• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

It's more of a dream signing than anything. After Klopp, Draxler would be my most wanted German at the club.

The original Twitter rumours today were actually a £40m bid for Draxler, with some quotes from him about if Schalke wanted to sell him he'd be prepared to leave.
I think that if I had a choice between Ozil and Draxler, I would chose Ozil.

Draxler is undoubtedly a huge talent with buckets of potential, but we need the now. Ozil's stats speak for themselves.

PaulLFC

I'm talking about why the result happened, not what the result is. See you at the end of the season when United have either won the league or at least come close whilst Liverpool fail miserably to even make the top 4 again.
Results matter, why doesn't even come into it. It's good for debate, it affects nothing. Results are results, however they end up happening - and results are all that matter in the league. Ah one of your predictions, I wonder if you're any better at those than you are at reading comprehension and convincing debate?

Real Madrid are pretty low on clubs I like to watch so I don't see much of Ozil. I've read some incredible statistics (something like 81 assists in 151 appearances for Madrid) which will likely be lowered since he'll be playing it into Walcott and not Ronaldo now.

I'm a bit of an Wenger-apologist and it wouldn't surprise me to see him reach his peak over the next years before another big move when he's 27/28. The market by this point will no doubt be even more messed up. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to see the money spent on Draxler who could play on the left while Carzola continues to play down the middle.

You might as well play Özil on the wing, he's constantly switching sides and runs wherever he wants, anyway. That is if he doesn't decide to do fuck at all. You'd need a good RB or LB because Özil's defensive work isn't all that great, though.

Wilbur

Banned
Bacon, you don't want to see it. Truss

Results matter, why doesn't even come into it. It's good for debate, it affects nothing. Results are results, however they end up happening - and results are all that matter in the league. Ah one of your predictions, I wonder if you're any better at those than you are at reading comprehension and convincing debate?

shut up paul mufc is the best ok?

PaulLFC

shut up paul mufc is the best ok?
NO

Kolo is best

8OJTDBS.gif

doicare is better than me cause he plays it straight, no trolling.

also, i'll only post here again AFTER the market is closed. gonna be madness, like rumours of Suarez to Real for 50mil €.

Suen

Oh yeah I agree, but there's a good quality of teams around in it. Fiorentina, Milan, Napoli and Roma are almost always worth watching. Inter will be stronger this year, Lazio and Udinese are always about as well.

I think in the PL you get the 6 teams that are considered the best ones but then you have Swansea, Everton, Southampton; teams that are pretty good to watch also.

All the leagues have around 8-10 teams worth watching on a consistent basis really; personally I prefer PL and Serie A, but even so La Liga has the big two, Atleti, Bilbao, Sociedad, Valencia, Sevilla, Malaga. And Bundes has Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Hannover, Schalke, Hamburg who are always good for a laugh...

All the leagues are simultaneously under and overrated.
But only one league has goal line technology, the superior league.

omgkitty

Real Madrid are pretty low on clubs I like to watch so I don't see much of Ozil. I've read some incredible statistics (something like 81 assists in 151 appearances for Madrid) which will likely be lowered since he'll be playing it into Walcott and not Ronaldo now.

I'm a bit of an Wenger-apologist and it wouldn't surprise me to see him reach his peak over the next years before another big move when he's 27/28. The market by this point will no doubt be even more messed up. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to see the money spent on Draxler who could play on the left while Carzola continues to play down the middle.

I agree but I've been such a big fan of Ozils ever since he was at Werder Bremen. I see us continuing our current formation with Cazorla out wide thus making a spot for him. I also think given Draxlers new contract we'd paying even more for him than we would for Ozil.

Linius

I must say btw, the one thing I'm jelly of with iPhone owners is the amount of cool cases they can choose from. So many official merchandising has iPhone cases and such. That's something I miss with my Xperia Z.

doicare is better than me cause he plays it straight, no trolling.

also, i'll only post here again AFTER the market is closed. gonna be madness, like rumours of Suarez to Real for 50mil €.

We all know your true nature now, it isn't like the old times when you trolled.

Now all you do is deliver poems that give Wilbur near death experiences.

K1LLER7

"Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines with their agents in Hale tonight ready for the Old Trafford deal in the morning. No sign of Herrera."

Herrera to come in the morning. It's happening United bros.

Wilbur

Banned
why is bla banned?

self requested ban?

There's only so many times you can type BAYERRRNNNNNNNN before someone gets tired of it, baby

We all know your true nature now, it isn't like the old times when you trolled.

Now all you do is deliver poems that give Wilbur near death experiences.

I read one while doing a shit last week and I'm fucking sure my liver was in the toilet after. It was stunning.

spidye

Stoke City have confirmed the signing of Austrian international striker Marko Arnautovic from Werder Bremen.

wat?

seriously WAT?????

that little shithead

he's even more talented than alaba but he's just so dumb. always making the wrong decision.

oh well.

There's only so many times you can type BAYERRRNNNNNNNN before someone gets tired of it, baby
who got tired?
Mumei? Kabouter?
pls

Barzul

Ozil, Vivianno, Di Maria, Ba (loan) . Not a bad deadline day if this is what happens. We'd still have Chambo, Arteta, Podolski and Vermaelen to return.

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Stan Collymore ‏@StanCoIIymore 31m
Trust me when I say this but ALL the Arsenal bashers and the #WengerOut brigade will be in hiding tomorrow. Monumental stuff happening now.

Oh my.

flippedb

Banned
I must say btw, the one thing I'm jelly of with iPhone owners is the amount of cool cases they can choose from. So many official merchandising has iPhone cases and such. That's something I miss with my Xperia Z.

Imagine how us, WindowsPhone users, feel.

omgkitty

Trust me when I say this but ALL the Arsenal bashers and the #WengerOut brigade will be in hiding tomorrow. Monumental stuff happening now.

Oh my.

Stop it! Stop it! I'm way too damn excited right now and I know my dreams will be crushed.

Wilbur

Banned

Oh my.

You think if he did have a scoop he'd fucking break it so everyone goes "well lets trust Collymore from now, he's first to the news"

do u not know how modern day media works, stanley

i cant even ask him. the cunt's blocked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom