier

Totally understand why the Arsenal fans are talking it up, but if this were at WHL, then some of the comments would be more valid.

MPW

congrats arsenal

however, Mertesacker is incapable of passing to a teammate

how the fuck is he starting for arsenal?

Scum

I knew it! I just fucking knew it! I told the lads at work that the tea to watch out for will be Liverpool this year.

Year of Liverpool.

Salvadora

:lol

Basing it off one game at your stadium when Arsenal have a point to prove and Spurs are trying to bed an entire team together is a tad premature.
You are right, but when you spend that sort of money you expect better regardless of bedding in time.

Spurs were remarkably poor. They didn't look like they gave a fuck either, AVB/Lloris aside.

omgkitty

congrats arsenal

however, Mertesacker is incapable of passing to a teammate

how the fuck is he starting for arsenal?

He normally has some of the best passing stats on the team. Passing wasn't as clinical today as he usually is but Spurs were pressing up field a lot.

Wilbur

Banned
You are right, but when you spend that sort of money you expect better regardless of bedding in time.

Spurs were remarkably poor. They didn't look like they gave a fuck either, AVB/Lloris aside.

I disagree. If it was at home to some shit team and no one in the side was firing, fair enough. Away at Arsenal who are going to be extra motivated to win, I don't see much reason for expecting a bunch of new boys to understand the passion and intensity that the derby brings, and they're on a different wavelength completely to Cazorla/Walcott/Giroud who have had a year to play.

Lamela's trained with the team what, once maybe? He only signed yesterday. Sandro's coming back from injury and being thrown into a high pressure and fast match. Townsend and Walker are guff and they cost nothing really.

rangersmad92

Neo Member
2 awful game which go no further as to giving any indication who is going to finish in the top 4.

Looking forward to seeing Lamela in action when he has got used to the pace in the premier league.

GorillaJu

iiqzueDVyPdSo.jpg

ibr1bXfLBwnWRU.jpg

irX32oeLqXJEs.jpg

EliCash

Totally understand why the Arsenal fans are talking it up, but if this were at WHL, then some of the comments would be more valid.

Agree, I understand but they don't need to play the "£100 million vs £0" card. They were always the favourites for me. Good victory though and Wenger needed it, and I'm glad he got it. But Spurs signings will prove impressive I'm sure, I like a lot of those players and I hope they gel.

Thought Giroud and Lloris were both fantastic. And Flamini proved a good move.

MPW

I just read that PSG and one of the manchester clubs put a bid in for him. They didn't specify how much though, but they said Perez are willing to listen to offers.

think it is too late in the transfer market unless PSG makes an offer madrid just can't refuse

maybe next summer

i know isco has been great so far but lets see if he keeps it up for the whole season

WJD

1. Sky fools twitter by getting the line up wrong
2. We all celebrate that Shinji is back
3. MUTV gives out real line up
4. United bro meltdown
5. Young loses ball by fucking around, giving a way the corner that Liverpool scores off of
6. Everyone bar De Gea and Vidic look like shit
7. RVP has no service
8. Young sucks and is a pussy. Plus he runs funny.
9. Giggs needs to stop being selected
10. Cleverley is average, but was below average in this game
11. Everyone in the game seemed piss, yellow cards are raining down

Sounds awful. Really awful. My mate said we were flat as fuck shape-wise too.

GorillaJu

Arsenal were favorites going in, no question. I know people are riding the Spurs hype wave, but as of yet none of their new signings have shown the kind of spark you want to see with new players. Having yet to score a goal from open play this season, I wouldn't have tipped them as favorites.

Liverpool beating United was an underdog victory, but the way United set up going in, with no Rooney or Kagawa, I'm not sure you could legitimately say they were the favorites.

jtb

Banned
I disagree. If it was at home to some shit team and no one in the side was firing, fair enough. Away at Arsenal who are going to be extra motivated to win, I don't see much reason for expecting a bunch of new boys to understand the passion and intensity that the derby brings, and they're on a different wavelength completely to Cazorla/Walcott/Giroud who have had a year to play.

Lamela's trained with the team what, once maybe? He only signed yesterday. Sandro's coming back from injury and being thrown into a high pressure and fast match. Townsend and Walker are guff and they cost nothing really.

all but one player (Bale) was part of the squad that finished one point behind us last season. AVB chose to play those players, it didn't work.

Spurs lacked a quality creative player last season and they still lack one. AVB's playing a pretty physical 4-3-3 but Defoe, Soldado are not Drogba and Adebayor is shit. I don't think it has much to do with time to gel and more to do with the fact that they just don't have too many quality chance-creating passers in the team. And haven't really since Modric was sold. Spurs had all the possession but created very few chances today.

PaulLFC

Moyes: "I thought we played really well. I could tell why we're champions today."

I saw that posted before and thought it was a joke. Just saw it on Tony Barrett's Twitter so I'm assuming it isn't and instead going to just say, does Moyes realise how ridiculous quotes like that make him look? I mean he's not going to come out and say "we were shit" but come on, "played really well"? United were poor at best - us giving them basically all possession in the second half and them creating the square root of itsfuckingnothing.gif should have told him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom