• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Trying to decide which team I should support since Wolverhampton will be nowhere near the Premier League, and I'm down to two choices Tottenham or Liverpool. I don't know how to decide which one I'll support. Which teams has better long term prospects? Which team has less douchey players?

edit: Arsenal is another consideration considering all my friends here are Arsenal supporters.

Dortmund is in great form. Those are the matches you gotta win, the ones that will make the difference in the long run.

We played like shit after the 0-1 :(

Money well spent, Micky saved our ass today.

2oygkWb.jpg

Bayern be close...

What

How did Bayern win the non-existent German league cup 6 times?

bud

Wenger on transfers: “Maybe we’ll have a good surprise for you”

"We need one or two super players. Maybe in 24 hours we can surprise you!

will it be A surprise or TWO surprises, arsene.

please i need two because two is more than one

Salvadora

It must be said, Kieran Gibbs and Carl Jenkinson are developing into mighty fine players.

The later being an Arsenal man through and through is icing on the cake.
iDlOI2Ahlusnh.gif

Giving Danny Welbeck a run for his money.

phaze

No no no that was a different Bioshock.
3AQmK.gif

And in my (poor) defence, it was INSIDE a spoilers tag.

Witcher 1, Bioshock 1, Bioshock Infinite Spoilers !!! DO NOT highlight if you haven't finished those games.

Not that there was any harm done. I largely ejected it from memory and you didn't spoil that much. But IMO given the appearance in B:I of the "Old Elizabeth" who is very similar to de Aldersberg and what Elizabeth does at the very end of the game, that comparison spoils a bit of Infinite too.

I must say that I find similarities to B1 harder to find, though I haven't played it in ages.

Cheers. :)

deroli

Average game today. Our attack looked great at times, besides Lewandowski who bottled every chance he got. But our defense... oh my. Schmelzer, Subotic and Hummels had their opponents never under control. So many insecurities, whether it's unneccesary fouls or set pieces that were given to Frankfurt, bad defending of long balls or just the lack of coordination in the back four.
But of course, we took those precious three points and have extended our lead in the Bundesliga :-*

EliCash

Trying to decide which team I should support since Wolverhampton will be nowhere near the Premier League, and I'm down to two choices Tottenham or Liverpool. I don't know how to decide which one I'll support. Which teams has better long term prospects? Which team has less douchey players?

edit: Arsenal is another consideration considering all my friends here are Arsenal supporters.

Support Spurs. Your time with friends will be more interesting. Plus it'll be interesting to see how their players perform. Also Brendan Rodgers is cringeworthy and Sturridge does an annoying dance.

MPW

Wenger on transfers: “Maybe we’ll have a good surprise for you”

"We need one or two super players. Maybe in 24 hours we can surprise you!

will it be A surprise or TWO surprises, arsene.

please i need two because two is more than one

kaka and casillas

Salvadora

he actually had a pretty game, right? those potentially leg-breaking tackles are a bit too much, though.
I don't really know, to be honest.

He came on in the first half and other than that leg-breaker, I can't remember him much. That might be a good thing though.

Go with Arsenal, mate.

Beautiful football, entertainment of all kinds. We have it all (except trophies). Come into the fold.

Feorax

The table doesn't lie ;)

It fucking does. Save yourself!

phaze

Support Arsenal; no douchey players and best prospects.

Most entertaining team to watch too.
For neutrals

xbhaskarx

So does Arsenal winning by 1 at home against a Spurs team that played well despite having no time to gel mean they're not going to spend any money, because that would be hilarious....

Dibbz

he actually had a pretty game, right? those potentially leg-breaking tackles are a bit too much, though.

He has the work rate of Ramsey and the determination of Wilshire. Fuck me I forgot just how much I missed him (not really I cried about it all the time).

Bring back Fabregas and we can do this.

#ReuniteTheBand

Average game today. Our attack looked great at times, besides Lewandowski who bottled every chance he got. But our defense... oh my. Schmelzer, Subotic and Hummels had their opponents never under control. So many insecurities, whether it's unneccesary fouls or set pieces that were given to Frankfurt, bad defending of long balls or just the lack of coordination in the back four.
But of course, we took those precious three points and have extended our lead in the Bundesliga :-*

Don't agree there. They were indeed bad but it wasn't only them, it was the whole team. When Frankfurt attacked wither their wingers, Schmelzer and Großkreutz were alone pretty much all the time. Reus and Kuba didn't really track back at the right time and also Sahin and Bender were in the wrong place most of the time. Our defense has always been great when everyone was doing his part in defense, that's how Klopp's tactics work.

Mastadon

Banned
I would advise against supporting Liverpool if you:

- Have any heart conditions
- Enjoy being popular and well liked
- Aren't racist
- Like winning things.

FuturusX

I say we are top of the league...I say we are top of the league!

Oh and Arsenal football isn't that pretty anymore, not since Fabergas left. #trollface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom