• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

That's me haha. It's a Huuntelaar jersey. When it comes to national teams I don't really have an allegiance to anyone and just follow who I enjoy watching and who has players I like. I also like buying jerseys, so there's that too.

Well th. Dutch are the best so you did well :p

Salazar

Picturing a double pivot of Fellaini and Khedira makes my skull hurt.

Surely he doesn't meet our rigid scientific specifications. What fucking metric does he satisfy ?

2RpFWCN.gif

^ Joe Hart School of Excellence

Rad-

Fuck me if we really loan Adnan to Blackburn. If we loan him it needs to be to a PL club. Or I dunno why we are loaning him in the first place. He would be much more useful to our first team than the likes of Young.

Arnie

What fucking metric does he satisfy ?

In Top Trumps:

Turkishometer - 96%

Going to go for a run down the canal with The Anfield Wrap before an intense CV revamp with Nandos tonight. Living like a prince at the moment. Just read the paper in my undies eating revels. Fucking swell.

Klopp:
"It makes you wonder. We were interested in some players, four weeks ago, they told us, no chance, we're keeping him. And then on Monday at 11:59 pm, bam, he's suddenly gone. But they are a bit late in England. We like to have our full squad together before pre-season starts. But that doesn't always work."

Lukaku?

Klopp:
"It makes you wonder. We were interested in some players, four weeks ago, they told us, no chance, we're keeping him. And then on Monday at 11:59 pm, bam, he's suddenly gone. But they are a bit late in England. We like to have our full squad together before pre-season starts. But that doesn't always work."

Lukaku?

Possible, Lukaku did say himself they weren't letting him go until the day of the loan. But also think there's something about Lukaku having to stay on loan in England because of that "trained in nation" rule.

Yen

In Top Trumps:

Turkishometer - 96%

Going to go for a run down the canal with The Anfield Wrap before an intense CV revamp with Nandos tonight. Living like a prince at the moment. Just read the paper in my undies eating revels. Fucking swell.
This is like something Big Sam would say on twitter.

Meier

Wahahahaha
I would spit in Marry's face. If you aren't offering me 50% sell-on then you can get fucked. The only time I take less is a guy with a HUGE transfer (or a shitty 1-2 star scrub who came up in my academy) because the computer just won't do it. They only offer profit sell-on (sometimes) when you're in the $65-70m range and the chance of there being profit when they sell the guy is like nil. So sometimes I'll offer the player for $5-10m less with say a 20% clause.

Possible, Lukaku did say himself they weren't letting him go until the day of the loan. But also think there's something about Lukaku having to stay on loan in England because of that "trained in nation" rule.

Well, Lukaku actually doesn't make sense. BVB wasn't interested in a loan and Chelsea definately not in selling him. But I can't think of another player that was sold/loaned out so late and we could have been interested in. Fellaini? Bebe? lol

In other news, Subotic left his national team after talking to the coach and "takes a break" until next year. That's kind of an asshole move by him and I wouldn't call him up as national coach again. Maybe he's still pissed they benched him last season.

Meier

The Windows installer is accepting my product key as a valid key, but won;t let me through to the menu where you put it on the USB stick

http://i.imgur.com/UREd3PS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Is it an upgrade key perhaps (based on the error message)? I remember there being restrictions on those vs a clean install. I upgraded to Windows 7 when I did my machine. Kept my old hard drive from my previous one and just upgraded the OS to start.

Is it an upgrade key perhaps (based on the error message)? I remember there being restrictions on those vs a clean install. I upgraded to Windows 7 when I did my machine. Kept my old hard drive from my previous one and just upgraded the OS to start.

Nah, its a full retail version. Don't have a clue what I'm doing :(

Fuck me if we really loan Adnan to Blackburn. If we loan him it needs to be to a PL club. Or I dunno why we are loaning him in the first place. He would be much more useful to our first team than the likes of Young.

Not many PL teams would be willing to play him consistently I don't think.

Blackburn seems okay for a loan.

Arnie

Not many PL teams would be willing to play him consistently I don't think.

Blackburn seems okay for a loan.

I think he'd grow more as a player getting 20 minutes here and there of top level competition, than consistently playing against the likes of Burnley and Charlton. Saying that, Ross Barkley had a solid loan spell in the Championship last season and now he's got an England cap.

I don't really think he suits Championship football, either.

Labadal

Anyone here have a PS4 pre-ordered?

There are no real must have launch games but I can't help it, I have one pre-ordered on amazon.de.

Meier

There are no real must have launch games but I can't help it, I have one pre-ordered on amazon.de.

I'm probably just getting FIFA at launch personally. I'll get some other stuff via Gamefly.

Surely he doesn't meet our rigid scientific specifications. What fucking metric does he satisfy ?

http://i.imgur.com/2RpFWCN.gif[IMG]

^ Joe Hart School of Excellence[/QUOTE]
Hah, I work for the University who is broadcasting this (Longhorn Network). I've never actually gone to a girl's soccer match although I see the field on an almost daily basis. We have season tickets to the football games.. took this last weekend:

[IMG]http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/c78d3b2c129c11e38efa22000a1fbd9c_7.jpg
(This stadium seats about 101,000 people.

I went into the store to pre-order one the other day, looked at the games and then walked out again :lol

All of the release day games I want (BF4, Watch_Dogs, AC4) will all be shit loads better and cheaper on PC.

None of the release day exclusives for either console excite me.

I got one pre-ordered.

Like Meier I'll be getting FIFA day one and depending on how good the port is BF4.

If either Watch Dogs or AC4 are actually fun I'll got one of them.

P.S. Finally Meier will a Believe FC member!

Meier

I got one pre-ordered.

Like Meier I'll be getting FIFA day one and depending on how good the port is BF4.

Gentle Lovers (we'll have a new team name I imagine in 2014) is moving to PS4! We can have a NeoGAF rivalry.

I went into the store to pre-order one the other day, looked at the games and then walked out again :lol

All of the release day games I want (BF4, Watch_Dogs, AC4) will all be shit loads better and cheaper on PC.

Yeah feeling the same way. But I will probably end up buying it in February just to have it when I will suddenly have my money for the month doubled because I fucked up earlier this year and forgot to claim mah money in time lol

GorillaJu

I have a PS4 pre-ordered and I haven't decided what game(s) I'll get. Resogun and Driveclub are the two that interest me most at the moment.

Labadal

I'm probably just getting FIFA at launch personally. I'll get some other stuff via Gamefly.

Hah, I work for the University who is broadcasting this (Longhorn Network). I've never actually gone to a girl's soccer match although I see the field on an almost daily basis. We have season tickets to the football games.. took this last weekend:

c78d3b2c129c11e38efa22000a1fbd9c_7.jpg

(This stadium seats about 101,000 people.

I got one pre-ordered.

I'm getting Killzone in the bundle I pre-ordered and Driveclub via PS+ (even if not all features will be available). Might pick up Resogun, looks fun. I haven't bought a FIFA game in many years. Last one I bought was '04.

I'll probably try the free-2-play games like Warframe and Planetside 2. I might get back into DC Universe Online.

Don't Starve looks like a game I would enjoy for a couple of hours.

I might also pick up Assassin's Creed 4. last game I played in the series was AC2.

Arnie

I have a PS4 pre-ordered and I haven't decided what game(s) I'll get. Resogun and Driveclub are the two that interest me most at the moment.

Driving games bore me to absolute tears. Driveclub, Forza, Gran Turismo. The last one I truly enjoyed was Need for Speed Most Wanted, the launch game, not the reboot.

Battlefield 4 is the only game that interests me at launch, and there's mumblings that the next-gen version is wonky as. I'll wait for a proper consensus on it before deciding whether I'll 'jump ahead' and get a next generation box.

Won't have a current gen console with me until at least early October, so by the time I am reunited with my 360/PS3 I'll have GTA V and PES 2014 to keep me occupied, so I probably won't need to upgrade.

Just got back from my run, was lovely. Feel nice and exercised now, ready for some chicken. Gonna tweak my CV, watch Pursuit of Happiness, and maybe write a blog post on the winners and losers of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom