• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT5| Levy to Woodward "You're nobody. Pass me the ball"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Elated.

The lad needs a little break; he didn't have a pre-season and that 120 minutes against Forest absolutely decked him. Still scored two goals, like. We're going to need him nice and sharp for Monday night, because otherwise it's Aspas upfront and, whilst it worked in pre-season, I'm not too confident about it in a league match.

Crazy how our defence has gone from mentally sparse - the fucking tidal wave of disappointment that drenched our fanbase when Kolo pulled up was really telling - to bulging at the seams in a single transfer window.

For the two central spots we've got Kolo (been immense), Skrtel (was fantastic against United), Agger (kept Van Persie in his pocket), Sakho (le monstér), and Ilori (one for the future). Not to mention we've got Wisdom and Kelly who can both play there.

Bet Coates feels like shit during his rehabilitation.
The good thing about the Sturridge injury is like you said, the amount of time he played against Notts County really took it out of him. He got an injury in the warm up before United and had to play a whole 90 minutes with an injury. He needs a break but the most important thing is that he is match fit, something he wasn't at the start of the season. Hopefully he will be even sharper.

I think Kelly is probably going to play right back more than anything, I don't think you can underestimate his attacking play, when he gets going it's hard to stop him. I can see us playing Sakho left back or playing a back three.

If we played 3-5-2, it would allow both Suarez and Sturridge to play up front, and Johnson and Enrique can bomb forward, like Enrique did so well at times last season. If we play Sakho or Illori left back which both can play we can go to three in the back when attacking with Johnson or Kelly being further forward.

Loads of options, its boss.

It's about a 5 year old who caught a toyshop thief with an RC Monstertruck. You can't make that shit up.

Still a better story than Uncharted 3... nah its actually pretty decent.

Though I missed out UC2 because the first one didn't impress me too much, so maybe it could have been even better if I played them through properly.

Tokyo's definitely a safer option than Istanbul, should be good.

Fucking LOL at the "I Just Had Sex" thread. couldn't stop giggling as I read through his humongous post. Then Batigol came along.

#DEAD

Then the dramatic reading.

#EVENMOREDEAD

Why did the mods lock it, would have been a legendary thread and one for the archives :(

Fergie

Banned
I feel so cool right now. I'm using a Libero in FM atm and I'm undefeated in the shitty premier league.
vYXhOL0.jpg

Messi

Anyone here good with TV suggestions? I am looking for a 50-55' tv and trying to keep the price sub 1000 euro but still getting something nice.

GQman2121

Banned
Heat is fucking great.

Put my nephew to bed. Read him a story about a monstertruck or some shit. Time for a beer and Uncharted.

I started playing AFRIKA last night as the game I'll kill time with before GTA. It's pretty....not great. Not terrible, but janky in ways that only Japanese games can be, ie: can't invert the camera controls; tons of unnecessary text to click through; un-skippable sections where you're doing nothing but watching the AI drive. And yet, I still enjoyed myself for two hours last night as I listened to Weekend Confirmed.

This is my second playthrough though having traded someone for the Korean version years ago and not finishing it. I now have the version with Trophies--all of which are hidden--and I'm just hoping I can see it out in the next week.

I'm sitting here with a plate full of bacon and avocado and it is driving my dog MAD

Looking back, Heat has an incredible cast. All these amazing actors just before they got old and fat.

GQman2121

Banned
The Town is very, very entertaining. Just try not to think about how Jon Hamm cracks the case in the third act leading to the climax.

I got about 20 posts in to the "Had sex last night" thread in OT.

/dead

Bud never answered me in there. :'(

Bud please :

London FC has just won 2-3 over Arsenal City at the Emriates, you're job is to clean up after both football teams. You find that in the Chelsea locker room, both Branislav Ivanovic and Eden Hazard has left their sweaty underwear, still moist from the hard work they had to do to penetrate the likes of Kos and Per and hold down the always dangerous Nicklas Bendtner, they are right there, there's spots in them that are clearly the result of other fluids than sweat too, but they are right there in the middle of the locker room.

Do you sniff them?

Y/N?

iEHbBlO5QFvSF.gif

Fergie

Banned

Bud please :

London FC has just won 2-3 over Arsenal City at the Emriates, you're job is to clean up after both football teams. You find that in the Chelsea locker room, both Branislav Ivanovic and Eden Hazard has left their sweaty underwear, still moist from the hard work they had to do to penetrate the likes of Kos and Per and hold down the always dangerous Nicklas Bendtner, they are right there, there's spots in them that are clearly the result of other fluids than sweat too, but they are right there in the middle of the locker room.

Do you sniff them?

Y/N?

iEHbBlO5QFvSF.gif
1361358379706393167.GIF

Suen

Anyone have that picture of Wenger smiling (posted in this thread I believe). It was before the transfer window closed when Wenger (or some source close to him) mentioned that some signings were coming or something like that I think.

edit: is puga back yet?

Anyone have that picture of Wenger smiling (posted in this thread I believe). It was before the transfer window closed when Wenger (or some source close to him) mentioned that some signings were coming or something like that I think.

edit: is puga back yet?
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Don't have the original pic anymore.

and no

Zabojnik

Has all the screen burn bullshit been sorted out for a plasma? I've always thought they looked a little better and I was considering a new tv for uni but I dunno what to go for

Burn-in hasn't been an issue for some time now. You can still get image retention under certain circumstances, but it goes away after a few hours and it's not really a problem.

bud

Bud please :

Do you sniff them?

Y/N?

iEHbBlO5QFvSF.gif

anyone who wouldn't use ivanovic's musky underwear as a breathing mask is out of their mind

i'm not touching hazard or his underwear though

there's something inside him
it's hard to explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom