• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

finally!

now plz don't be a bigger flop than Kaka

Bale pretty much cant be a flop. He's far too much of an athlete and his left foot has too much quality for it to happen. The man is a fucking specimen and I'm glad to see him move from Spurs.

jtb

Banned
£40m for Ozil....

That seems like a ton.

Really? I think just a season ago, most teams would've pounced on him w/o hesitation at that price. Questions over his attitude/commitment aside, he's still one of the best creative players in the world.

I'd be surprised if they sold though. And I'd be even more surprised if we actually beat other teams to his signing.

Milan XI: 4-3-1-2 Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Montolivo; Matri, Robinho.

Super Mario on the bench.

okay not really lol. But Robinho IS staring.

Fukkk Allegri. What a cunt. El Sha finally showing some decent form, and he benches him for fucking Robinho.

I cannot wait until we have a new manager next year, this guy needs to go back to coaching mid-table clubs.

Wilbur

Banned
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Real Madrid C.F. and Tottenham Hotspur FC have reached an agreement for the transfer of Gareth #Bale who will play for the Whites for the next 6 seasons.

The player will be presented tomorrow at 13:00 CET at the Santiago Bernabéu.

What's likely to be Gareth Hashtagbale's first game? Like, do you think he'll play the first league game back, or maybe Hashtagbale will be saved for the CL?

panty

Yay for Bail to fuck up our team more :lol

What happens to Di Maria and Özil now? He better be as good as Ronnie.

Goddamit shit fuck

dc89

El Shaa isn't even for sale.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m

And El Shaarawy surprisingly tonight is on the bench...

its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Milan XI: 4-3-1-2 Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Montolivo; Matri, Robinho.

Super Mario on the bench.

okay not really lol. But Robinho IS staring.

El Sha leaving Italy would suck 4 now

yurt pls you didn't comment on this post and i thought you would have loved it

Arsenal haven't even got one
Parma aren't even in it
Monaco are tax haven cunts
Bale has anaemia/hepatitis/AIDS

Labadal

Borini on loan? Selling would have been better.

I wonder what's up with Pacheco, can't believe he hasn't moved. Almost all unwanted players are gone or loaned out.

Toure
Enrique
Sissokho
Sakho
Ilori
Agger
Skrtel
Johnson
Kelly
Wisdom (should loan out)
Coates :(

Gerrard
Lucas
Allen

Henderson
Coutinho
Sterling
Moses
Ibe (in cups)
Alberto

Aspas
Suarez
Sturridge

I'd like to see a backup player for Lucas. If he gets injured, we're in trouble.
Suddenly, we have an abundance of defenders.

I hope this squad can make it to a European competition. Looks like a better squad than we had last year.

Suen

Arsenal haven't even got one
Parma aren't even in it
Monaco are tax haven cunts
Bale has anaemia/hepatitis/AIDS
You can't even beat Cunterpool, the downfall of Moyes and Cunt United has begun, soon even the likes of Bradford will overtake you :looooooooooooool

Wilbury join me and support Parma pls

panty

What's likely to be Gareth Hashtagbale's first game? Like, do you think he'll play the first league game back, or maybe Hashtagbale will be saved for the CL?

Sep 17 19:45 BST Galatasaray v Real Madrid Türk Telekom Arena Champions League (2013 First Phase)
Sep 21 16:00 BST Real Madrid v Getafe Estadio Santiago Bernabéu La Liga
Sep 24 16:00 BST Elche v Real Madrid Martínez Valero La Liga

His pre-season was nonexistent so I don't know if he's fully fit? Would love to see him as soon as possible though, he needs to perform right at the start.

Wilbur

Banned
You can't even beat Cunterpool, the downfall of Moyes and Cunt United has begun, soon even the likes of Bradford will overtake you :looooooooooooool

Wilbury join me and support Parma pls

Parma can get fucked. Juventus/Roma/Fiorentina all the way.

I'm a bare casual Serie A fan xoxo

Bale has signed a six-year deal and his wages, before tax, come in at around £300,000.

€100m/£85m transfer fee.

Both of these sentences absolutely disgust me. Fucking hell, all for one Welsh rarebit.

Hey, if they wait this long to get him they're gonna have to pay the premium price. He's young and extremely talented with plenty of experience already, that's just the price you gotta pay for top talent these days.

Certainly a class player on a good day. But that's the point, on a good day. There has been no signs he has improved his consistency over the last few years and for 40m, there's surely a better player to get. I mean, just pay 3-4 million more and you could get Draxler. I'd rather do that to be hoenst, I can see Özil flopping hard at a club like Arsenal or just at any club in the PL.

Showaddy

He's going to be really unfit even if's his 'injury' is genuine so I can't see him starting for a while.

Salvadora

Really? I think just a season ago, most teams would've pounced on him w/o hesitation at that price. Questions over his attitude/commitment aside, he's still one of the best creative players in the world.

I'd be surprised if they sold though. And I'd be even more surprised if we actually beat other teams to his signing.
A ton in the context of Arsenal's record signing being well below £20m :p

I suppose I haven't had the chance to watch him every week, his stats are incredibly impressive. The market is also inflated beyond belief at the moment. I thought maybe Real Madrid might've been desperate for cash and sold players at bargain prices!

JonnyBrad

James Richardson should present more football. Can't believe only "new" broadcasters give him a look in, one of the best presenters there is IMO. At least he's got a decent amount to do at BT now though with the Sunday night football show.

In a world where they wanted MOTD2 to be more mainstream so got rid of Colin Murray its unlikely he'd ever get a gig.

Football Weekly podcast is the greatest thing ever.

flippedb

Banned
Fukkk Allegri. What a cunt. El Sha finally showing some decent form, and he benches him for fucking Robinho.

I cannot wait until we have a new manager next year, this guy needs to go back to coaching mid-table clubs.
Damn this cunt. To think I didn't want him to leave.
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 6m

And El Shaarawy surprisingly tonight is on the bench...

http://readwrite.com/files/its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
It was rumoured El Shaa wasn't starting in the last 3 games, I think.

jtb

Banned
also we should absolutely hijack the Sakho deal. Young, promising, french? Why is Wenger not all over this?

Meier

Only way we sign El Shaa IMO is if we sell Dzeko and/or Nasri. He is the same kind of player as Jovetic (either a Striker, LW or False 9 type) so I just don't really get it.

Suen

£40m for Ozil....

That seems like a ton.
It's worth it. Özil is class and when he's having a good game he's amazing, could play for any top team. If us (us as in Arse-GAF you cunts) sign him then all we need to do to improve him is to improve his endurance and make him more consistent in the games. Oh yeah we also need to tell him to fucking shoot the ball when he has a clear chance. He will be a great signing.

Isn't that what you guys said when Ronaldo came?
Shouldn't you be more worried about how Pep is slowly fucking up your team at Rosell's and Messi's orders?

You know, benching El Sha is really not necessarily a sign that he is on the market.

What the rumour-mongers are missing is that Allegri really is that fucking stupid, to bench him for Robinho for no particular reason.

flippedb

Banned
You know, benching El Sha is really not necessarily a sign that he is on the market.

What the rumour-mongers are missing is that Allegri really is that fucking stupid, to bench him for Robinho for no particular reason.

They seem to not know this is Allegri, yes. It wouldn't be the first time El Shaa doesn't start, anyway.

K1LLER7

We'll find out tonight where Ozil is going. I think he'll join Arsenal but Spanish Radio say its between PSG or Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom