• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

walcott on the left is the very opposite of what "top" is. he relies solely on his pace, and can't pass. he can't cut to the inside and do something brilliant either. his best position is on the right where he can provide width and his pace can come in handy, and where he can try and put some crosses into the box.

i wish arsenal had a decent winger for once.

subtles

I was wondering what you guys think of Terrence Malick? I've yet to watch a film he directed but I've met someone who loves his body of work and told me I had to go see some of his films.

On another note I found a decent deal on the first three Blu rays of Breaking Bad and was wondering exactly what the show excels in? Plot, cinematography, etc.

It was during a discussion on certain technical qualities in various mediums (like composition, layout - among other things) that the above two were repeatedly brought up. Since Gaf swears by BB I thought I'd give it a shot.

Ox isn't good enough as a wide forward, in my opinion. One of my friends is a coach and I subscribe to his assessment completely; Ox should be played in the number 10 position. His strength is that power in acceleration to beat a man in tight spaces, but it isn't to run a channel or rely on outright pace. Unfortunately that's not really an option for him anymore, with Cazorla and Ozil way ahead of him in that regard. For me though Ox isn't a wide player, I think given his attributes he should be played centrally.

Walcott, Giroud, and Schurrle would be top.

Arsene's spoke about Ox playing centrally, and played him as a CM during pre-season at times. His best Arsenal performances have come on the left though, getting to the byline, cutting in, etc. Developing this way is pretty common for young attacking-midfielders (from Messi to Draxler).

Where he ends up playing is up for debate, but at the very least, during the season before last he showed he can make an impact against most Premier League sides on the flank, and did so again on the opening day against Villa.

bud

I was wondering what you guys think of Terrence Malick? I've yet to watch a film he directed but I've met someone who loves his body of work and told me I had to go see some of his films.

arguably the greatest filmmaker of all-time. he's only made six films so far, so there isn't that much to discover. just start at the beginning, with badlands, which is also his most conventional and accessible film.

Linius

On another note I found a decent deal on the first three Blu rays of Breaking Bad and was wondering exactly what the show excels in? Plot, cinematography, etc.

It was during a discussion on certain technical qualities in various mediums (like composition, layout - among other things) that the above two were repeatedly brought up. Since Gaf swears by BB I thought I'd give it a shot.

Breaking Bad is excellent in all it's being. Great writing, cinematography is topnotch, awesome cast, everything is just right.

On the subject of Malick, I've only seen Badlands which is a great movie. He's mostly loved for his style of filming. I still need to watch some more of his work, The Thin Red Line is one I need to see for sure.

Clegg

YUUUUUUURRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Translate pls

La Juve ritiene il giocatore sempre strategico per il progetto di Conte e lo corteggia con costanza. Così come i dirigenti bianconeri lavorano per ingaggiare un nuovo talento “alla Pogba”. Secondo il “Mirror”, la Juve vuole prendersi dal Manchester United Adnan Januzaj, 18enne attaccante kosovaro di origine e belga di passaporto. Il suo contratto scade a giugno 2015, ma c’è movimento attorno al ragazzo cresciuto nell’Anderlecht su cui è forte l’interesse del Blackburn.

Until 2016. There's many possibilities for the future of Courtois, selling him, one of the brightest young keepers for 20mil to a PL rival is not one of them. I can see him going back to Chelsea next season and competing with Cech, who has been great but also seems to not have a body which can keep playing on the highest level until his late 30's, things can change quickly just look at Cudicini going from player of the year awards to being a fairly young Cechs reserve under Mou.

I love how everyone seems to think we'll just up and sell our best players or brightest prospects (mata, Luiz, courtois) and tries to sell for us to other Prem teams despite us having no track record for doing so!

Mou wanted him at Chelsea this season, he said he wanted week in week out game time which mou understood. Mou then wanted to loan him to a prem team but courtois was happy at AM and they are in CL so we let him go back there.

Cech won't be with us for another decade. He's a fantastic keeper and great guy, I wonder if his previous head injury might see him retire earlier though.

TC will go to a prem club on loan next season but I see no reason why he won't sign a new deal and stay with us. If he's patient he's got that no 1 spot wrapped up for 10/15 years.

Also we'd never sell to Barce either because they're incapable of paying the asking price and we'd never deal with them regardless of mou's history with them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It originated from The Mirror so I'm sure it's bullshit.

Sending him to Blablurn (lool not gonna fix it) Rovers seems like the right move for him

Edit: Beaten

Arnie

Moyes wants to toughen him up at Blackburn the fucking dinosaur.

Have him kip on a bed of medicine balls in Darwen.

Oh shit

LaStampa (close ties to us): Juve will look to sign Adnan Januzaj next season.

BGUE6JKCIAIk_Jj.jpg

We have no defence against the Conte charm offensive. gg, Juve.

:'(

"According to The Mirror ..."

We're done here.

The Mirror story is just about him going on loan (maybe) to Blackburn. No mention of the Juve link from them.

subtles

Thanks for the input guys, I'll start with Badlands and work my way from there. Breaking Bad sounds like a gem so I'm a bit excited. It's a miracle I know next to nothing about it with so many people complaining about it being spoiled left and right.

Fergie

Banned
The Moyes Boys will be stacked. Ill be a honest gangbanger and give money to the poor. While secretly plotting nefarious deeds with Killer.

Yen

Thanks for the input guys, I'll start with Badlands and work my way from there. Breaking Bad sounds like a gem so I'm a bit excited. It's a miracle I know next to nothing about it with so many people complaining about it being spoiled left and right.
doot doot doot doot doot doot doot, doot doot, doot doot, doot doot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is there still space in whatever the group thing is you lot are setting up for the PS3 version of GTA V?

I haven't ordered it yet. I was going to hold out for the PS4/PC version but if there's a whole host of you guys playing I may get it early.

Fergie

Banned

omgkitty

Excellent stuff mate! And you're an American with a Dutch kit? Or is that not you on there?

That's me haha. It's a Huuntelaar jersey. When it comes to national teams I don't really have an allegiance to anyone and just follow who I enjoy watching and who has players I like. I also like buying jerseys, so there's that too.

Arnie

This guy is in denial. :lol
Well Suso's in the U21s now so no doubt Woodward will be dribbling all over him in mere months. Moyes, on the other hand, will have a flipchart of him on his wall which he'll study until the final day of the transfer window before deciding to abandon any bid on the grounds that he's not got the correct blood type to hold a medicine ball.

Salazar

Well Suso's in the U21s now so no doubt Woodward will be dribbling all over him in mere months. Moyes, on the other hand, will have a flipchart of him on his wall which he'll study until the final day of the transfer window before deciding to abandon any bid on the grounds that he's not got the correct blood type to hold a medicine ball.

If we go back in for Khedira, I will concede the substance of your criticisms.

Before offing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom