• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

"according to AS, three United reps have entered The LFP offices. Probably to pay the buyout clause in Ander's contract."

Get it done before 11PM!!

it's fun dealing with Bilbao isnt it? ;) I wonder if someone from United called up Rummenigge and asked how they did it. Bayern's lawyers worked for two weeks to make sure there are no taxes involved. But not that they've set the precedint it should be relatively easy to trigger the clause.

cremino

Barry Bannan has joined Crystal Palace from Aston Villa on three-year deal

Reports that Shane Long is to split from the Ireland squad for a few moments to wrap up a move to Hull.

Walshy

Barry Bannan has joined Crystal Palace from Aston Villa on three-year deal

Reports that Shane Long is to split from the Ireland squad for a few moments to wrap up a move to Hull.
Is it odd I think Shane Long can do a lot better than Hull?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BTLP_3sIgAE8jV_.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think Barcelona did well to withdraw from this transfer window, the prices that are being thrown around for some of the players jesus lol

we can hold on until winter with puyol, mascherano and shitque.

fuenf

If we win La Decima I wouldn't be too sad. It's just that Ozil was poised to become the next Zidane and now he's leaving us after just 3 seasons. ;_;

Nah I'm not trying to lighten your mood. Selling Özil is a big mistake, it'll lower CR7s productivity a lot and most of all CR7 & Bale would have to contribute on defense to make it work, lol. Neymar & Messi should top Bale / CR7 easily.

Wilbur

Banned
Is it odd I think Shane Long can do a lot better than Hull?

Nope, I really rate him. He's never going to score a fuckload of goals but he can pass, he's fast, he'll run all day, he's always a handful. Think he should be playing for a top 12 team or so. Newcastle and Everton could do much worse.

Get it done, Woodward.

it's fun dealing with Bilbao isnt it? ;) I wonder if someone from United called up Rummenigge and asked how they did it. Bayern's lawyers worked for two weeks to make sure there are no taxes involved. But not that they've set the precedint it should be relatively easy to trigger the clause.

Yup, I'd assume the precedent is pretty clear after Javi last summer. Same club and everything.

Omiee

man i love the transfer deadline, so many people wanting to buy someone.

hope we get to do something during the winter transfer window.

This is getting stressful, fuck it I'm getting out the whiskey.

Everyone always gets excited for deadline day and then it comes and it just mentally fucks you up.

Nah I'm not trying to lighten your mood. Selling Özil is a big mistake, it'll lower CR7s productivity a lot and most of all CR7 & Bale would have to contribute on defense to make it work, lol. Neymar & Messi should top Bale / CR7 easily.

Didn't Özil disappear in most of the big matches, though?

Madrid will score their goals against Elche or something with or without Özil. But Isco/Bale shining in big matches could actually improve them.

Wilbur

Banned
It's fucking seven o'clock. Four hours ago Fellaini was meeting up with Belgium later. Four hours ago Herrera was lowering his wage demands. Four hours ago Shinji had put down the Moyeezus voodoo doll.

now

im just scared

If we get our targets and Arsenal don't get Ozil I'll fucking die of laughter.

If we don't get our targets and Arsenal get Ozil, we finish sixth

its d-day

herrera for 35m is the definition of a panic buy. especially with no option for installments, good lord.

Not entirely. United have been scouting him for the past two seasons. Even made enquiries. I'm sure our preference was acquiring an easier target though. Dealing with Athletic, we were always going to pay the release clause if we went for him, which is what makes this last minute bullshit infuriating. Same with Fellaini, who we're now paying over the expired release clause for, if he comes.

I think Barcelona did well to withdraw from this transfer window, the prices that are being thrown around for some of the players jesus lol

hells no, the team needs a central defender, Mascherano is atrocious in through balls, Pique too slow, Barcelona missed the train with Sakho and nowadays dont have the stones to get youngters with potential, still holding on to the lie that is/was Bartra/Muniesa/Fontas

Walshy

Nope, I really rate him. He's never going to score a fuckload of goals but he can pass, he's fast, he'll run all day, he's always a handful. Think he should be playing for a top 12 team or so. Newcastle and Everton could do much worse.
Everton is a great shout, he would be better options that Kone and Jelavic.

I remember he ran riot against us in the opening fixture last season. Always rated him.

Noirulus

CR7s productivity has already dropped a bit due to the new system. Isco has been much better than him, for example.

Bale has the ability to drop back and defend when needed, I'm sure. But there's no way Messi - Neymar will top Bale / CR7 when Barcelona's defense is in shambles and Valdes has to bail them out. (See: 3-2 against Valencia)

Withdraw from the transfer window
Spent whoknowshowmuch on Neymar

jtb

Banned
If we actually manage to get Ba and Ozil, this would actually be a pretty successful transfer window. So don't fuck this up, Wenger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom