• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.
milan have fallen quite a bit. why are they celebrating the return of an expensive has-been?

Probably because Kakà for free is better than nothing, or because a lot of people still love him despite what happened 4 years ago. We can't buy players like Ozil or Thiago or Gotze, we still don't have enough money and people know that (well, most of them). Maybe next year we'll buy somebody expensive (we still do that, after all we bought Balo eight months ago and we'll have to pay his transfer fee for 6 years iirc), Berlusconi's daughter said that we have to expect a lot of cheap - possibly good players and maybe a top player once a year or something.
Trust me, he's going to do well with you.
I don't have high expectations, if he helps us good, otherwise I don't really care. He was free, after all.
Nainggolan confirmed on twitter he's staying at Cagliari despite some 'heavy and pleasing interest'.

So I guess that means no Astori for Milan either.

We'll come back in January. :]

No Astori for us either.

Noirulus

Madrid bros

Bale will win you games on his own. You've signed another Ronaldo. At first, I didn't expect Bale to be as effective, but I can see him grabbing another 30+ goals this season. He'll single handedly win you games. You don't need Ozil anymore.

Man, fuck that. I'm not keen on Ancelotti's new system. I wish he would've adapted the 4-2-3-1 system which the squad, especially Ozil, is familiar with rather than implementing his usual 4-3-3 from years past.

Now Bale is here and it looks like the plan is to play through our wingers, ManU-style. I prefer going through a playmaker than through wingers.

Tc91

What happened Madrid bro?

Loads of them crowded around the Sky reporter and they had to cut him off cause they were swearing.

What's the latest on Herrera? Can't really keep up with this thread since I'm playing FFXIV, just got SSN on but they ain't saying shit!

MPW

Probably because Kakà for free is better than nothing, or because a lot of people still love him despite what happened 4 years ago. We can't buy players like Ozil or Thiago or Gotze, we still don't have enough money and people know that (well, most of them). Maybe next year we'll buy somebody expensive (we still do that, after all we bought Balo eight months ago and we'll have to pay his transfer fee for 6 years iirc), Berlusconi's daughter said that we have to expect a lot of cheap - possibly good players and maybe a top player once a year or something.

wait, how could milan afford to buy expensive players and/or provide big wages to players before and now they can't?

nemesun

Is he a big Alan Partridge fan?
RkDkr.gif

justjohn

Why did spurs think it was a good idea to pay adebayor 130k a week? You cant blame him for not wanting to leave as he knows no one else is that stupid to pay him even half that.

phaze

WC is coming up, OZIL wants to play in his preferred position, he wants more $$$ and doesn't want to fight for a starting spot. Everything that Arsenal can provide.

Don't fuck this up Arsenal

Don't worry he will be a good backup option in case Ramsey gets injured.

Are Chelsea actually considering selling Mata ? Oo Mou is cray cray.

Pachimari

Man, fuck that. I'm not keen on Ancelotti's new system. I wish he would've adapted the 4-2-3-1 system which the squad, especially Ozil, is familiar with rather than implementing his usual 4-3-3 from years past.

Now Bale is here and it looks like the plan is to play through our wingers, ManU-style. I prefer going through a playmaker than through wingers.

I would say he has played more of a 4-2-2-2 but now the system probably has to be changed with Bale's arrival, which isn't good, as we had prepared our new play in pre-season.

Also, anyone calling himself a madridista and being happy about Özil going is delusional or supports more clubs than Real.

cremino

The Gazzetta dello Sport says that Daniel De Rossi's partner is four and a half months' pregnant and this is one of the main reasons why he did not want to leave Roma and head for England.

wait, how could milan afford to buy expensive players and/or provide big wages to players before and now they can't?

Before: Berlusconi (and his companies) helped Milan when we had to pay debt around at the end of the fiscal year, so we could spend a bit more during the transfer market.

Now: Berlusconi (especially his son/daughters) don't want to see their future money going wasted on Milan, so we're forced to be really careful when we buy a player.

Which is fine by me, it's their money after all, but at some point they'll have to sell the team if they don't want to invest anymore.

Edit: From time to time Berlusconi decided to spend a big amount of money in one transfer window, but it's not like we were used to spend hundreds of milions every year.

fuenf

2 world class wingers can be awesome, but it helps if one of them is more of a playmaker. Even then it took Bayern lots of time to adjust to it, Heynckes cracked the code last season by letting both Robben & Ribery do whatever shit they want to and have them free roam all over the pitch. Wingers staying on their side of the pitch will get figured out easily, but them being all over the pitch and linking up is the stuff dreams are made of.

K1LLER7

"according to AS, three United reps have entered The LFP offices. Probably to pay the buyout clause in Ander's contract."

Get it done before 11PM!!

K1LLER7

"To all #MUFC fans who retweeted and replied. They're there to get the reciept of Herrera's release clause. Some misunderstandings there #2pl"

It's paid?

Iwannaseethereceipts.gif

Noirulus

2 world class wingers can be awesome, but it helps if one of them is more of a playmaker. Even then it took Bayern lots of time to adjust to it, Heynckes cracked the code last season by letting both Robben & Ribery do whatever shit they want to and have them free roam all over the pitch. Wingers staying on their side of the pitch will get figured out easily, but them being all over the pitch and linking up is the stuff dreams are made of.

If we win La Decima I wouldn't be too sad. It's just that Ozil was poised to become the next Zidane and now he's leaving us after just 3 seasons. ;_;

Raytow

I would say he has played more of a 4-2-2-2 but now the system probably has to be changed with Bale's arrival, which isn't good, as we had prepared our new play in pre-season.

Also, anyone calling himself a madridista and being happy about Özil going is delusional or supports more clubs than Real.
Not happy, but the guy is very indolent, and intermittent, specially in big matches he disappears like nobody's business.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Sky Sports in Germany (on live satellite link to their British counterparts) claim Arsenal's deal for Ozil will happen, but it's not close yet. Then say it'll happen any minute now

This is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom